Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm glad it worked out for you @D.dub

My car has been into service maybe 5 or 6 more times since the major problems early on (so maybe 14-15 times total in the past 15 months). I did at one point mention that if they wanted to take it back, I would just take a new one on the spot. They didn't go for that, though it was not a day or two after like in your case. I know they have spent a ton of money on my car in warranty repairs and I've again been emailing them things to build a list of repairs for the next time I drop off the car. It's good they are doing a better job when realizing they have some bad cars make it into the CPO program.

I have to admit that the out of pocket repair and Tesla refusing to disclose the service history of my car really still leave a bad taste in my mouth. I still hold out hope someday they will change their stance on one of both of these. I've otherwise had good experience, even though my car has been in service extensively.

Are you saying they don't disclose prior service history on CPOs? I was under the impression that they would disclose after you take ownership.

I was pretty dumbfounded at how good the lease rates were on a few of the P90D's that I grabbed a screenshot a few weeks back. This fully loaded P90D was leasing for about the same as a mostly stripped 60D. I think I understand the reason. With a lease you are basically paying for the depreciation of the car you are leasing over a given period assuming the car's mileage etc. To lease a new P90D you would pay for (just an example so,-lease don't go getting all "spreadsheet" on me) the depreciation from new ($130K) to what it'll be worth at the end of 3 years with 30K Miles on it (assuming $70k). So, your lease payment is the depreciation value of $50K/36 payments or about $1800/month. Since Tesla has already reduced the purchase value down to $103K the residual value is still about the same $70K so you are only on the hook for the difference of $103K to $70K or $33K/36 months = $916. Again, I am using general numbers here to,illustrate my point only. For those considering a lease I think these make for an amazing deal I saw a Pearl White P85D with Ludicrous that was just a few $$/month more that vanished before I could even get a screen shot. View attachment 189989

That's pretty much it. It dropped another $500 after that and bundled with the $1000 referral, it was a smoking deal!!!!

How do I know?!? That exact car is in my garage. LOL!! Oh and added bonus, it had the center console in it already which wasn't listed in the spec sheet.

Picked up yesterday and love every bit of it thus far.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    532.5 KB · Views: 64
If you look closely, at least from the recent activity, there are only a few people posting of issues (most of the posts are replies, updates on the issues, duplicate postings, etc.).
I am sure others are having issues but are more muted about it. I have been following this thread since its inception. Sure there might be only a few but I don't want to be that person. With a new car, there are leway, I.e. lemon law and such to pursue as oppose to be at the mercy of Tesla whether to qualify for a trade or not.

My CPO arrived today, from Fremont (where I've been hearing some of the CPO issues originating). Mine is nearly flawless.
The biggest problem I've noticed is they gave me 2 Nema 6-15 charging adapters instead of an adapter for a regular wall outlet.
I looked over the front end and couldn't find a single rock chip (and it has 42,000 miles on it). The interior looks brand new. One of my friends even asked me, "how can you be sure the car will be in perfect shape without seeing it". All I could say is you really don't know you just have to trust the Tesla will do a great job getting it ready.

I wouldn't be nervous at all about the CPO program. The few people who do have issues are much more likely to post about it then those who don't. I've been lurking on these forums for hours a day for the last 2 months. But now that my car is here my urge to read up on it is nearly gone, because I can finally go out and drive it!

Is that why no posts lately? CPO deliveries and people are out driving?

With the recent plethora of listings, is anyone still getting offers from their CPO Advisor? Or have they gone silent?

They've been silent for a while now. Heck, I can't even get the OA at my nearby store to help me out with the "local" CPO inventory. She reeeeaallly wants me to buy new, even if it's just a 60. This, in spite of me telling her that I'm looking for a loaded P85+...

Been silent for a while now. I think Tesla is pushing people to buy new. It pushes numbers up before the quarterly report. Last quarter it was lower than expected and some people are speculating demand is weakening in the US and might not be enough to have Tesla produce 100K model s this year. We will have to see if over seas demand can make up for the waning US demand.

Wow hearing all these bad news about the cpo is really steering me towards a new car instead.

No regrets on my CPO. Any issues noted during delivery were taken care of a few weeks later at my convenience with a loaner S provided.

At delivery the service manager pulled up the history on his computer and assured me the car had no major issues and was still running the original drivetrain at 46k miles.

Well, if we look at some hidden cars on EV-CPO.com, there are some pretty good deals.

S85, green+Tan, Pano, SAS, twin chargers, Tech, Hi-fi, supercharging, 41k miles: $44,750

85 kWh Model S 5YJSA1DN3CFP01669 | Tesla

Also as we speak Tesla is swapping out a lot of inventory. Removing and relisting cars again. Lots of stock rotation.

@HankLloydRight,

That's a great deal if you like green. What's the difference between the 'Hidden CPO Tab' cars and the regular 'US CPO/Pre-Owned Tab'?

Ski

That's a great deal if you like green. What's the difference between the 'Hidden CPO Tab' cars and the regular 'US CPO/Pre-Owned Tab'?

Hidden cars are cars that are not listed anywhere on the Tesla Preowned or Inventory pages, but still have a live detail page and a "Buy Now" button. It's experimental because we don't actually know the status of these cars, but at least one person has successfully bought a hidden CPO in the past.

• Informative
Reactions: Skione65
Well, if we look at some hidden cars on EV-CPO.com, there are some pretty good deals.

S85, green+Tan, Pano, SAS, twin chargers, Tech, Hi-fi, supercharging, 41k miles: $44,750

85 kWh Model S 5YJSA1DN3CFP01669 | Tesla

Also as we speak Tesla is swapping out a lot of inventory. Removing and relisting cars again. Lots of stock rotation.

Hidden how? EVCPO and Tesla Inventory Search are not listing this, nor is it listed in Tesla CPO page either under New England. How many other hidden ones are out there? How can these be searched?