Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owner API Tutorial (All you need is your browser)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know where to query the perf_config data anymore? Can't seem to get it from JSON apiary. Just did the uncorking and can't be sure it was done properly.

Nothing would beat getting some kind of confirmation via an app or some such. However, post uncorking, the car’s acceleration from a standing start has a definitive “grab and snatch” feel to it, accompanied by a noticeable increase in electrical whine. If your car was uncorked you’ll sense it and hear it the moment you press that accelerator.

I was very lucky, a very kind soul on this thread verified the uncorking for me, since I couldn’t manage it on my own, and I also downloaded the PowerTools app on my iphone. Post uncorking it consistently reads 4.1 seconds.

Not sure it's been noted, but the iOS app "Remote S" also added most/all of the API data recently. Shows the raw Car State/Location/Climate/Charge/Config/GUI, etc. API info. And does have the perf_config under Car Config. Excellent app, in general (and nothing but a satisfied user, here!).

And does have the perf_config under Car Config.
IIRC, perf_config was removed from API a while back and is not being reported by Tesla anymore, I'm not sure what Remote S reports.

I just tried pulling up my car info and perf_config is not reported, below is all that reported:

"response": {
"api_version": 3,
"autopark_state": "standby",
"autopark_state_v2": "standby",
"autopark_style": "standard",
"calendar_supported": true,
"car_version": "2018.6.1 641efac",
"center_display_state": 0,
"df": 0,
"dr": 0,
"ft": 0,
"homelink_nearby": false,
"last_autopark_error": "no_error",
"locked": true,
"notifications_supported": true,
"odometer": xxxxxxxx,
"parsed_calendar_supported": true,
"pf": 0,
"pr": 0,
"remote_start": false,
"remote_start_supported": true,
"rt": 0,
"sun_roof_percent_open": null,
"sun_roof_state": "unknown",
"timestamp": xxxxxxxxxxx,
"valet_mode": false,
"vehicle_name": "xxxxxxx"

IIRC, perf_config was removed from API a while back and is not being reported by Tesla anymore, I'm not sure what Remote S reports.

I just tried pulling up my car info and perf_config is not reported, below is all that reported:

"response": {
"api_version": 3,
"autopark_state": "standby",
"autopark_state_v2": "standby",
"autopark_style": "standard",
"calendar_supported": true,
"car_version": "2018.6.1 641efac",
"center_display_state": 0,
"df": 0,
"dr": 0,
"ft": 0,
"homelink_nearby": false,
"last_autopark_error": "no_error",
"locked": true,
"notifications_supported": true,
"odometer": xxxxxxxx,
"parsed_calendar_supported": true,
"pf": 0,
"pr": 0,
"remote_start": false,
"remote_start_supported": true,
"rt": 0,
"sun_roof_percent_open": null,
"sun_roof_state": "unknown",
"timestamp": xxxxxxxxxxx,
"valet_mode": false,
"vehicle_name": "xxxxxxx"
As I said, in Remote S it’s on the Car Config button which is short for Vehicle Config (to fit on the buttons).