Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question about the CPO purchase process for those who have already bought: Is it possible to handle the entire transaction electronically and then just pick up the car. Or are hardcopy documents and wet signatures still required? The last car I purchased (Lexus) was delivered to my home on a flatbed. I never set foot in the dealership or even spoke to a sales person as everything was handled via email. I did have to sign documents that the driver of the flatbed brought with the car. I'm wondering if Tesla just let's customers docusign the purchase contract and other docs? Thanks for your input on this.

Question about the CPO purchase process for those who have already bought: Is it possible to handle the entire transaction electronically and then just pick up the car. Or are hardcopy documents and wet signatures still required? The last car I purchased (Lexus) was delivered to my home on a flatbed. I never set foot in the dealership or even spoke to a sales person as everything was handled via email. I did have to sign documents that the driver of the flatbed brought with the car. I'm wondering if Tesla just let's customers docusign the purchase contract and other docs? Thanks for your input on this.

My CPO was delivered to my house on a flatbed. The driver had an inspection form and delivery acceptance along with a due-bill list. The only paper outside of delivery docs was at my lender.

A whole bunch of what used to be in the Tech Package is now standard and free. This is the window sticker for the P85D that sold for $95K. With a MSRP of $121K it is pretty nicely loaded and it seems to only lack Air Suspension and Autopilot but Autopilot can be enabled I believe for $3K after delivery. For a car that is barely 3 months old at $95K this is the best priced P85D that I have seen so far. Basically a $26K discount for a 3 month old car. If anyone is looking to buy a P85D look around and most of all be patient as there are good deals out there.

View attachment 101776

No pano I see

I picked up at delivery center, most of the documents and financial transactions were completed on Tesla website before delivery. I think I signed a few things on iPad (don't remember what, I was so excited checking out the car). They made a copy of my drivers license and insurance card again at delivery center. The whole process is quick and painless, nothing like traditional car purchase.

I was in and out in 30 minutes, 25 minutes of time are going through the car and make sure everything is perfect.

If delivery center is at reasonable distance from your home, I prefer to pick it up there. If there is something wrong, it's much easier to reject the delivery there, or they have someone to repair onsite.

Last edited:
Yeah too bad it lacked the Pano Roof and Air Suspension or otherwise we might have jumped in :) I just wanted to point out that there are good deals out there for those looking to buy a P85D.

I bet the market for P85Ds and D models in general will expand significant over the next 6-12 months.

It is subjective what each person feels is a good deal, to me that car you listed is not a good deal for a $95K car with basic options.

Last edited:

You can make a payment online if you are not financing. If financing, they like to at least see that the wire confirmation from your lending institution.

The only document I signed in ink is a Due Bill form. Everything else was a docusign electronic signature. They probably took my driver's license and insurance at delivery. But a peculiar thing they did was send me the temporary CA tag ahead of time, and had me bring it in -- though they said that they had an extra one at the service center. YMMV, but I ordered a CPO that was located in Florida, shipped to Scottsdale, AZ. I picked it up at the Scottsdale service center, and drove it to and registered it in New Mexico.

I do not believe that they do flatbed deliveries for CPO vehicles. It was pretty early on in the CPO website's life, so my OA was kind of confused about the delivery policy. He initially said that it would be shipped to me and delivered via flatbed, but they backtracked. In the end, they made it up to me -- so I'm content. But I believe the policy is that you'll have to pick it up at your nearest service center. Stockton is relatively close to a few service centers, so you likely won't be in a situation like mine where you have to fly in.

It is subjective what each person feels is a good deal, to be that car you listed is not a good deal for a $95K car with basic options.

Basic options? Seriously? :) Yes it lacks the pano roof and air suspension but at $121K it is a pretty well equipped P85D. It has just about every other option you can pick.

You do realize that car actually has $15,250 worth of options; right? We can agree to disagree that a car with over $15,000 in options is not a car with "basic options."

I would consider a $121K P85D that is just 3 months old being offered for sale with a $26K discount to be a pretty good deal but we can agree to disagree on that as well :)

It might not have the right options for you, me or someone else but the person who bought that car ended up with almost a 25% discount for a 3 month old car.

My CPO purchase was 99% docusign. Everything Tesla was docusign. The only thing I physically signed was my NC Title Application and my lender's lien authorization that I sent my lender (that paper didn't go to Tesla, only their check did).

- - - Updated - - -

I do not believe that they do flatbed deliveries for CPO vehicles. It was pretty early on in the CPO website's life, so my OA was kind of confused about the delivery policy. He initially said that it would be shipped to me and delivered via flatbed, but they backtracked. In the end, they made it up to me -- so I'm content. But I believe the policy is that you'll have to pick it up at your nearest service center. Stockton is relatively close to a few service centers, so you likely won't be in a situation like mine where you have to fly in.

I was told you go in if within 150 miles of a delivery service center. Otherwise, its flatbedded to you. Drucifer was flatbedded because Charlotte didn't have its license to do deliveries yet and Raleigh was the closest authorized service center, which was over 150 miles from Charlotte.

I was told you go in if within 150 miles of a delivery service center. Otherwise, its flatbedded to you. Drucifer was flatbedded because Charlotte didn't have its license to do deliveries yet and Raleigh was the closest authorized service center, which was over 150 miles from Charlotte.

Ah, I see. Maybe New Mexico laws interfered with this policy? They're preventing a service center being built here in ABQ. I think I'm about 400-450 miles to my closest service center.

In any case, it looks like Zarasa would need to go and pick it up from a service center.

Huh.. this is a head scratcher! A fully loaded CPO P90DL just got listed for $134,400.

Model S P90D 099247 | Tesla Motors

An identically spec'd NEW car, after the Federal Tax Credit (but no state credits) is: $133,250. Plus you can add in a $1k referral credit bringing it even lower.

I wonder who at TM thinks they can sell a CPO car, with no tax credit, for more than a new car, and about a one-month wait.

Huh.. this is a head scratcher! A fully loaded CPO P90DL just got listed for $134,400.

An identically spec'd NEW car, after the Federal Tax Credit (but no state credits) is: $133,250. Plus you can add in a $1k referral credit bringing it even lower.

I wonder who at TM thinks they can sell a CPO car, with no tax credit, for more than a new car, and about a one-month wait.

Maybe it's actually an Inventory model that incorrectly got set to CPO in their database?

Yes, but don't you know that used cars are worth more... :rolleyes:

It takes time and effort to put miles on a car and that's not free. You want a car with some miles on it, you have to pay for that :wink:

I am driving this around at the moment as a loaner 60 kWh Model S P49511 | Tesla Motors and was so smitten with the autopilot I inquired about trade-in and purchase. I hadn't seen price info yet but last night this was added to the tesla website along with a ton of other inventory cars.

$74.6k for a 14 month old S60 strikes me as pretty rich - I thought perhaps trading in my 2013 S85 for this one wouldn't be a huge difference but it's looking like it will be (unless they really surprise me on the upside with their trade-in offer... not likely!)

Anyway, I was under the impression they used a 1% a month + $1/mile formula off the original sticker with these inventory cars. Am I misremembering, or did that formula get the heave-ho at some point? I haven't really been paying attention to the used-Tesla market.

Anyway, it's a nice car. I can say the fit/finish improvements of newer models (even 'newer' as in late 2014) is noticeable. And that autopilot... man o man.

Anyway, I was under the impression they used a 1% a month + $1/mile formula off the original sticker with these inventory cars. Am I misremembering, or did that formula get the heave-ho at some point? I haven't really been paying attention to the used-Tesla market.

A long time ago (like when I bought my Inventory car) that was the formula. And I think that might be the "base" formula now, but there are other factors that influence the final sale price. I think it's a "Magic 8-Ball".