Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you with intermittent Spotify problems, a solution I have found that seems to work every time is that when Spotify frezzes and wont play anything anymore, i change over to Caraoke just long enough for it to play a single second of a song on that, then quickly change back to Spotify & it seems to fix the problem & Spotify works again.
Maybe it sort of "forces" it to reset its Spotify connection when you use Caraoke.

M
Have you connected your Tesla to WiFi? Take your mobile phone, put it in hotspot mode and connect to its WiFi, Then your car will download the update. If you are short on Data, Just drive to a Tesla supercharger. Your car will automatically connect to WiFi...

Once connected, Go to the Software menu to confirm that the car is downloading the update.
I have strong WIFI in the garage and the car is connected to it no problem.

I got V10 couple of weeks after purchase. It does appear to need a rather solid and continuous wifi connection to get the updates. So unless you have good wifi at the place the car is parked, you may need to turn your phone to hotspot and connect your car to that hotspot as @RhysL said, then make sure you choose Advanced at the software update preference and leave it connected overnight. After the first people reported getting it, it took a few nights before mine got it.

I have chosen the Advanced software option.

When you go to the software update menu does it say “checking for updates”, or “your software is up to date”? Mine got stuck on checking for updates for days, a reboot fixed it. Now it only says checking for updates for a couple of seconds, then says I’m up to date, or it starts downloading the update.

Mine says ‘your software is up to date’.

I agree, I have the same problem, I don't want it to change speed when I enable Autopilot with no car in front.
Not releasing the accelerator while enable Autopilot gave me some success (I'm not sure and need to be tested and confirm)

I think all you lot should say which car you are talking about as the AP is quite different!

Yeah. I noticed if you set cruise control when going above the listed speed limit. It will CC at that speed ( eg 82km/h in a 80km/h zone)
But doesn’t if going below .

Latest V10 for firmware

Got my SR+ on Friday Oct25 (with v9). Smooth delivery process in Sydney. It got updated to v10 (2019.32.12.4) on Saturday morning.
I got 2019.32.12.2 a couple of weeks ago, waiting to see when 2019.32.12.4 will come, but since it just started rolling out end of last week, I am not too worried yet. It took about a week after 2019.32.12.2 started rolling out before I got it, so I hope I will be getting 2019.32.12.4 some time this week.

I got 2019.32.12.2 a couple of weeks ago, waiting to see when 2019.32.12.4 will come, but since it just started rolling out end of last week, I am not too worried yet. It took about a week after 2019.32.12.2 started rolling out before I got it, so I hope I will be getting 2019.32.12.4 some time this week.

2019.32.12.4 is still not rolling out to wide release, it is on very few cars as yet.

I hope I will be getting 2019.32.12.4 some time this week.
Although I got updated to 2019.32.12.4, I do not see some of the new features (example: scheduled departure) reported by users outside Australia for the same version. So, I am not sure whether some of the features are enabled/disabled based on the country. Mine is SR+ without FSD. Still not decided on whether to order FSD before a possible price increase on Nov1 for Australia, as NoA and "smart summon" not yet announced for Australia.

Looks like they had to take my car out back and shoot it.

Screenshot_20191028-113938.png

Yeah. I noticed if you set cruise control when going above the listed speed limit. It will CC at that speed ( eg 82km/h in a 80km/h zone)
But doesn’t if going below
Yeah, is same with v9. Certain roads will lock you in or around the speed limit if you go into autosteer also.

I tried to get 2019.32.12.4 (or any v10 really) this morning to enable my rear camera for Sentry after my rear plates were stolen but they said that the latest software update my car was marked for was 32.2.4 so that's all they could give me.

I have FSD.
Frankly, I'm surprised you didn't get the update pretty much right away. Give tech support a call and ask them to push it through.

I think they want it to go into Autopilot and not suddenly accelerate. Which it currently does if you're traveling well below the limit when you trigger AP (if there's no car in front of you).

Try it when you're on a slow approach to a roundabout (which AP has no idea how to handle). It's terrifying. :D
In the S and the X, just push up or down on the AP stick. To go into TACC at the current limit, push the AP stick toward yourself.