Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've only been looking into it for 15 minutes! Yes, there were two P85+s that came over just as "badge_85" instead of "badge_P85p", and I've corrected them in the database already. I'll add some code later to correct this if it happens in the future.

If anyone sees any discrepancies like this in the future, please let me know (with VINs or links) so I can diagnose the issue and promptly correct the database. Thanks.
I'm curious if you are scraping and parsing the html on the T website to get the data or using some sort of data feed that we mere mortals don't have access to?

Have you considered adding a column for the lease amount on inventory vehicles?

Yes, I have already started added some code for that, but there isn't much room for another column. I might have to find some creative way to display lease rates. Also, Tesla displays two lease rates -- one with the referral credit, and another without. Could lead to confusion among users, and I don't want to be liable for "advertising" a particular lease rate that someone can't actually get.

Yes, I have already started added some code for that, but there isn't much room for another column. I might have to find some creative way to display lease rates. Also, Tesla displays two lease rates -- one with the referral credit, and another without. Could lead to confusion among users, and I don't want to be liable for "advertising" a particular lease rate that someone can't actually get.
In regards to freeing up some space to add a sortable column for lease values, I have an idea... I travel frequently and when my team and I communicate on travel we don't use city names like Los Angeles, Seattle, New York. Instead, we use airport codes. So a flight from San Diego with a layover in Los Angeles and on to Dallas would be: SAN - LAX - DFW. Since every major city has an airport and a three letter airport code that might be helpful and practical. Sure, New York might be tough with EWR, LGA and JFK all in the same area but folks here are pretty sophisticated and could figure out any of those codes you elected to use is the New York area... This would also work internationally too. That'd free up another space to add a 10K/year 36mo the lease rate column which appears to be the default.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think that would make the page pretty user-unfriendly! Not everyone knows all airport codes. I travel quite a bit, and I wouldn't know that BOS means "New England" or even what the codes are for Seattle, Atlanta, or Cleveland (I never go to these places). And what would I use for "Florida" or "Pennsylvania"? PHL is a long way from PIT.

Uh, yeah, I wouldn't like airport codes. Abbreviating city names or color columns might work better saving space, or even better, add tooltip popups to show full text over the abbreviations when hovering.

A few more ideas:
- Use a smaller font, and normal weight instead of bold (why is the font bold at all everywhere?)
- Remove the time from date field, but put it under a tooltip that shows up when you hover over the date, but still allow sorting by date AND time when sorted by that column. Time info is only useful for sorting, and for very recently added cars.
- If your code library allows, use selectable columns to turn them on and off as needed.

GREAT tool overall, and I can appreciate the effort creating and maintaining it as I have done web and database programming for many years.

When setting up the site, I played for hours with fonts and sizes, and when it's not bold, I found actually harder to read.

But I just bumped the font down one point and removed the bolding. So you folks be the judge -- better?

I think it looks good. Out of curiosity, what's the min resolution you're trying to support without horizontal scrolling? I noticed you changed the date format as well. What about changing Year from 2013 to 13?

I think it looks good. Out of curiosity, what's the min resolution you're trying to support without horizontal scrolling? I noticed you changed the date format as well. What about changing Year from 2013 to 13?

There's no minimum I'm reaching for.. I just want it to be readable/usable for most people. I think the year column is good at 4 digits, I think that's how people want to refer to it ('2012'), as opposed to just '12'.

thanks.

edit: It's pretty usable on my old old Dell notebook with 1280x800 resolution. I think most screens (other than tablets) are at least that wide. And even at 1024 it almost fits (the add time scrolls off).

On the Tesla Preowned page, they list lots of cars for "any" location, and many of those have no actual location listed, but EV-CPO.com picks them up anyway. Just so happens the last batch they added had no location attribute, so that's what you see. There still are lots of cars in the other locations. It's just what happened most recently.

When setting up the site, I played for hours with fonts and sizes, and when it's not bold, I found actually harder to read.

But I just bumped the font down one point and removed the bolding. So you folks be the judge -- better?

@HankLloydRight,

No! Hank....I agree with you....just logged on and I thought 'what happened'!!! I CANT read the listings easily now.....it is considerably more difficult to read and I have to struggle and concentrate and strain to parse out the listings now. It was WAY easier to read it when it was all BOLD. PLEASE change the listings back to the original display....not happy.

Update: So I just looked at it again and I believe I figured out what I don't like. With the text not being bold all the letters and numbers actually 'blend' into the background making them almost invisible......when they were bold the alpha-numerics actually 'popped' and leapt off the page at you making them more easily discernible without the feeling that you're looking for a needle in a haystack.

Ski

Last edited:
@HankLloydRight,

No! Hank....I agree with you....just logged on and I thought 'what happened'!!! I CANT read the listings easily now.....it is considerably more difficult to read and I have to struggle and concentrate and strain to parse out the listings now. It was WAY easier to read it when it was all BOLD. PLEASE change the listings back to the original display....not happy.

Update: So I just looked at it again and I believe I figured out what I don't like. With the text not being bold all the letters and numbers actually 'blend' into the background making them almost invisible......when they were bold the alpha-numerics actually 'popped' and leapt off the page at you making them more easily discernible without the feeling that you're looking for a needle in a haystack.

Ski

Ok, thanks for the detailed feedback. I changed it back to bold, but I left the font at 9pts instead of 10.

4-digit years worked much better. The 2-digit years currently there are confusing to read, and they don't sort properly. The yyyy-mm-dd worked great. Not sure if the time is that useful though.

I agree that the 4 digit year looked better, but the sorting still did work correctly with just a two-digit year. I put it back to 4 digits, but removed the "minutes" from the time, so it's just hour+am/pm. I think that's a slight improvement.

@HankLloydRight,

Much better... :) I think that 'May' be the 'sweet spot' where it is now. Looks like you made the alpha-numeric slightly bolder without going all the way back to the original bold? I preferred the full bold however I guess it's a happy medium. MUCH easier to read now. Don't have to literally stare and study the text now To figure out what you're reading, that's a Plus! Noticed you also changed from a 24 hr clock to a 12 hour. I had no issue with the 24 hour but this is easier to read as a 12 at 'just a glance'. Kudos! Well done.

Ski