Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a Sig, the Sigs always go for much more than "comparable" model year cars. I'm sure he can tell you more, but they are essentially built by hand, babied, etc. Not quite to the level of a Founder Series, but think collectors item.

What do you think the difference between Sigs and Founders are?, I am not aware that there is any difference.

The good thing about Sig's and Founders is that they are hand built.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
The earliest models were hand built to some extent. Certainly 88 that Doug is selling was far more put together by hand then the Sig's you see with vins near 1000. The farther along the VIN, the more automated the build was.

Sig Red is still hands down the best color for a Model S though.

Reactions: golfnut
It's a Sig, the Sigs always go for much more than "comparable" model year cars. I'm sure he can tell you more, but they are essentially built by hand, babied, etc. Not quite to the level of a Founder Series, but think collectors item.
Still it doesnt justify the price. It has been lower for signature series cars cpo. 2012 cars should cost lower because of all the issues with early build.

2016 Signature Red Tesla CPO sales and prices.

Prices are slowly dropping.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 8.46.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 8.46.08 PM.png
    114.4 KB · Views: 65
Then don't buy it. He listed it at a price he thinks it is worth, you disagree. I'm betting no matter what you say neither of you changed your mind
I think it is more like he doesn't need to sell right now, and less of what he think it is worth. Trust me if he needs to sell now , I can assure it's going to be lower that 60K. Again I am not saying it is wrong with posting something you don't intent to sell.

I am not sure what it is you are trying to say because you are not making any sense.
I think he is saying something along the lines of you putting out a 'Make me move' price on Zillow. You aren't actively selling the house but if someone comes and offers you $x (usually more than the house is really worth) then you'll sell. At this point I would just ignore it/him. Good luck on selling your car, it is beautiful.

I think he is saying something along the lines of you putting out a 'Make me move' price on Zillow. You aren't actively selling the house but if someone comes and offers you $x (usually more than the house is really worth) then you'll sell. At this point I would just ignore it/him. Good luck on selling your car, it is beautiful.

Gotcha, thanks for the clearing that up for me LOL.

It's mine... alllll mineee....

Will write more when I get home but pickyp in Devon was even smoother than it should have been. The staff (Bryan in particular) was amazing. The green is far far prettier in person than in pictures. The car is a minimalist dream.

In fact, looking at it I switched from all the cutsey EV car names I had been considering to Byron (as in the poet).... although I am still tossing around a few sci fi names.

Car seems to be in phenomenal condition, chrome handles have some scratches and frunk hood has some road nicks but I am going to get the touch up paint locally and see what I can do to protect it further. Will start paying attention to battery range today. Our hotel has two Tesla wall chargers!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    520.4 KB · Views: 61
It's mine... alllll mineee....

Will write more when I get home but pickyp in Devon was even smoother than it should have been. The staff (Bryan in particular) was amazing. The green is far far prettier in person than in pictures. The car is a minimalist dream.

In fact, looking at it I switched from all the cutsey EV car names I had been considering to Byron (as in the poet).... although I am still tossing around a few sci fi names.

Car seems to be in phenomenal condition, chrome handles have some scratches and frunk hood has some road nicks but I am going to get the touch up paint locally and see what I can do to protect it further. Will start paying attention to battery range today. Our hotel has two Tesla wall chargers!

@Tucker48,

Congrats!!! Looks in Phenominal shape.....super clean.....Enjoy it! :)

Ski

• Love
Reactions: Tucker48
We've made it to Harrisburg PA... so far learning curve items have been the cruise control, remembering how to use the remote (two clicks for unlock) and figuring out how to unplug the supercharger plug (unlock the car).

Grabbed lunch in Allentown, enjoying a Starbucks Granita here in Harrisburg. Charging is a pleasure so far, and the superchargers are ridiculously easy to use. I honestly would not even realize the car was used if it weren't for the few frunk nicks, the handle scratches and the odometer.

IN. LOVE.

So essentially--as I mentioned before, we prettraded my BMW at our local tesla in Ohio. My dad and I road tripped to PA, a little over 6 hrs from home to get the car. I checked it out and accepted delivery, signed the purchase agreement and we faxed it to my bank. My banker said great, tomorrow or the next day when we have final approval we can have you sign the loan paperwork.

Whhaaaattt? This is after I had explained the plan about 20x to everyone involved to make sure it would work.

Tesla seemed really reasonable, they would release the car when they had verifications the funds were coming.

Soooo anyway, realizing it sounded like I was going to have to go home empty handed (having taken two days off work) and take delivery in OH after all, and with panic rising, I handed Bryan the Tesla guy the phone. He spoke to my banker. I don't know what they said, but I am rolling home in my green Tesla to Cleveland.

I was just astonished by the customer service, his level head, and how he didn't make me feel like an idiot for the confusion--in fact, although it was the first time I'd talked to him (not sure why but my original DS was unavailable) he referenced how he knew I had done everything I could to stay on top of and coordinate a complicated transaction. I went from feeling like the whole trip had been a waste to overjoyed again with my new investment.

Excited to be a part of the Tesla family :)

Also I got a little swag :) Sounds like everyone's is different so I'm not posting what I got. It was NOT a leather moto jacket, SIGH.

We've made it to Harrisburg PA... so far learning curve items have been the cruise control, remembering how to use the remote (two clicks for unlock) and figuring out how to unplug the supercharger plug (unlock the car).

Grabbed lunch in Allentown, enjoying a Starbucks Granita here in Harrisburg. Charging is a pleasure so far, and the superchargers are ridiculously easy to use. I honestly would not even realize the car was used if it weren't for the few frunk nicks, the handle scratches and the odometer.

IN. LOVE.

So essentially--as I mentioned before, we prettraded my BMW at our local tesla in Ohio. My dad and I road tripped to PA, a little over 6 hrs from home to get the car. I checked it out and accepted delivery, signed the purchase agreement and we faxed it to my bank. My banker said great, tomorrow or the next day when we have final approval we can have you sign the loan paperwork.

Whhaaaattt? This is after I had explained the plan about 20x to everyone involved to make sure it would work.

Tesla seemed really reasonable, they would release the car when they had verifications the funds were coming.

Soooo anyway, realizing it sounded like I was going to have to go home empty handed (having taken two days off work) and take delivery in OH after all, and with panic rising, I handed Bryan the Tesla guy the phone. He spoke to my banker. I don't know what they said, but I am rolling home in my green Tesla to Cleveland.

I was just astonished by the customer service, his level head, and how he didn't make me feel like an idiot for the confusion--in fact, although it was the first time I'd talked to him (not sure why but my original DS was unavailable) he referenced how he knew I had done everything I could to stay on top of and coordinate a complicated transaction. I went from feeling like the whole trip had been a waste to overjoyed again with my new investment.

Excited to be a part of the Tesla family :)

Also I got a little swag :) Sounds like everyone's is different so I'm not posting what I got. It was NOT a leather moto jacket, SIGH.

@Tucker48,

Love this story! Can't wait for mine and to do a similar write up. Enjoy your new ride! It's not just a Car, it's a new member of the family. :)

(What was with the odometer?)

Ski

• Love
Reactions: Tucker48