Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Put a deposit down for a 2013 P85 in metallic green w/ black performance interior, body roof, 21" grey turbines for $53.9K. Has 45K miles on it. It was in hidden inventory on ev-cpo.com but bit on it since it seemed like a pretty good deal given the options. Would've preferred a later model with parking sensors but can live without. Found out today it's being used as a loaner. A bit concerned about that and the fact it's an earlyish VIN number. Also my ideal color would've been metallic grey but the green looks pretty sharp. I'm still in my 72 hour window so can still move the deposit to another car. Anyone see a reason I should rethink this car?

Good looking car! Congrats. Also, nice going finding a car in the "Hidden" area.

Put a deposit down for a 2013 P85 in metallic green w/ black performance interior, body roof, 21" grey turbines for $53.9K. Has 45K miles on it. It was in hidden inventory on ev-cpo.com but bit on it since it seemed like a pretty good deal given the options. Would've preferred a later model with parking sensors but can live without. Found out today it's being used as a loaner. A bit concerned about that and the fact it's an earlyish VIN number. Also my ideal color would've been metallic grey but the green looks pretty sharp. I'm still in my 72 hour window so can still move the deposit to another car. Anyone see a reason I should rethink this car?

Green Metallic Paint
Body Color Roof
21" Grey Wheels Black Performance Interior
Carbon Fiber Décor
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Supercharging Twin Chargers
Tech Package
Active Air Suspension
Sound Studio Package

Thanks in advance!
Yes, that car is a currently a loaner here in Austin. I almost bit on it too, as it seemed like decent deal (and would be no shipping charge for me), but really wanted pano roof, folding mirrors and parking sensors. I haven't seen any pictures of it, but for the price and options I think its a decent deal. Not sure what condition it is in, but should be reconditioned during the CPO process.

Good luck and post some pics when you get the car (if you still get this one).

Wanted to know if anyone had this experience - put my deposit toward a 2014 Model S CPO out of Chicago. Both the build sheet and the MVPA specified 21" Grey wheels, but the pictures showed 19" Slipstream. I asked about the wheels before I bought it and I asked the DS about the discrepancy. I'm waiting on a response. I think I would prefer the 19" Slipstream, but I'm hoping they will knock some of the $4500.00 off the purchase price.

Wanted to know if anyone had this experience - put my deposit toward a 2014 Model S CPO out of Chicago. Both the build sheet and the MVPA specified 21" Grey wheels, but the pictures showed 19" Slipstream. I asked about the wheels before I bought it and I asked the DS about the discrepancy. I'm waiting on a response. I think I would prefer the 19" Slipstream, but I'm hoping they will knock some of the $4500.00 off the purchase price.
Maybe they sent pictures of the wrong car? The slipstream wheels weren't introduced until just recently, so would be quite odd to have them on a 2014 unless previous owner or service center swapped them for some reason.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
He had swapped them, and the DS is getting the 21s put back on and getting me a new nose cone to replace the one that has a front license plate. So far Earnest Matt and James Tillapaugh have been great - responsive, excellent communication, customer first.

When you get pictures from your DS, do they look like they are from a private sale, or at the Tesla Service Center? I received some pics of a car, but it has a house, and other items in the picture. Like the pictures were pulled from a private sale and Tesla did not have pictures after the inspection. Or the owner is trading the vehicle in and the local Tesla center asked for pictures, but has not received the car?

Errors like this happen all the time. It is very important that anyone buying a CPO car do not hit the buy button until you have actual pipcs of the car and a carfax or autocheck. If Tesla will not give you either than move on.

When I asked for mine (granted, at the beginning of the CPO for Model S program), I didn't get a Carfax or Autocheck and these were the only pics provided.

rcEGChN.jpg

kn41ndl.jpg

cGy0zwy.jpg

QYaUPDn.jpg

Enough to tell the major parts looked like they are ok, but hardly enough detail to really tell anything beyond a superficial look. Are you getting more detailed pics?

When I asked for mine (granted, at the beginning of the CPO for Model S program), I didn't get a Carfax or Autocheck and these were the only pics provided.

rcEGChN.jpg

kn41ndl.jpg

cGy0zwy.jpg

QYaUPDn.jpg

Enough to tell the major parts looked like they are ok, but hardly enough detail to really tell anything beyond a superficial look. Are you getting more detailed pics?
I got 9 pics...better coverage, but not as good lighting.

Nice ride, by the way. Love the Dolphin Grey.

Reactions: Cyclone
I thought Certified Pre-Owned meant "certified". Apparently it just means "pre-owned". You would think that Tesla would not want a car that they "certified" to have any issues that a CarFax report would identify, before they knew about it already. Interesting.

I thought Certified Pre-Owned meant "certified". Apparently it just means "pre-owned". You would think that Tesla would not want a car that they "certified" to have any issues that a CarFax report would identify, before they knew about it already. Interesting.
Excellent point! I too thought that the history of the car would have been cleared by Tesla before they would certify it.

Cars with significant accident history will not be certified. But if a car was in a fender bender, repaired, and passed the certification inspection they'll sell it as a CPO. The accident will be disclosed, and, at least for the one that I saw that did have a Carfax issue, the price will be a few grand less than a simiar car without an issue. And of course it will have the 4-year 50k mile CPO warranty.

Cars with significant accident history will not be certified. But if a car was in a fender bender, repaired, and passed the certification inspection they'll sell it as a CPO. The accident will be disclosed, and, at least for the one that I saw that did have a Carfax issue, the price will be a few grand less than a simiar car without an issue. And of course it will have the 4-year 50k mile CPO warranty.
Thanks for the clarification. That all makes sense.

Looks like a nice one. For comparison, I'm waiting for my P85+ with similar miles, 21k range vin (parking sensors folding power mirrors). I don't have the dual chargers but have the pano roof and what is now called the uhfs system. Glossy obeche instead of cf, and black nappa vs black performance seats. $57,600. Yours looks good!

Thanks! So you got the one of out New York? :) I was looking at that exact one for a few days but had just started learning the whole CPO process. I finally called the SW region CPO advisor and asked him to send picts but guess you had snagged it in the evening. Congrats it's a sweet config!

Good looking car! Congrats. Also, nice going finding a car in the "Hidden" area.

Thanks Hank. Your tool has been absolutely amazing during this process!

Yes, that car is a currently a loaner here in Austin. I almost bit on it too, as it seemed like decent deal (and would be no shipping charge for me), but really wanted pano roof, folding mirrors and parking sensors. I haven't seen any pictures of it, but for the price and options I think its a decent deal. Not sure what condition it is in, but should be reconditioned during the CPO process.

Good luck and post some pics when you get the car (if you still get this one).

I was trying to avoid the pano since I live in AZ to reduce any heat. However I would like the folding mirrors and parking sensors but the given the deal will go through with it. I'm really drawn the metallic green now. Will post picts. Thanks!

Errors like this happen all the time. It is very important that anyone buying a CPO car do not hit the buy button until you have actual pipcs of the car and a carfax or autocheck. If Tesla will not give you either than move on.
The crux of the thing though, is by time you request pictures and get them (if you even get them at all), car could already be snagged by someone else. Just wish they would post pictures of the actual car instead of the lame stock photos.