Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Product Announcement at noon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems to be reactionary to the Delphi/Mobileye announcement.......so I'm wagering on an announcement of forthcoming autonomous technology not 'now' stuff.

I would like to unleash a 100kWh though, c'mon Elon!!!!!

But there's so much they could do with "reactionary" comments.

Solar City merger
Chevy Bolt impending launch
Delphi/Mobileye

Who do they react to today....?

Tesla has been "Osborne-Effecting" themselves more and more. How many threads are there on TMC about prospective buyers delaying purchases of S and X models because of:

AP 2.0
100 kWh
M3 introduction

It will be interesting to see, and to see if it sparks orders which they desperately need right now. I predict that whatever it is, it won't be retrofits to existing vehicles. They need sales of new vehicles.

People are starting to get bored. You can only pre-announce so much and keep enthusiasm up. Right @Garlan Garner ?

But there's so much they could do with "reactionary" comments.

Solar City merger
Chevy Bolt impending launch
Delphi/Mobileye

Who do they react to today....?

Ummmmm, yes, but my thinking......
SCTY deal isn't done, too early to announce a product.
Who cares about and why draw attention to the Chevy Bolt? :D
Yes, this got tons of press today, as well as the earlier uber deal. Autonomous is hot and he's not letting anyone forget where it all started.

I'm really hoping for some kind of AP 2.0 announcement. Not even the features necessarily, just hardware availability. I have a 60D order pending now that will go to the factory 8/27. I'm torn on whether to push it out if AP2.0 hardware is 'just around the corner'.

I'm really hoping for some kind of AP 2.0 announcement. Not even the features necessarily, just hardware availability. I have a 60D order pending now that will go to the factory 8/27. I'm torn on whether to push it out if AP2.0 hardware is 'just around the corner'.
This is exactly where I am at. It would really bother me to get delivery and miss a large safety update like this.

Could be solar panel stuff...solarcity bailout (I mean purchase) is official now and they've yet to hold a presser. May have nothing to do with the cars. Remember they're a vertically integrated energy company now /eyeroll
It's not clear, the boards have accept the offer but solarcity have 45 days to take in another offer and then the shareholders in Tesla and Solarcity will vote. If tesla shareholder don't like the idea, it won't happen and it would be really strange if tesla announce a product for it before they now for sure that the buy will happen.