Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are prices on CPO cars or new inventory cars negotiable or potentially depend on who you talk to at Tesla? How complete or up to date is the inventory list on the Tesla website?
Non-negotiable but you can use the referral credit on inventory models.

What are you looking for exactly? At teslainventory.com, you can see there are currently 36 inventory models with discounts of $10000 or more. Currently there are over 160 with disccounts between $200 and $13600 off. The referral credit would shave another $1000 off inventory models but you'd have to give the code to your Owner Advisor since you can't use the referral link directly if you place the order for an inventory model online.

Tesla constantly updates the inventory listed on their site. They do have many CPO models which they don't have listed on their site.

New to this group since I am a soon-to-be Tesla Model S 85 (CPO) owner. :)

What has been the average time that you all have had to wait for a *local* CPO Tesla? I put my deposit down on 6/8 and they said that it would be done on the 24th... By the sounds of some of your posts on these forums - I should be adding a few weeks to this timeframe. Input / experiences?

Oh, and because it sounds like you guys like specs:

2013 Tesla Model S 85 / 31K miles / $52K

Blue (navy)
Tan interior
19" wheels
Obeche Gloss
Tech package
Pano glass roof
High Fidelity Sound

Attachments

• IMG_0181.JPG
    IMG_0181.JPG
    875.6 KB · Views: 75
Non-negotiable but you can use the referral credit on inventory models.

What are you looking for exactly? At teslainventory.com, you can see there are currently 36 inventory models with discounts of $10000 or more. Currently there are over 160 with disccounts between $200 and $13600 off. The referral credit would shave another $1000 off inventory models but you'd have to give the code to your Owner Advisor since you can't use the referral link directly if you place the order for an inventory model online.

Tesla constantly updates the inventory listed on their site. They do have many CPO models which they don't have listed on their site.

Really just exploring options right now. Generally considering custom order 60D/75D, new 70D or maybe CPO. I was aware that the referral was applicable on new inventory but was curious if additional discounts or negotiating was possible.

The teslainventory.com site is better for doing detailed searches than the Tesla site. Thanks for posting.

Here is my answer to some of the questions posed:

-My car comes with the 4 years 50K miles warranty CPO warranty like any other CPO. (58k is one of the highest CPOs I've heard of so my warranty aside form battery and drive unit will last till my car is at 108k miles....not bad in my opinion)

-The car VIN is in the in the early 10000s. (108** to be exact)

I'd like to see the running change log on Tesla Model S to see what my car has based on VIN....I know Tesla makes running changes and I'd just like to know what I'm missing in regards to other 2013 Models... Example: I don't think I have parking sensors.

Anybody know where a running change log is on the forum or online?

Ask your rep for the original Monroney sticker too. It won't show the contents of stuff like the tech package, but you'll see a lot of details. You will also see how the prices have gone up as the options will generally be less expense on the early cars.

2013 S85 Grey 58,932 miles

All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels
Black Nappa Leather Interior
Obeche Wood Gloss Decor
Supercharger Enabled
Tech Package
Smart Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound

$41300

I've been following CPOs ever since the start and I've never seen a deal like this.

It had a 'history' needing front bumper and hood repaired....but even still.....I have yet to even hear a rumor of one so affordable and so highly optioned.

Congrats! I hope your 3-4 weeks is on the shorter end of 3 weeks. I can only imagine your excitement. :)

I also fell into a great CPO from a Tesla CPO advisor - Tyler. He was amazingly patient and found the Tesla of my dreams. Now I have to wait for it to be delivered. It has been horrible...I feel like I am 'nesting' - garage prep, new wax, new towels.... hell, I even bought the Matchbox die cast model of my car It has officially become a sickness.

Considering the typical end of quarter delivery rush for new Tesla's, and how many times things slip through the cracks during said rush, I told my advisor I have no problem at all waiting to take delivery of my CPO until the first week of July. I'd rather they take the time to give it a proper CPO review before I get it.

Considering the typical end of quarter delivery rush for new Tesla's, and how many times things slip through the cracks during said rush, I told my advisor I have no problem at all waiting to take delivery of my CPO until the first week of July. I'd rather they take the time to give it a proper CPO review before I get it.

Agreed, but I wonder how much of it is truly 'taking their time to thoroughly inspect' and just taking...their...time....? This is my first time waiting on a used car so I guess my level of patience is lower than if I had ordered a new car. Granted this car is different than any other vehicle I have ever bought - so I guess I should adjust my expectations.

Just hoping that Tesla is different from typical dealerships / maintenance shops (1 week = 1 month).

And unfortunately my 'rush' is based off of excitement, and the fact that I travel for work. For me I either have to pick it up in June or not until August (I honestly wish there was an in-between).

Updates:

For those of you that are looking or waiting for specific options/color etc, note that per 2 Tesla CPO Advisors, "Tesla moves our inventory around to keep color/options mix in each region even". This means that a car that was in NY could be now in Chicago etc. They also stated that if the car is was purchased on the East Coast, that it will never go to the West Coast unless someone buys it. They tend to keep the East Coast cars on the East Coast/Midwest, and West Coast cars on the West Coast/Mountain areas, but they do move cars around.

Talk to your CPO Advisor as they can see cars from all over the USA.

That is great to hear.... I am only 1 week into waiting, but it feels like a month. Patience is a virtue...said no Tesla customer ever. ;)

Looks like we're in the same area! I put my deposit down on 5/6 and am finally taking delivery on Friday (6/17)! It has been quite the lengthy process, largely due to the battery needing replaced. I hope your wait is not as long as mine!

Looks like we're in the same area! I put my deposit down on 5/6 and am finally taking delivery on Friday (6/17)! It has been quite the lengthy process, largely due to the battery needing replaced. I hope your wait is not as long as mine!

UGH. I surely hope that isn't an issue with mine. Before I put my deposit down I told Tyler (Tyson's) I had a timeframe that I needed him to work with. Fingers crossed....

And congrats on your Friday pick up! Be sure to post photos!

Congrats! I hope your 3-4 weeks is on the shorter end of 3 weeks. I can only imagine your excitement. :)

Thanks - I feel like time is slowing down. This is worse than when I sent in for the StarFox wrist watch off a cereal box when I was a kid....6 weeks was an eternity back then. The only thing I have as consolation is that I have a lot of time sensitive tasks to complete at work in order to help the company reach a major milestone....and I need time to slow down....so perhaps this is for the best. :rolleyes:

It has been quite the lengthy process, largely due to the battery needing replaced. I hope your wait is not as long as mine!

I'd imagine your long wait is entirely related to the change out of the battery. Though I wouldn't want to extend my lead time...you may end up getting a much nicer setup if they give you a fresher or newer battery pack revision. So take comfort in the fact that the wait could end up being well worth it considering the new pack the put in.

Which credit institution are you guys using and what are the common rates nowadays? I am trying to get ready financially before my CPO adviser finds my Tesla.

None - I'm a chronic saver and conscious spender so I'll be buying outright. I might have financed if I bought new, but I didn't want anything in the way of making the purchase...I think it'll end up smoothing out the process doing a money wire for the full amount.

Now I have a question for everyone:

I've been on the MyTesla page and it's been guiding me through the purchase experience. I have all my personal information in there but the last remaining item is insurance. What kind of quotes are people getting on CPO insurance? The first one I got last night from my current insurance provider would increase my policy total by $198 for Liability only or $679 for full coverage both respectively on the Tesla.

I have a question for all of you who are purchasing your CPO's. Which credit institution are you guys using and what are the common rates nowadays? I am trying to get ready financially before my CPO adviser finds my Tesla. Thanks!

I was just going to go with Tesla's recommendation of Alliant @ 2.24% but someone else mentioned that Logix is offering 1.99% so have to look into that.

Now I have a question for everyone:

I've been on the MyTesla page and it's been guiding me through the purchase experience. I have all my personal information in there but the last remaining item is insurance. What kind of quotes are people getting on CPO insurance? The first one I got last night from my current insurance provider would increase my policy total by $198 for Liability only or $679 for full coverage both respectively on the Tesla.

I got quoted ~$824 for full coverage on my 2013 P85 CPO