Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Their BEV future exists with a lot of other small Japanese manufacturers - in partnership with Toyota.
If these other manufacturers throw in their lot with the likes of Toyota then I don't like their chances. Toyota lobbies governments to slow down EV adoption while it pushes its doomed hydrogen strategy and spends huge amounts on greenwash advertising campaigns.

If these other manufacturers throw in their lot with the likes of Toyota then I don't like their chances. Toyota lobbies governments to slow down EV adoption while it pushes its doomed hydrogen strategy and spends huge amounts on greenwash advertising campaigns.

If this is true, then one can wonder what is wrong with the Japanese car industry? I don't know what's most concerning?
- Toyota trying to overthrow the US president? When they fail, they try to stop his policies?
- Nissan CEO is put in jail and flees the country in a box and lives in exile?
- Mazda creates a car with suicidal doors where you have to fold the front seats to actually commit suicide by hanging onto the half door when it springs open?

I always said that CEOs have been gifted with the most narcissistic personalities combined with a flare of psycophatic behaviour disorder.
Bad taste seems seems to be something we can add to that as well now.

"I always said..." What even is that? An unfortunate sweeping generalization.. Now, about the model Y..... :)
Lol.
No... No... not a generalization. Check the literature. CEOs are over-represented by far having these and many other mental and behavioural diagnoses.
It is quite an interesting reading actually. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. :oops:
Now, about the Model Y... The longer Tesla waits releasing this car to Australia, the longer the thread becomes with off-topic comments. There is a lot of days to cover until Q4 2022 ;)

If this is true, then one can wonder what is wrong with the Japanese car industry? I don't know what's most concerning?
- Toyota trying to overthrow the US president? When they fail, they try to stop his policies?
- Nissan CEO is put in jail and flees the country in a box and lives in exile?
- Mazda creates a car with suicidal doors where you have to fold the front seats to actually commit suicide by hanging onto the half door when it springs open?

I always said that CEOs have been gifted with the most narcissistic personalities combined with a flare of psycophatic behaviour disorder.
Bad taste seems seems to be something we can add to that as well now.
I think you can add tesla ceo escapes to Mars at some point ‘tesla soon’ (only early adopters may understand tesla soon)

Lol.
No... No... not a generalization. Check the literature. CEOs are over-represented by far having these and many other mental and behavioural diagnoses.
It is quite an interesting reading actually. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. :oops:
Now, about the Model Y... The longer Tesla waits releasing this car to Australia, the longer the thread becomes with off-topic comments. There is a lot of days to cover until Q4 2022 ;)
You’ve clearly been mixing with the wrong ceo’s

Last edited:
The blinking disbelief at what Mazda has done with the MX-30 continues on in Electrek:

Mazda has only allocated 560 of these for the USA, and only in California!

I mean, is anyone in Mazda actually embarassed about this?

X-mas comes early this year. Ordered Ioniq 5 as I need an SUV. I'll get it November. THIS year.

Maybe you guys get lucky and you get your Model Y before Christmas - NEXT year. At least by the look of things in China...I heard they have a shortage of electricity... Apparently Australian coal is no good 😂

Rather have a car in a month than empty promises of "stay tuned". Had Tesla said February, I would have waited, but this total disinterest in Australia and not keeping people informed doesn't make me want to buy into the hype of a one-car company.

Besides, I feel better knowing my Hyundai will NOT be Chinese built, but will be assembled in Korea. Give or take a few Chinese parts...

I tried placing a second Ioniq order but the web page is down. I guess there is a huge interest in SUVs...sorry Model 3. Not interested.

Sorry Tesla, maybe I'll see you in three years when it's time to upgrade cars. Or maybe not. Maybe I'll be met by another "stay updated" with model Y or a delivery of model X 1 year into the future when I pop in 2024. Who knows, maybe there will even be a Cybertruck on order for 2025?

Who buys a car for delivery one year into the future??? 😂

Just make sure you "stay updated". You don't want to miss a thing.

Cheers!

Have a Merc EQA being delivered later this week. Like other Aussies, have also decided to buy and source products that are not MIC. Over 30 years ago I stopped buying "Made in France" when they were blowing up pristine coral reefs at Mururoa Atoll in the name of nuclear testing. Even now, over 40 years after the 41st test about half of the radioactive strontium-90 & cesium-137 and all of the plutonium remains in the air water and soil. I still don't buy "Made in France" products today.

For me, for now, the EQA ticks all the boxes for an comfortable premium SUV daily commute, with plenty of range for a road trip if need be. Very quiet inside and very comfortable. No car is perfect neither was my model 3 P. Still, the 3 was a great car and we do have Tesla to thank for the other EV's that are now available and emerging. I do have two PW2's being installed soon (made in USA) so for now, not abandoning Tesla :)

Last edited: