Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else get barraged with Tesla doubters while waiting for their car? I'm not saying I am getting cold feet but getting sent a million questionable links about any negative Tesla news story (which there are apparently a billion of) is starting to get to me.

Oh, my future Tesla. I won't give up on you.

I am confused how this would even happen. To my knowledge, Tesla doesn't sell/share our contact info with anyone else and buying the car is still a private function, unlike buying a house. I guess getting the title issued may be a public record as I recall in my ICE days I would get "warranty extension" offers, but I didn't get anything about my S.

To me it sounded like friends(?), co-workers, relatives, social media, etc.

Ahhh. Well then, can't do anything about poor taste in friends! ;)

For me, I didn't tell anyone except my girlfriend. When I got it, even the motorhead in my circle of friends gave me props. The one guy who owns a dealership was honestly excited for me and wanted to drive it. But like many things in life, YMMV in how others behave.

I haven't had much for negative comments so far. Almost nobody knows about Tesla where I'm at, so the more they ask questions and the more I answer they all seem to be impressed and even more interested in the company.
I feel like Tesla's unspoken business model is "make a car so damn good you don't need to advertise, and every owner will be a free outside sales rep for the company". They seem to be nailing it so far.

Going through this right now , probably have couple of weeks to delivery
To me it sounded like friends(?), co-workers, relatives, social media, etc.

Hahaha exactly, friends and family who don't trust them battery powered new fangled machines. My mom is mystified as to what happens when you run out of charge despite my explanation of how very widespread this novel stuff called 'electricity' has become, and the crazy technology used---a plug.

You can pick your friends but not your family. They're a bunch of luddites with the exception of my husband who just wants to hear me shut up about Teslas already.

You can pick your friends but not your family. They're a bunch of luddites

Yup.. I know the feeling -- my step-mother's boyfriend (long story) is a white, racist, tea-party, gun nut.. and every time he tries to convince me that electric cars are "just a fad" and they'll never be better than ICE based cars. They won't exist in 10 years. That the "cost per mile" is always greater over ICE. Then he tries to tell me how much *more* pollution they create over ICEs, and how bad LIon batteries are for the environment (like he's EVER cared about the environment before). He's an old fart and you'll never convince him of anything other than what he thinks it right. It's so bad that when I go to visit, we (both of them) have really nothing to talk about because their political views are so polarizing and intolerant. Last time, when we were done talking about EVs, he throws out "how about that Hobby Lobby decision"... ugh, I just ignored him on that one.

Hey, do CPO cars, typically have "destination fees" like new cars do? I know they having shipping (which is actually a form of "destination" fee itself). Any other fees for those that have purchased CPO cars?

Going fast... The 2013 P85+ grey metallic (VIN P18122) for $57,600 seemed like a pretty good deal given that it was so loaded. The only downside was that it didn't have parking sensors / folding mirrors.

The first sub $40K Model S since December 2015:
60 kWh Model S P09709 | Tesla Motors

60 kWh Model S
49,456 miles
P09709
Located in New York
Black on Tan Leather
Includes Tech package.

It will probably be sold by the time I hit post.
What was the actual price? I know sub 40 but by how much. Really interesting watching CPO prices drop and private sellers still holding out for top dollar. Doesn't make sense...refurbishment and warranty are deal makers over "better than new...." Claims on Craigslist sellers.

What was the actual price? I know sub 40 but by how much. Really interesting watching CPO prices drop and private sellers still holding out for top dollar. Doesn't make sense...refurbishment and warranty are deal makers over "better than new...." Claims on Craigslist sellers.
$39,000 and change...S85 and P85 are dropping as well to lower 50's . That's a good thing :p . And yes i am curious too about sales in private sector including dealers setting prices well above $60k.

I thought this one was a pretty good deal, although not CPO-- we went out to Fort Wayne to test drive it back on mothers day but it was listed higher--ironically they dropped it to right about the price we offered. It's in good shape and drove like a dream when we went but we couldn't agree on a price, and although they say one owner, it looks like there was one private owner and before that it was a rental. They don't know much about Teslas there but there are some seriously cool cars on their lot. You'd probably have to figure out yourself if other options are on it (i.e. subzero, etc).

2014 Tesla Model S 85
  • Sale Price:$60,495.00
  • Mileage:20,602
  • Body style:Rear-Wheel Drive Sedan
  • Ext. Color:BLACK
  • Engine:Electric
  • Transmission:Automatic
Clean One-Owner CarFax Report! -Tech Package -Bluetooth -Navigation

Tech Package

2014 Tesla Model S 85 | SweetCars.com