Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great write-up. I test drove the new Volt (had a first gen Volt for a 3 year lease - great car) in the Spring and also test drove the A3 E-tron. The second gen volt is great, but it ended up feeling very similar in the drive to my gen 1. As a "car guy" it just wasn't doing it for me (sadly, as it is probably the best all around electric in many respects). I actually did like the way the A3 E-tron rode and drove, but at the end of the day its tech compared relatively poorly to the Volt (not that important), and I just kept coming back to the "16 miles of range" which put it in the "why bother getting electric?" category.

Honestly, if the A3 E-tron had 25 or 30 miles of range, I probably would have been driving one now (or at least waiting for the refreshed 2017 virtual cockpit). Waiting for the new Volt (courtesy of GM's delayed introduction of the 2017 to middle America) opened the door to getting to test drive the E-tron and, of course, waiting to see if the "right" CPO Tesla would come along.

Our options for vehicles are limited to wagons or hatches so our extra large dog can fit. The new Volt is too high in the back for him to climb in, but the E-Tron would have worked. I've ordered the dog protector from EVannex so I'm excited to get him in the car...should be fun. He's 39" at the shoulders :)

Got some Huper Optik 30% on the sides and rear, and 60% on the front today.

Tesla-2.jpg

Reactions: Fiver
Our options for vehicles are limited to wagons or hatches so our extra large dog can fit. The new Volt is too high in the back for him to climb in, but the E-Tron would have worked. I've ordered the dog protector from EVannex so I'm excited to get him in the car...should be fun. He's 39" at the shoulders :)

Got some Huper Optik 30% on the sides and rear, and 60% on the front today.

Tesla-2.jpg
Do you mind me asking where you got the tint and the price? Were you happy with the job? I'm going to get my CPO tinted as soon as it's ready.

I think he meant the miles on the odometer not an issue with the actual odometer

Exactly what I meant :) Hard to pretend it's not used when it says 43k up there. Yes, in three days I have already added over 600 miles. I plan to DRIVE this thing.

The car is so fast it's surreal. The acceleration feels like you're in a roller coaster or wearing a jet pack or something. I remember trying the accelerator on my test drives but OMG. And this isn't even a performance model.

How do you track model X VIN assignmend numbers?

In a spreadsheet ! :)

Basically, based on the highest reported number in a month, compared month to month and then Qtr to Qtr. I have 3650 through today for MX vin assignments in July. Looks like Q2 averaged about 2500/month, with June being 3680 and July looking about the same. However the only thing I see now is that Vins are being assigned almost immediately after confirmation. We now have to see if the rate continues at the 1000/wk or slows up a bit due to pacing along with incoming orders. June and July MX Vins were the highest per-month so far but now we need to see if the X60D will help keep the orders coming in at a good rate. Some people play fantasy football and waste their time. Others Pokemon Go.
I do this.

Last edited:
In a spreadsheet ! :)

Basically, based on the highest reported number in a month, compared month to month and then Qtr to Qtr. I have 3650 through today for MX vin assignments in July. Looks like Q2 averaged about 2500/month, with June being 3680 and July looking about the same. However the only thing I see now is that Vins are being assigned almost immediately after confirmation. We now have to see if the rate continues at the 1000/wk or slows up a bit due to pacing along with incoming orders. June and July MX Vins were the highest per-month so far but now we need to see if the X60D will help keep the orders coming in at a good rate. Some people play fantasy football and waste their time. Others Pokemon Go.
I do this.

It's a legit hobby :)