Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When does the service mileage/months/years "count" for a CPO/Tesla used 2016 Model S 75D "start"? Tesla's site has several intervals for various components here, but since it's a CPO/Tesla used car, how do I know when these are due? Do I count from the mileage/date of delivery, or something else?

Thanks!
The build date is on the door jamb. I'd add a month or two to that and count from there. The intervals are all pretty non-critical and you will be fine being off by a few months one way or the other.

Thanks. So, don't assume that the car was "freshly current" as of the date of delivery to me, start counting from the original build date?
You can ask Tesla how current things are. They won't share the service history but they will look at it for you. I think they're used to people not doing the maintenance though. They seemed a bit surprised when I asked for the year one gear oil change (which was on the schedule when I bought my car, but is gone now), and quite surprised when I asked for the brake fluid check (which was cheap). The filters and wipers are always no big deal though, and the Rangers have them on hand so you can get them as a mobile service, or at least they did one for me.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Does anyone know if there's any pattern to these used car price from tesla?

Does Tesla do anything like end of quarter push for used car like sometime they do new car?

I have seen some crazy price drop that doesn't make sense e.g.
5YJ3E1EB9JF083333
Went from 52,200 > 42,600 *directly*, doesn't really make sense. Is that even real?

... Does Tesla do anything like end of quarter push for used car like sometime they do new car?
Haven't noticed that.
I have seen some crazy price drop that doesn't make sense e.g.
5YJ3E1EB9JF083333
Went from 52,200 > 42,600 *directly*, doesn't really make sense. Is that even real?
This happens when issue(s) are found with vehicle. Scratches, rock chips, torn vinyl, etc...

Reactions: supratachophobia
Any thoughts on how long it will take for MS trades (to buy 2021 refresh models, LR or Plaid) to filter into Tesla's used car system? Obviously, it will depend on how quickly new 2021 deliveries ramp, but any thoughts on what the delta is between a trade of an S to Tesla used car availability is? And, even if it's quick (like late June), would folks recommend waiting until later in the summer to try to buy a used Tesla (from Tesla), maybe with better pricing close to the end of the quarter? Thanks!

Any thoughts on how long it will take for MS trades (to buy 2021 refresh models, LR or Plaid) to filter into Tesla's used car system? Obviously, it will depend on how quickly new 2021 deliveries ramp, but any thoughts on what the delta is between a trade of an S to Tesla used car availability is? And, even if it's quick (like late June), would folks recommend waiting until later in the summer to try to buy a used Tesla (from Tesla), maybe with better pricing close to the end of the quarter? Thanks!

I'd guess not long at all, or IOW, as soon as they possibly can. As mentioned above, Tesla does not like to sit on used inventory. In fact, a few years ago, Tesla would list for sale their lease returned cars weeks or even a month before they were returned. This was actually an idea directly from Elon -- to try to sell these cars well before they were available for pickup, reducing the inventory hold time to essentially zero. It didn't work so well, so they essentially dropped the idea, although I still see one or two from time to time.

With this long delay in delivering the new MS/MX and large pent-up demand of people waiting to buy, there's going to be a glut of traded-in MS/MX for sale, so I'm certain that Tesla will not waste a single day getting those cars listed and for sale. We already know they've stopped all-but-necessary repairs, and even delivering cars still dirty from their previous owners, and they've stopped supplying real photos of the used cars, there's really not much standing in their way to slow down listing these cars for sale. We've even heard stories of people buying used and Tesla still hadn't received the title from the previous bank, so even that won't stop them from posting these cars for sale.

It's going to be wild, for sure.

I'd guess not long at all, or IOW, as soon as they possibly can. As mentioned above, Tesla does not like to sit on used inventory. In fact, a few years ago, Tesla would list for sale their lease returned cars weeks or even a month before they were returned. This was actually an idea directly from Elon -- to try to sell these cars well before they were available for pickup, reducing the inventory hold time to essentially zero. It didn't work so well, so they essentially dropped the idea, although I still see one or two from time to time.

With this long delay in delivering the new MS/MX and large pent-up demand of people waiting to buy, there's going to be a glut of traded-in MS/MX for sale, so I'm certain that Tesla will not waste a single day getting those cars listed and for sale. We already know they've stopped all-but-necessary repairs, and even delivering cars still dirty from their previous owners, and they've stopped supplying real photos of the used cars, there's really not much standing in their way to slow down listing these cars for sale. We've even heard stories of people buying used and Tesla still hadn't received the title from the previous bank, so even that won't stop them from posting these cars for sale.

It's going to be wild, for sure.
Thank you (and previous poster) very much for those replies. Very helpful in terms of figuring out my plan!

This is the bad part of the old dealership model sneaking in. Cars often land on dealer websites before they have even been through detailing, sometimes with stock photos, and it's not actually so weird for the title to be delayed by weeks or months.

Reactions: EV-CPO
Hello,

Continuing to do my tracking on the used Tesla market. I've seen some models that advertise "All Black Premium Interior" and others that advertise "Black Premium Interior"; these are both 2018 MS 75D models, as listed on Tesla's site. Can anyone say what the difference is?

Thanks,

Todd
Can you post the VINs of examples of each one, and I’ll look into it.

Reactions: FlatSix911
I feel weird being the most recent poster on this forum, from August, but...

I feel like I've noticed a significant reduction in prices for MS that I might consider buying, reductions in the last couple of weeks. Cars that might have gone for no less than $67K or so last month are now going for around $61K, and cars are hanging out for sale longer.

Anyone want to venture a theory for why? One possibility is just market forces (more supply, less demand). But, every day that goes by is one day less on the warranty. For many of the 2018s that I'm looking at, those warranties end from just a few weeks from now until the end of the year, at best, before the Tesla 1yr extension kicks in.

Any thoughts on the above or other factors?

Thanks,

Todd

I feel weird being the most recent poster on this forum, from August, but...

I feel like I've noticed a significant reduction in prices for MS that I might consider buying, reductions in the last couple of weeks. Cars that might have gone for no less than $67K or so last month are now going for around $61K, and cars are hanging out for sale longer.

Anyone want to venture a theory for why? One possibility is just market forces (more supply, less demand). But, every day that goes by is one day less on the warranty. For many of the 2018s that I'm looking at, those warranties end from just a few weeks from now until the end of the year, at best, before the Tesla 1yr extension kicks in.

Any thoughts on the above or other factors?

Thanks,

Todd
I suspect Model 75's trade-in's might be high with the 100 refreshes and they are trying to move them