Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is probably a difficult question for other people to answer, since everyone has their own personal considerations regarding whether a particular Model S is a smart buy, but I just learned that the S85 that I placed a deposit for yesterday comes with the textile interior (wasn't specifically listed), and I'm debating whether or not to look for another CPO vehicle. Here is my config:

S85 / 2012 / 27,820 miles / Blue Metallic / Textile / Body Color Roof / 19" wheels / Obeche Matte / Tech Package / Active Air Suspension / Sound Studio Package

The price was $51,400, which seemed pretty good for an S85, albeit a 2012 model with some miles. Ideally, I would have preferred if the car had the Panoramic roof and 21" turbine wheels, and gray interior would have been nice. But the low price initially sold me, and I figured it was worth it for me to give up the roof and wheels for the savings. Now I'm thinking I might want to upgrade the wheels in any event, and the textile interior has me second guessing the purchase.

Anyone have any thoughts/opinions on whether it's worth the cost savings to go with the textile interior (and forgo the pano roof and 21" wheels)?
I saw that car!
From the photos it looked like it had textile seats, but you're right it was not in the description.

I have 21s and to be honest I love them, however sometimes I wish I had the 19 inch wheels as I've already curbed mine and the ride is a bit louder and firmer than what I remember after test driving an s85 with 19s

They probably won't apply it to the merchandise, as that is run by a third-party vendor.

They might transfer it, and if they do, please let us know so we can add it to the collective subconscious.

So, I had two deposits on two different CPO cars, I was able to apply the deposit from the one I didn't want to the one I purchased with no time constraints. They even added a new nose cone without the license bracket. I'm a happy camper, will be picking my Blue 2013 P85 tomorrow, 11k miles, all options except for jump seats and cold weather package, $67k. Also included the Factory tour :).

image.jpg

So, I had two deposits on two different CPO cars, I was able to apply the deposit from the one I didn't want to the one I purchased with no time constraints. They even added a new nose cone without the license bracket. I'm a happy camper, will be picking my Blue 2013 P85 tomorrow, 11k miles, all options except for jump seats and cold weather package, $67k. Also included the Factory tour :).

View attachment 87661

Awesome price and exactly what i'll be looking for...some day. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I was bidding on that a bit last night. I wasn't sure how high it would get with that many miles on it. Also the seller had 0 feedback and even though it was a no reserve auction the seller said they reserve the right to cancel the auction so i wonder if it'll actually sell for that price.

View attachment 87661

That's a beautiful ride right there - nice and congrats!

Leasing is really the way to go now since every 90 days Elon announces something new...
I don't think I can risk CPO at this point.

I'm over the moon happy with my CPO. The first few years of depreciation are behind it, the car has fantastic range and speed, I couldn't want for more.

I also buy used laptops for my family as well, as I can get amazing value for a few hundred instead of a thousand. Yeah, doesn't have the latest stuff, but is 90% as good a the newest. This is how I feel about my CPO S85, it's more than I could have dreamed.

My head is spinning with today's press conference.
Leasing is really the way to go now since every 90 days Elon announces something new...
I don't think I can risk CPO at this point.

Actually, the opposite is true. I bought an "already obsolete and depreciated" P85. The real risk is in having a new car and then having it's configuration retired in a few months. They already stopped making the P85 9 months ago. They can't stop making it again. It has already taken whatever hit for being discontinued. I benefitted from the lower price AND have insurance that it won't be discontinued again.

I keep watching the CPOs while considering buying a second car but I am very very picky -- must have cloth headliner, old seats, white exterior, light-colored interior, tech package, 85, and preferably dual chargers (otherwise I have to pay to add them) and parking sensors... I guess picky people like me should order new :)