Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is the car that I got by talking to a CPO Advisor. This car was not listed on the CPO site. See my previous post on why it would never show up.

2013 85 kWh Performance Model S
32,200 Miles
Red Multi-Coat Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
21" Grey Turbine Wheels
Black Performance Interior
Carbon Fiber Decor
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Supercharging
Dual/Twin Chargers
Tech Package
Active Air Suspension
Sound Studio Package
4yr/50,000 Mile Warranty
8yr/Unlimited Miles Battery/DriveTrain Warranty
1 Internal Order report for rear bumper replacement due to deep scratches that could not be buffed out.

Price before Tax/Title - $55,000

Internal Order - The car is located in NY and is being shipped to Chicago. I lived in Manhattan for 10 years, so I understand the whole issue with the rear bumper having to be replaced. This is a common issue with NY cars as people will bump your car just to get into a parallel parking space, no matter the size of your car or the parking space. Parking is at a premium, so your car will have a lot of scratches and dents on the bumpers. This did not bother me, therefore I purchased the car.

What is your VIN if you don't mind me asking?

I've been offered a few CPO P85s in the 50s but all had Carfax issues. They are, however, generally loaded with original MSRPs over $100k. I know folks think the current crop is overpriced, but many have already seen 40%+ depreciation and it's not like the selection of used teslas is particularly great (or any cheaper from other dealers). The "anomaly" in pricing may have been the deals at the end of last year... Not now.

MUST READ:

If you are looking for a Tesla and do not see it on the Tesla Site, or EV-CPO.com, there is a reason for this. If Tesla has done any Internal Order work (bumper, paint, wheels, etc) or it has a Car Fax report, it will not show up on the Tesla Site, or EV-CPO.com. This means that there are hundreds of cars that Tesla has that they are repairing or replacing something on the car due to not meeting Tesla standards, or it has a CarFax report previously on the car.

Internal Order - work done by Tesla Service Center to fix or repair items that do not pass the Tesla inspection. Wheel rash, bumper scratch that can't be buffed out, replacement of seats due to excessive wear, etc. These cars will not show up on the CPO site/EV-CPO.com

Car Fax - Repairs done to a Tesla and was reported to Car Fax. This could be anything from someone backing into something, or other damage done to the car.

The ONLY cars that show up on the CPO site, are those that have NO Tesla Internal Order, or NO CarFax Report. This means that through out the US and Canada, there are hundreds of cars waiting to be sold, that ONLY a CPO Advisor can see.

Tesla does not want to be a shady used car company. If you want something, call your CPO Advisor, they have access to these cars, and would rather talk to you about the Internal Order, or Car Fax before you put down a deposit. They don't want to surprise you after you purchase the car with a Internal Order/Car Fax report. This is why they do not show up on the CPO/EV-CPO.com site.

Hope this is helpful for all those out there who want a Tesla CPO.

Cheers
Hello Buckeye,
I appreciate your insight and congratulations. Please post pics when you get your ride. Based on your post above, can you comment on why you think all the CPOs listed are currently 60s? I would assume that we would see a sampling of all models based on your Carfax and flawed cars not being listed and just the cleanest models being posted on the CPO page, but instead all we get are 60s. Surely Tesla has S85, P85 and P85+ models in inventory that are flawless. Why wouldn't they list those too?

Hello Buckeye,
I appreciate your insight and congratulations. Please post pics when you get your ride. Based on your post above, can you comment on why you think all the CPOs listed are currently 60s? I would assume that we would see a sampling of all models based on your Carfax and flawed cars not being listed and just the cleanest models being posted on the CPO page, but instead all we get are 60s. Surely Tesla has S85, P85 and P85+ models in inventory that are flawless. Why wouldn't they list those too?
I think they want to clear out the 60s. They are currently the least desireable model s and by now their range is probably really bad compared to others. Heck even the new bolt might surpass a used 60's range.

I think tesla is trying to clear out the 60s and when sept/nov comes around they will have the sale again and that is when they will list the 85s. Again their attempt to comtrol the value of their used cars.

Reactions: Drucifer
I think they want to clear out the 60s. They are currently the least desireable model s and by now their range is probably really bad compared to others. Heck even the new bolt might surpass a used 60's range.

I think tesla is trying to clear out the 60s and when sept/nov comes around they will have the sale again and that is when they will list the 85s. Again their attempt to comtrol the value of their used cars.
We share the same thought. Pent up CPO buyers snatch up the 60s and then as those vanish they release the 85s, so on and so forth. Buckeye's comments presented an alternative to this theory so I'm even more confused about Tesla's CPO strategy than ever.

Hello Buckeye,
The vast majority are currently S60 models but there are some S85 and S70D cars available: Tesla Inventory Search

The non S60 cars are often snatched up shortly after being listed.

I understand wanting to clear out the 60s, but is that worth the depreciation hit on the more desirable 85s just sitting there not listed for sale? I think a better strategy would be to list everything, and greatly discount the 60s to just move them out once and for all.

Take the one-time hit on the 60s to clear them out, then artificially inflate the used market price of the remaining 85s (if that's their apparent strategy, I don't know).

edit: Or in order to move out the 60s at their current price, offer a longer extended warranty or 8 years of service contract, or other low/no cost to Tesla perks to make them a little more desirable, without really increasing their true cost very much. How much does the 8 year service plan *really* cost Tesla Motors to perform?

Now that the new S60 and S60Ds are out, these CPO S60 are essentially way overpriced.

$66K and $71K for S60 and S60D barebone respectively NEW with full (8 years/unlimited miles warranty) and full capacity becasue it's really a 75KW battery which means you can always charge to 100% and not suffer battery degradation.
vs
$50K+ for optioned S60 with mileage limited warranty (8 years/125K miles from original date sold probably 2013 or 2014) with reduce range capacity.

Factor in state/federal tax credit and referrals for the NEW S60, you are looking at $55K and $60K for S60 an S60D. Even if I must pay for the extras like premium package and air suspension, it's still a better buy overall.

Hence reiterating what I have always said about the CPO S60. They are the least desirable of the packs and should now cost less than $40K.

Now that the new S60 and S60Ds are out, these CPO S60 are essentially way overpriced.

$66K and $71K for S60 and S60D barebone respectively NEW with full (8 years/unlimited miles warranty) and full capacity becasue it's really a 75KW battery which means you can always charge to 100% and not suffer battery degradation.
vs
$50K+ for optioned S60 with mileage limited warranty (8 years/125K miles from original date sold probably 2013 or 2014) with reduce range capacity.

Factor in state/federal tax credit and referrals for the NEW S60, you are looking at $55K and $60K for S60 an S60D. Even if I must pay for the extras like premium package and air suspension, it's still a better buy overall.

Hence reiterating what I have always said about the CPO S60. They are the least desirable of the packs and should now cost less than $40K.
I am in complete agreement. The new pricing is a great way to get into a new S with the potential to upgrade AP and battery capacity down the road. I'm really liking this and am seriously looking into changing my buying strategy. I'm only looking to upgrade: paint, pano roof and next gen seats. I'll add AP and unlock the 75 down the road, if ever. Now the CPO 60's are really a poor value at >$50K. Most of the options I see I don't care to,pay extra for (air suspension, dual chargers, upgraded sound, 21" rims etc). I live on the Central Coast of CA and have super chargers in all directions <85 miles and it only snows here once every 10,000 years plus I have a Ridgeline for snow, mud, hauling. Yes, I'm talking myself into buying new. That's the easy part, the wife is the problem.

• Funny
Reactions: Cowby and Bgarret
Drove to Atlanta this weekend to picked up my CPO 2012 performance signature red (00841). The car is simple beautiful ..... and greatly exceeded what I was expecting to received when I took that leap of faith by pressing the purchase online button three weeks ago. The vehicle was immaculately detailed and refurbished by the team in Atlanta and looks almost new inside and out. Had a leisurely drive home to North Florida on Sunday stopping at the Macon and Tifton charging stations along the way. Many thanks to the entire Decatur team for making this purchase such an enjoyable experience.

623B81BF-1279-4EE8-9459-56DDF2EAC1D9.jpg IMG_1835.JPG

Drove to Atlanta this weekend to picked up my CPO 2012 performance signature red (00841). The car is simple beautiful ..... and greatly exceeded what I was expecting to received when I took that leap of faith by pressing the purchase online button three weeks ago. The vehicle was immaculately detailed and refurbished by the team in Atlanta and looks almost new inside and out. Had a leisurely drive home to North Florida on Sunday stopping at the Macon and Tifton charging stations along the way. Many thanks to the entire Decatur team for making this purchase such an enjoyable experience.

View attachment 180574 View attachment 180575

Congrats again. I am glad they detailed the car. From the pictures, it looks like they put brand new wheels on it. I hope you will enjoy your ride. Looking forward to find a silver or white "P" soon.

Around this time last year, I was expecting to be able to buy an CPO 85D for around 65k and to my surprise they are no where to be found.

Unless some newer ones start being traded in for Model X, or because the owner wants the "new look" front end, you aren't going to see very many.

A lot of the X buyers are replacing another SUV in the household, not trading in their S, BTW.

Brent got me a car! He couldn't have contacted me at a better time.....I honestly have been having a really rough time recently. Work, Life, Stress....all of it eased off after getting a random e-mail from Brent listing the deal of a lifetime......wow. Totally cannot believe it...

I'm getting a Tesla.

Brent Seavey is an example of the person Tesla needs to continue to attract and retain as members of the company. He was understanding, patient and guided me through my search for the last several months.

He deals primarily in the Midwest and Texas...but that still didn't stop him from helping a random dude in Finger Lakes region NY.

Thank You Brent!

I'm welcoming myself to the longest 3-4 weeks of my life.

Brent got me a car! He couldn't have contacted me at a better time.....I honestly have been having a really rough time recently. Work, Life, Stress....all of it eased off after getting a random e-mail from Brent listing the deal of a lifetime......wow. Totally cannot believe it...

I'm getting a Tesla.

Brent Seavey is an example of the person Tesla needs to continue to attract and retain as members of the company. He was understanding, patient and guided me through my search for the last several months.

He deals primarily in the Midwest and Texas...but that still didn't stop him from helping a random dude in Finger Lakes region NY.

Thank You Brent!

I'm welcoming myself to the longest 3-4 weeks of my life.
If he told you 3-4 weeks, prepare yourself for a bit over a month- You can do it!