Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Product Announcement at noon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very interesiting that the 100 kWh pack does not involve n improved chemistry. That tells me two things:

1. Tesla/Panasonic isn't as far along chemistry-wise as hoped.
2. The new pack should be *very* interesting to dismantle. Someone needs to do this ASAP.

Also an interesting thing: The Model S is now not only the longest range BEV, but it *also* has a longer range than all the hydrogen vehicles for sale today!

Reactions: Model 3
This begs the question, how much of a core deposit are you getting on the old battery? Because I can think of a lot of S60 owners that would easily pay 10k for a 90kw battery that only has 1% range degradation.
I would be interested in an upgraded remanufactured or refurbished pack for a reasonable price and willing to part with current pack. Why recycle it when it's a perfectly good battery for another Tesla?

Reactions: supratachophobia
I guess they will eventually phase out the 90 as production of the 100 ramps up. It's interesting to see how they are handling current orders to try to minimize backlash. The P90D's took a hit today -- like the P85+ did when the P85D came out - but at least they are telling those not yet in production that they can upgrade for $10k.