Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess it is all YMMV. Consider yourself lucky. Here is someone with less mileage than you.

Calling high mileage, long term owners

And i have read countless others with around this range and lower.

Also keep in mind the number you currently see is YMMV also. You might get more you might get less. It all depends on a lot of things.

Yes, completely. The same can also be said to those getting lower numbers ;)

Interesting to note two data points on ev-cpo: 1. The cheapest car is now an S60 in the $50s that has been available since 2015 and 2. The most recent cars added to the list are all inventory models at $100k+.

I wonder how long it will be until even a 60 is back in the $40s...

Interesting Dreamer. I was told the car was from Tennessee and only just recently arrived in Atlanta. Did get photos and thought the car looked pretty good. what was your overall impression on the car's condition? Thanks.

I did not had any negative impression about the car only the rims and maybe regular minor wear and tear issues. I am sure once they service it, it will be in much better condition. It is CPO so it should be in a near perfect condition. Congrats on your purchase!

Interesting to note two data points on ev-cpo: 1. The cheapest car is now an S60 in the $50s that has been available since 2015 and 2. The most recent cars added to the list are all inventory models at $100k+.

If you don't see anything you like or you have a limited budget, contact a CPO adviser. They have access to the "behind the curtain" cars that aren't on the website, so they are your best shot for finding a car that meets your needs if nothing on the site meets your needs. My budget was mid $40s, and the adviser I worked with, Brent, was able to find me a car I am thus far very happy with at what I think was a great price.

Reactions: kwjayhawk
My budget was mid $40s, and the adviser I worked with, Brent, was able to find me a car I am thus far very happy with at what I think was a great price.

My budget is the same ($45,000) - and I just sent another e-mail off to Brent. I'm not very confident in what he can do personally if no cars exist in my price range. Now it seems just a waiting game with no defined rules or direction other than.....Wait.

^ I was fortunate in that I first contacted Brent about 2 weeks before a new batch of cars came in. So luck in timing definitely plays a big part. Brent was super chill to work with, so I don't think he'll mind at all if you shoot him a quick email every couple of weeks just to check in. You definitely want to stay fresh in his mind so that when the right car comes along he remembers you.

My budget is the same ($45,000) - and I just sent another e-mail off to Brent. I'm not very confident in what he can do personally if no cars exist in my price range. Now it seems just a waiting game with no defined rules or direction other than.....Wait.

They just added a car today that is $47,000 with only 20k miles! My guess is that it will go very fast as they seem to disappear within a day or two.. Some of the other CPO's have been dropping in price too.

Thanks Erik

Capture.JPG

Data point for those waiting. Ended up taking delivery last Wednesday of a S60 CPO 52k miles in Buena Park with pano roof, air suspension, wood decor, tech, sound studio, leather. Price was 46.9k. 51k after CA tax and fees.

Got the formal quote the day before the CPO website went live and after the CPO website went the prices all seemed marked up so I asked them to honor the quote I had. IMO it wasnt an amazing deal but not horrible when amortized over 4+ years, hopefully a long time.

More information today. I always check in with Brent about 1 time per week, and today I he answered a question of mine that I've had for a while now.

He said that during the last month of each quarter, CPOs awaiting prep get bumped out of the service centers in favor of prioritizing new cars to meet delivery goals and make the quarterly financials look better. (I'm summarizing but you get the idea)

With that said....I'm starting to think I'm not going to see an s85 CPO in my price range until late July early August....which is exactly what I've been trying to avoid. Goodbye summer - you'd have been so much more enjoyable in a Tesla...

MUST READ:

If you are looking for a Tesla and do not see it on the Tesla Site, or EV-CPO.com, there is a reason for this. If Tesla has done any Internal Order work (bumper, paint, wheels, etc) or it has a Car Fax report, it will not show up on the Tesla Site, or EV-CPO.com. This means that there are hundreds of cars that Tesla has that they are repairing or replacing something on the car due to not meeting Tesla standards, or it has a CarFax report previously on the car.

Internal Order - work done by Tesla Service Center to fix or repair items that do not pass the Tesla inspection. Wheel rash, bumper scratch that can't be buffed out, replacement of seats due to excessive wear, etc. These cars will not show up on the CPO site/EV-CPO.com

Car Fax - Repairs done to a Tesla and was reported to Car Fax. This could be anything from someone backing into something, or other damage done to the car.

The ONLY cars that show up on the CPO site, are those that have NO Tesla Internal Order, or NO CarFax Report. This means that through out the US and Canada, there are hundreds of cars waiting to be sold, that ONLY a CPO Advisor can see.

Tesla does not want to be a shady used car company. If you want something, call your CPO Advisor, they have access to these cars, and would rather talk to you about the Internal Order, or Car Fax before you put down a deposit. They don't want to surprise you after you purchase the car with a Internal Order/Car Fax report. This is why they do not show up on the CPO/EV-CPO.com site.

Hope this is helpful for all those out there who want a Tesla CPO.

Cheers

Here is the car that I got by talking to a CPO Advisor. This car was not listed on the CPO site. See my previous post on why it would never show up.

2013 85 kWh Performance Model S
32,200 Miles
Red Multi-Coat Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
21" Grey Turbine Wheels
Black Performance Interior
Carbon Fiber Decor
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Supercharging
Dual/Twin Chargers
Tech Package
Active Air Suspension
Sound Studio Package
4yr/50,000 Mile Warranty
8yr/Unlimited Miles Battery/DriveTrain Warranty
1 Internal Order report for rear bumper replacement due to deep scratches that could not be buffed out.

Price before Tax/Title - $55,000

Internal Order - The car is located in NY and is being shipped to Chicago. I lived in Manhattan for 10 years, so I understand the whole issue with the rear bumper having to be replaced. This is a common issue with NY cars as people will bump your car just to get into a parallel parking space, no matter the size of your car or the parking space. Parking is at a premium, so your car will have a lot of scratches and dents on the bumpers. This did not bother me, therefore I purchased the car.

• Informative
Reactions: SD_Engnr and KJD