Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks - I feel like time is slowing down. This is worse than when I sent in for the StarFox wrist watch off a cereal box when I was a kid....6 weeks was an eternity back then. The only thing I have as consolation is that I have a lot of time sensitive tasks to complete at work in order to help the company reach a major milestone....and I need time to slow down....so perhaps this is for the best. :rolleyes:

I'd imagine your long wait is entirely related to the change out of the battery. Though I wouldn't want to extend my lead time...you may end up getting a much nicer setup if they give you a fresher or newer battery pack revision. So take comfort in the fact that the wait could end up being well worth it considering the new pack the put in.

None - I'm a chronic saver and conscious spender so I'll be buying outright. I might have financed if I bought new, but I didn't want anything in the way of making the purchase...I think it'll end up smoothing out the process doing a money wire for the full amount.

Now I have a question for everyone:

I've been on the MyTesla page and it's been guiding me through the purchase experience. I have all my personal information in there but the last remaining item is insurance. What kind of quotes are people getting on CPO insurance? The first one I got last night from my current insurance provider would increase my policy total by $198 for Liability only or $679 for full coverage both respectively on the Tesla.

My insurance went up $840, but that is because I still have a Jeep, Harley, and an Audi on there. Selling the Audi and hopefully it will go down a bit.

I worked with Tyler when I ordered my CPO. I received it within 3 weeks. The car was shipped from NY.

Tyler was great! I am working with a guy named Nicholas for my delivery. He has been great as well. Just sent him a message asking what type of revamps my CPO will need to have done before I can take ownership (if he has that information). This could give me a slightly better idea as to whether or not the timeframe will (or won't) be met. Paint/interior - on time, major battery issues - probably going to have to wait longer/go insane.

After months of searching, I finally ordered a CPO P85:

2013 P85
$49,900 + $750 ship
47k miles
Solid Black
Black performance leather
Rear facing seats
Sound
Smart air
Tech
21” grey turbines
Carbon fiber décor
Carbon fiber spoiler
Paint Armor
Parcel Shelf

Basically it had every option I wanted except for a pano roof. I hope I don't regret that decision. The RFS are a bonus, but not sure if they will ever get used. The price was right on this one and it's a clean Carfax California car. Now the clock starts for its delivery to me in Seattle!

2013 P85
$49,900 + $750 ship
47k miles
Solid Black
Rear facing seats
Sound
Smart air
Tech
21” grey turbines
Carbon fiber décor
Carbon fiber spoiler
Paint Armor
Parcel Shelf

Basically it had every option I wanted except for a pano roof. I hope I don't regret that decision. The RFS are a bonus, but not sure if they will ever get used. The price was right on this one and it's a clean Carfax California car. Now the clock starts for its delivery to me in Seattle!

That's a sweet deal right there and close so shipping is decent too.

If you're never going to use them, you can remove them and reclaim all that space where they store. You can also sell them to other folks who might want the RFS for between $1500 and $2500. But there are some caveats with that for the buyer.

That's good advice Hank. Maybe I'll do that if someone in the Seattle area is looking to add rear facing seats to their S. What VIN range can take the seats?

Also, thanks for building such a great CPO site, I have really enjoyed using it.

Well done. That is a lot of car for that price. What was your approximate serial number?

VIN is P085XX

2013 P85
$49,900 + $750 ship
47k miles
Solid Black
Rear facing seats
Sound
Smart air
Tech
21” grey turbines
Carbon fiber décor
Carbon fiber spoiler
Paint Armor
Parcel Shelf

That is a great deal! I paid $4K more just a few weeks prior (still waiting) for a pretty similar config / close VIN but I didn't get RFS, Paint Armor, or Parcel Shelf. :-( I did get Green Metallic though. :)

Did you pick this off the CPO site or through an advisor? Also did you get parking sensors?

Thanks - I feel like time is slowing down. This is worse than when I sent in for the StarFox wrist watch off a cereal box when I was a kid....6 weeks was an eternity back then. The only thing I have as consolation is that I have a lot of time sensitive tasks to complete at work in order to help the company reach a major milestone....and I need time to slow down....so perhaps this is for the best. :rolleyes:

Ahhh...just got a date for pick up: 6/27. Not sure if that will stick, but I am going with it for now.

...still seems like forever....

T-12 days.

Reactions: Bgarret

2013 P85
$49,900 + $750 ship
47k miles
Solid Black
Rear facing seats
Sound
Smart air
Tech
21” grey turbines
Carbon fiber décor
Carbon fiber spoiler
Paint Armor
Parcel Shelf

Congrats. Nice Deal ! You are going to love it.

I picked up mine today ...placed the deposit on Sat. Wife said it's nicer than the Masi, bonus that she likes it.

Reactions: SmartElectric
Which credit institution are you guys using and what are the common rates nowadays?

I used DCU.org for 1.49% for 65 months.

None - I'm a chronic saver and conscious spender so I'll be buying outright. I might have financed if I bought new, but I didn't want anything in the way of making the purchase...I think it'll end up smoothing out the process doing a money wire for the full amount.

It would have cost me more to in capital gains taxes to buy it outright than the financing is costing me.

Reactions: Drucifer