Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are probably cycling through them to get all the cars "sitting on the lot" into the "new" front-end system from the back-end system and maintaining things on the new system -- all this as a separate function than actually listing them for sale. From a high-level point of view, it makes sense as there were many things about the back-end-system that Tesla employees didn't like.

Sorry Hank, you probably mentioned this in another post, but I didn't follow. What source tells you a CPO is again available for sale if it's not on TM preowned site?

ETA: never mind, I got it. If you punch in the URL for specific VIN its for sale again, but it doesn't show up on the location page that shows all CPO for that region.

Last edited:
If the car isn't listed for sale, how are you finding them?

What BoerumHill said above.

They were once listed on the TM CPO site, and the consolidator picked them up. They were then sold/removed, and the consolidator picked that up too. BUT, I found that some of the removed cars, when querying their detail web page are still available for sale, just not listed on the main CPO TM site.

Just click on this link: 85 kWh Performance Model S P16299 | Tesla Motors You won't be able to find it LISTED for sale on the TM CPO site. But it sure looks available for sale to me.

But it sure looks available for sale to me.

I seriously doubt that Tesla considers these cars available for sale. They just happened to (perhaps sloppily, accidentally) have their pages remain publicly accessible even thought they aren't linked to from anything.

But there's no need to speculate. If you're interested, just ask Tesla if you can buy one of those unlisted cars.

Thanks for the link to the caliper paint kit.

http://formytesla.com/caliper-paint-kit.html

tesla_red_caliper_paint_kit_11991.jpg

Gotta go to my brake caliper and rim place. I didn't get my hats done, but they are in pretty good shape.
Here are some sample before and after hats using high temp silver paint courtesy of formytesla.com http://formytesla.com/

I seriously doubt that Tesla considers these cars available for sale. They just happened to (perhaps sloppily, accidentally) have their pages remain publicly accessible even thought they aren't linked to from anything.

They have "Buy" buttons on them, and they're all "overpriced' at the moment. I do very much suspect they are actually for sale and just being rotated in or out of inventory on the website. It's probably one (marketing) group responsible for the listings, and another (sales) for marking cars as sold. Or they are available for sale, but being reconditioned, repaired, or moved around the country. It also could take some time for an unsold car to be marked as available (with a 'Buy' button) and then some more time to make it back on the site. Also, there's no region that has more than 40 cars, so they are clearly limiting their website to only list up to 40 cars per region.

They have "Buy" buttons on them, and they're all "overpriced' at the moment. I do very much suspect they are actually for sale and just being rotated in or out of inventory on the website. It's probably one (marketing) group responsible for the listings, and another (sales) for marking cars as sold. Or they are available for sale, but being reconditioned, repaired, or moved around the country. It also could take some time for an unsold car to be marked as available (with a 'Buy' button) and then some more time to make it back on the site. Also, there's no region that has more than 40 cars, so they are clearly limiting their website to only list up to 40 cars per region.

I'll back up this statement as it wouldn't let me put a deposit down the vehicle after I click the "buy" button on the vehicle I just tried to get, whereas clicking "buy" on the other cars will let u get to the credit card page.

- - - Updated - - -

Still available to me. Check it again.

Nope....click the buy button and see what happens....

Error

An error has occurred. Please go back to the Design Studio and try again.

I'm like really bummed right now.....

Last edited:
I'll back up this statement as it wouldn't let me put a deposit down the vehicle after I click the "buy" button on the vehicle I just tried to get, whereas clicking "buy" on the other cars will let u get to the credit card page.

Looks like it popped back on at 4am. Sorry you missed it!

The timing is strange too.. 4am on a Sunday(or I guess 1am in Calif) I think it might have been an "inside" job, whereas they relisted it specifically for someone in the know to buy it right away. Especially for such an early Sig car. Kind of like posting a job application for a job already filled. If its not that, then there's some automated system in place to move cars back into inventory.

Also, for the "hidden" cars, the "Buy" button goes to the CC page, so I still think they're for sale and not errors or sloppiness.

When I tried earlier in the week on one of the hidden cars, I got to the credit card page just fine. S00222 above won't though (at least on my phone).