Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CPO cars are really not a priority for Tesla right now.
They are putting all resources toward New deliveries to meet the YE15 target of 50,000.
As a stock holder and owner I fully support their priorities ... used cars can wait till 2016.

If it really is not their priority they should let their customers know this. When you are a $30 billion company you should have the resources to make it so and you can't just pick and choose priorities on a whim and leave people hanging. Why even get into the CPO market then in the first place if they are not going to do it right? Do CPO cars command six figures? No, but they are not chump change either and Tesla better treat people who are dropping $50-90k on a USED car better.

If it really is not their priority they should let their customers know this

Tesla told them an estimated date, which is the proper information to communicate. Conjecture and guessing on this forum is just that.

When you are a $30 billion company you should have the resources to make it so and you can't just pick and choose priorities on a whim and leave people hanging

The customers have an estimated date, they are not left hanging. Resources are spent/organized based on many priorities, revenue, safety, resource availability, vacations all feed in to proper management. Tesla seems to be getting things mostly right, and I personally have been thrilled with our CPO purchase earlier this year, and the service provided.

Why even get into the CPO market then in the first place if they are not going to do it right? Do CPO cars command six figures? No, but they are not chump change either and Tesla better treat people who are dropping $50-90k on a USED car better.

People with positive CPO purchase experience like me may be drowned out by negative experiences. I've been very active in this thread from the beginning, and I can state there are a lot more positive than negative experiences on the whole.

Why don't you buy now and stop waiting for the Model 3? That's what we did, and it's awesome to be driving a Tesla! Our CPO Tesla S 85 is a brilliant car, was a massive discount off new, it has 72000 km on it, and is running perfectly. Couldn't be happier with Tesla. There's no time like the present.

Just finished parking it in our 1920's era garage on a gravel floor, it's funny seeing two electric cars in a garage that old. The updated wiring and EVSE's sure look out of place compared to the old beams and single pane rolled glass windows.

The lease offerings are only for Inventory cars.

The down payment and monthly payments are displayed on the TM CPO site for each car.
I'm not seeing financing payments on the CPO site, at least not without going through the ordering and deposit process, so perhaps I'm missing something. I was curious so I called Tesla and was told that current CPO financing is typically 10% down, 72 months, interest in the mid 3% range, perhaps a bit less for high credit scores.

I'm not seeing financing payments on the CPO site, at least not without going through the ordering and deposit process, so perhaps I'm missing something. I was curious so I called Tesla and was told that current CPO financing is typically 10% down, 72 months, interest in the mid 3% range, perhaps a bit less for high credit scores.

As Hank said, they are only shown for Inventory models, not CPOs.

An example:
2015-12-29_1249.png

Last edited:
I'm looking to buy a 85 CPO. There are two options that I really want. The rear parking sensors and the DRLs. Can anybody suggest on what would be the VIN cut-off for these options.

They dont just come with rear parking senors. You get "parking sensors" which is front and back, I think VIN 17K and higher it was an option and most cars with tech packaging have the DRL's.

I'm looking to buy a 85 CPO. There are two options that I really want. The rear parking sensors and the DRLs. Can anybody suggest on what would be the VIN cut-off for these options.
If you are going to buy a CPO car, the car description on the Tesla CPO website will tell you whether the car has Parking Sensors or not (and as has been pointed out those sensors have always been front and rear).
DRLs came with the Tech Package option.
NOTE: there is no precise "VIN cutoff" for any option package because cars are not built in VIN order. In your case, look for cars built after mid 2013 or so.

That is true if you are asking for an opinion on which option or trim level is better, because those are subjective preferences. Price though is a little more concrete.

In this case the equation is straightforward: it is a base S with 21k miles and a depreciation of $12k (with fed rebate factored in). I don't have much to compare against a base S depreciation, because most of the used ones have options and lots of it.

Here is another one I am exchanging emails now, that still has not hit the CPO site:
85 KWh with AP, No other options
Manufacture date Dec, 2014
Mileage: 21k
Price: $63K
Thoughts ?
Have you searched the consolidator page for all the other 85's out there yet ?
http://ev-cpo.com/

I did a quick search for 2014 and 85 battery pack and then sorted it by price. What you are looking at is pretty close to this one.
85 kWh Model S P45043 | Tesla Motors

Now I really like the dark blue paint with the black leather interior but not everyone feels the same. I could also care less about AP 1.0 but hey thats just me.

My car has the pano roof and it sounds like the window is open at 70 mph even though it is shut, so having the solid roof looks pretty good also.

I guess what I am saying is compare the car you emailed about to this one and then decide which one is the best buy.

I noticed, to my surprise, that all the CPO cars listed on HankLloydRight's site have the "TP" tech package. Am I correct in assuming that it is added to cars that don't already have it, like Supercharging?

There are currently two S60s without Tech Package. Depending on VIN, not all things in the Tech Package are software. Power Liftgate, parking sensors, and folding mirrors are just three examples, I'm sure there are others.

Hi Guys,

Just started looking out for a CPO model S under 50k. Would love a 85 but I think I am limited to 60s. I keep reading about people getting notified of pre owned inventory before it shows up on the website. How does that work?

Keep eps up the good work, loads of good info here.

Hi Guys,

Just started looking out for a CPO model S under 50k. Would love a 85 but I think I am limited to 60s. I keep reading about people getting notified of pre owned inventory before it shows up on the website. How does that work?

Keep eps up the good work, loads of good info here.
Contact your local Service Center, they'll be able to give you info on models not listed on the site.

Contact your local Service Center, they'll be able to give you info on models not listed on the site.

Thats what I did and I told them what I want - bare-bones 85 with AP, and my sales advisor was able to find one that was still not listed on the CPO site. It is a 57K VIN 2014 bare-bones blue 85kWh & 21k miles on it

Interestingly when it hit the website a few days later, there was no mention of AP, but my adviser is certain that it has been mis-listed and has AP on it. And he believes that it is also priced incorrectly lower for the same reason. He did send me an internal screen shot that did list AP as one of the options.

We will see. Until someone walks over to the car and checks it out physically I will never know for certain.

Thats what I did and I told them what I want - bare-bones 85 with AP, and my sales advisor was able to find one that was still not listed on the CPO site. It is a 57K VIN 2014 bare-bones blue 85kWh & 21k miles on it

Interestingly when it hit the website a few days later, there was no mention of AP, but my adviser is certain that it has been mis-listed and has AP on it. And he believes that it is also priced incorrectly lower for the same reason. He did send me an internal screen shot that did list AP as one of the options.

We will see. Until someone walks over to the car and checks it out physically I will never know for certain.

That is because Tesla wants to charge $3K to activate it.