Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is because Tesla wants to charge $3K to activate it.

Not correct.

- If it lists, "Autopilot" then it is already activated and you don't need to pay extra.
- If it is says "AP hardware and sensors" (something to that effect) then it means activation is needed.
- If it says, 'Tech Package" then there are no AP sensors and car can never be upgraded to AP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats what I did and I told them what I want - bare-bones 85 with AP, and my sales advisor was able to find one that was still not listed on the CPO site. It is a 57K VIN 2014 bare-bones blue 85kWh & 21k miles on it

Interestingly when it hit the website a few days later, there was no mention of AP, but my adviser is certain that it has been mis-listed and has AP on it. And he believes that it is also priced incorrectly lower for the same reason. He did send me an internal screen shot that did list AP as one of the options.

We will see. Until someone walks over to the car and checks it out physically I will never know for certain.

Are you planning to buy this car? If it is in Dallas you can personally have a look at this car and see if it has auto-pilot hardware in it.

Last edited:
There are currently two S60s without Tech Package. Depending on VIN, not all things in the Tech Package are software. Power Liftgate, parking sensors, and folding mirrors are just three examples, I'm sure there are others.
Thanks, that helps. The reason I was wondering is that the tech package stuff isn't of interest to me and I was hoping that cars that don't have it would drop in price as those who wanted the latest tech gizmos — especially AP — traded up.

For me, tech package items are just more things to break that I don't need or want anyway. But it appears that most Model S cars were sold with a lot of options, including the tech package of the time.

IMHO....I'd say yes if it's an Inventory, but CPO I'm not too certain...as I've been tracking prices for these types of specs, I'd say 83K, and that's at the most if this is a CPO....now if only they'd give a little leeway, I'd be a 2 Tesla household now!

The P85+ with AP is a bit pricy IMO. Still like others have said, it's a rare combo so if you are really after the + with rear wheel drive and wants AP, then this might be the only option at this point. However, I have read the P85D and presumably the P90D drives similar or better compared to the P85+ in terms of corning and suspension and such. I cannot confirm myself because I have not driven any, but I think getting a P85D might be a better deal because it has AP already, faster acceleration, AWD, and same tires front and back so you can buy tires much easier than the different tires size of the P85+. I say fair price for the P85+ with AP would probably be low $70K given the market for it.

The P85+ with AP is a bit pricy IMO. Still like others have said, it's a rare combo so if you are really after the + with rear wheel drive and wants AP, then this might be the only option at this point. However, I have read the P85D and presumably the P90D drives similar or better compared to the P85+ in terms of corning and suspension and such. I cannot confirm myself because I have not driven any, but I think getting a P85D might be a better deal because it has AP already, faster acceleration, AWD, and same tires front and back so you can buy tires much easier than the different tires size of the P85+. I say fair price for the P85+ with AP would probably be low $70K given the market for it.

rare is the P85+ with AP and RFS and fully loaded! that was the combo i was initially looking for in the very beginning...alas, they never showed up till 3-4 weeks ago, after I already got my car....maybe just never meant to be I guess...as for 70K, me thinks you're dreaming a bit as they'll surely get snatched up before going down to that price.

It's very rare to find a P85+ with AP, I was told they only made a few of them. None of them will be in the $70's for a very long time. Also, Tesla's pricing is all over the place so who knows where prices will be in the future.

i believe the number quoted was ~375 P85(+/-...(see what i did there? lol)) with AP....so rare? yes....add RFS and it's even more rare.

I think people have posted this already. Rare doesnt mean it is highly valued. Sure some might be willing to pay the price and if so i would recommend jump on it. But again baseball cards are rare. But are they highly valued? Probably not. $70K estimate is supply and demand. While it is true supply is small so is demand. Especially when there are plenty of more enticing options if you give up the plus.

Last edited:
Some of these I just don't get.

85 kWh Performance Model S P41105 | Tesla Motors

P85+, almost "new" - 230 miles for $105,250 (4.2 seconds 0-60)

At the same time, someone could buy an NEW 85D (4.4 seconds 0-60) with all the same options for $99,500 (after tax credit) and add All Wheel Drive and Auto Pilot for $5k LESS.

Just reading some old posts. If anyone is keeping track of CPO depreciation, this P85+ started out at $105,250.

It's still listed for sale ---- for $81,000. :scared:

Just reading some old posts. If anyone is keeping track of CPO depreciation, this P85+ started out at $105,250.

It's still listed for sale ---- for $81,000. :scared:

If they initially priced it at $90K they likely could have sold it for that price and they'd be $8K ahead by now. They need to get their initial pricing right so they are not sitting on an overpriced fast depreciating asset that would be worth even less in the future...

We are looking to buy a P85D and most of the pricing we have seen so far makes absolutely no sense as at those current prices We'd rather just buy new. This is what they did initially with some of the P85+ models and what has now necessitated in much larger price drops later...

Hopefully they will get better at their initial pricing and it will be better for Tesla and those looking to buy one.

If they initially priced it at $90K they likely could have sold it for that price and they'd be $8K ahead by now. They need to get their initial pricing right so they are not sitting on an overpriced fast depreciating asset that would be worth even less in the future...

We are looking to buy a P85D and most of the pricing we have seen so far makes absolutely no sense as at those current prices We'd rather just buy new. This is what they did initially with some of the P85+ models and what has now necessitated in much larger price drops later...

Hopefully they will get better at their initial pricing and it will be better for Tesla and those looking to buy one.

I've seen this happen quite often including just down the street from my house. A 2012 S85 very low vin# and an A battery (I've looked) with 21,042 miles. Used car lot wants $65,000 for it. It's been sitting there for 2+ years and was only recently brought down to that price. Small town, no chance of it moving at that price.