Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla offers 1 year free supercharging if you buy before Dec 31st 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the ones who have got the free SC did you place your order in before December? I collected mine on Dec 21st and have just been told I’m not eligible because the order was placed in November!
So having been told I didn’t qualify over the phone, I emailed them and they replied saying I did in fact qualify and will be in my account shortly

A rip off for the people who lost there free miles in lock down, I had 4800 free supercharger miles wiped off this year after referral's yet to rank up sales you can get a years free supercharger miles.

Elon your ripping us off of miles and giving them away with late purchase cars.

I picked up my M3LR on 23/12, having ordered beginning of November. I've just checked my account and on the details button under the VIn it shows:
Free Supercharging until 1 January 2022

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-02 at 18.09.52.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-02 at 18.09.52.png
    64 KB · Views: 79
  • Informative
Reactions: PR-UK and CMc1
Have any lease drivers successfully claimed their 1 year free Supercharging?

My Model 3 is a company car and whilst the car appears in the app on my phone, there is no car assigned to me in my account. This means that I have no loot box, etc. I ordered mid-December and collected on Xmas Eve and was advised by Tesla both on the phone in advance and when I collected the car that I would qualify for the Supercharger benefit.

I've since phoned Tesla to confirm that the benefit is assigned to my car and they've told me that the benefit is most likely in the Loot Box for the car in the leasing company's account and that the leasing company should assign this to me. I spoke with the leasing company and they are a bit lost as to how this should work.

It's not like I'm driving anywhere at the moment, but it would be nice to be able to use this benefit whenever the lockdown ends. Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Have any lease drivers successfully claimed their 1 year free Supercharging?

My Model 3 is a company car and whilst the car appears in the app on my phone, there is no car assigned to me in my account. This means that I have no loot box, etc. I ordered mid-December and collected on Xmas Eve and was advised by Tesla both on the phone in advance and when I collected the car that I would qualify for the Supercharger benefit.

I've since phoned Tesla to confirm that the benefit is assigned to my car and they've told me that the benefit is most likely in the Loot Box for the car in the leasing company's account and that the leasing company should assign this to me. I spoke with the leasing company and they are a bit lost as to how this should work.

It's not like I'm driving anywhere at the moment, but it would be nice to be able to use this benefit whenever the lockdown ends. Any ideas how I can resolve this?

The Tesla portal seems to cope with leasing somewhat reluctantly at the moment. For me, my car is not visible in the Account Portal (and no way I can find to confirm in the portal that I have free supercharging), but they confirmed via email that it was enabled on my account. I have supercharged several times and the 'History' remains empty. I just need to remember when it runs out :)

I've read that the above does bring a perk in that Premium Connectivity carries on working after the free year on leased cars. Always possible this will change if they develop the portal further I suppose.

I picked up my car on the 31st December. Used a referral so I can see on my app it says 1000 miles free super charging but no where does it state that actually I get a year for free. I had to use a supercharger when I picked up the car as it had 8 miles range on it and on the car screen it says £6 something charge cost. It has never changed to 0

apart from that. My car hasn’t been driven because of lockdown and is currently in Milton Keynes service centre.

Just spoken with Tesla and they've advised that it should be active on the account but that there's no real way to see it. The only indication comes once I've actually used the Supercharger the session won't log in my Supercharger history.
The sales person I spoke with did seem familiar with the issue and practically finished my question for me as I started talking through it, so I'm obviously not the first person to ask.

I picked up my car on the 31st December. Used a referral so I can see on my app it says 1000 miles free super charging but no where does it state that actually I get a year for free. I had to use a supercharger when I picked up the car as it had 8 miles range on it and on the car screen it says £6 something charge cost. It has never changed to 0

apart from that. My car hasn’t been driven because of lockdown and is currently in Milton Keynes service centre.

When I spoke with a lady from Tesla she said if you have any referral miles they would all be used up before the "free year" would kick in.