Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they want it to go into Autopilot and not suddenly accelerate. Which it currently does if you're traveling well below the limit when you trigger AP (if there's no car in front of you).

Try it when you're on a slow approach to a roundabout (which AP has no idea how to handle). It's terrifying. :D
Not if your foot is on the accelerator
Yeah if you're doing lights or roundabouts, light tap on the brake to disengange then do your own thing to stop at light or navigate roundabout, then when at desired speed light press on accelerator and engage AP.

Similarly if you're on AP and see a car crossing the road in front of you, even once its passed the AP will usually suddenly slow you down, light press on accelerator will prevent this happening without fully disengaging AP

How was the quality of the finish? Did you find anything that needs to be fixed?
How much time did they take in the handover?
I was contacted one week prior to delivery, and again the day before delivery (to confirm payment had been processed). So far I have not found any issues that require correction. As my delivery was the last one scheduled for that day, Tesla staff spent about 30 minutes.

Thanks. Some newsletters and posts seem to have incorrectly referenced version 32.12.4 will have following features:
- scheduled departure
- one pedal driving
- 5% power increase
- auto map navigation (based on home, work , weekday etc)
Probably because announcement that these would be in a release coming in a few weeks coincided with the release of 32.12.4 (minor release)

And everyone is super keen to get their hands (or feet) on these.

Moderators note
This website is hosted in the USA and my experience is that Americans are more sensitive to swearing, particularly the F bomb. This includes disguised versions using substitute letters or characters.
I have received a number of reports concerning this from TMC members both within and outside Australia.
You can express your emotions without swearing, it just takes a bit more imagination.

So you want it to go into Autopilot then suddenly brake?

I think they want it to go into Autopilot and not suddenly accelerate. Which it currently does if you're traveling well below the limit when you trigger AP (if there's no car in front of you).

Try it when you're on a slow approach to a roundabout (which AP has no idea how to handle). It's terrifying. :D

Exactly this, NOT suddenly accelerate

Yeah if you're doing lights or roundabouts, light tap on the brake to disengange then do your own thing to stop at light or navigate roundabout, then when at desired speed light press on accelerator and engage AP.

Similarly if you're on AP and see a car crossing the road in front of you, even once its passed the AP will usually suddenly slow you down, light press on accelerator will prevent this happening without fully disengaging AP

I think have tried this. But i will try again once i get my car back. It’s currently getting the dent and a few other issues fixed from delivery.
It’s weird i actually do miss driving the car.

Yep, was good to learn this ... eventually.
It brakes rather dramatic in FSP when another car crosses / turns right in front of you. Too much because a) somewhat unnecessary because they were going to clear your path fine b) increased risk of someone rear-ending you

When I take delivery of my Model 3 in “late November” (haha) I will get ceramic coating and the side windows tinted. Any recommendations in Sydney (inner west or inner south) for getting this done? Apparently there is a place very close to the Alexandria delivery centre that can do the ceramic coating - what’s it called? I also would be wary of taking Model 3 to Joe Blow Tinting who may have never seen a Model 3 before, let alone an electric car. Thanks.