Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla reduced price by $2k for M3, $5k for S/X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something to keep in mind, that the price of the car went down - but the price of FSD went up - it's almost a wash.

Depends on timing. Car price went down 5/27. FSD is going up 7/1. There's a sweet spot in between.

I was going to order my second M3 this year June 30th (since I'm work from home for a while no rush), but I'll likely be putting in my order now in case Musk decides to raise the price back up, remove options, move FSD increase date forward. Who knows with Musk.

They always do this to keep people interested in buying. When federal rebates halved, prices dropped. FSD gone up, prices drop...

Also, do I see right, is free supercharging gone from new S/X orders now? This may also be a reason for the drop.

The Fed rebates are halved? It was $1875 in Dec 2019 and $0 Jan 2020. Where are you seeing there is still any of the original $7500 Fed rebate?

Yes, lifetime supercharging was pulled (again) for S & X along with the price drop.

Honestly, this may free up enough money for me to take a gamble on FSD. I don't think the 7 confirmed FSD features are work $7K, but I would feel better about spending $5K more than I originally planned rather than the full $7K (I realize this is a terrible way to justify purchases :D)

This is exactly my thought so instead of order June 30th before the FSD increase I'm be ordering now with the price drop before something else changes.

I just HOPE this price drop has nothing to do with the improved million mile battery announcement that's been delayed due to CV. I really worry Musk is going to bump M3 to 400+ mile range in 3-6-12 months and kill the value of the current car.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Wow, I bought mine end of Feb, M3 AWD Extended Range. I hope they give us something like a big discount if we add full self driving.

Yeah it's a bit messier for the M3 where it's just a price drop. Also since a load M3 is still only $2K where a base S is $5K drop.

The S/X at least they dropped supercharging while adding the price drop. So S/X before the price drop had the lifetime supercharging and the ones after lost it but got the price drop.

Yeah it's a bit messier for the M3 where it's just a price drop. Also since a load M3 is still only $2K where a base S is $5K drop.

The S/X at least they dropped supercharging while adding the price drop. So S/X before the price drop had the lifetime supercharging and the ones after lost it but got the price drop.

$5k worth a lot more than FUSC to most. Lot of 3's took up that offer in 2018

I hear ya. I'm glad I pulled the trigger Q2 last year when the rebate was $3.75K . The price has never been lower, even with this price cut.

Yeah I was Q4 2019 and got $1875 fed. $2500 Calif(now $2000) and $1000 SCE.

Ordering another one soon. Unfortunately you can't get a second CA rebate unless you purchased before Dec 3 initially, which is weird. But whatever.

This is exactly my thought so instead of order June 30th before the FSD increase I'm be ordering now with the price drop before something else changes.

I just HOPE this price drop has nothing to do with the improved million mile battery announcement that's been delayed due to CV. I really worry Musk is going to bump M3 to 400+ mile range in 3-6-12 months and kill the value of the current car.
You can always order now to lock in pricing and delay delivery if it actually gets scheduled before battery day so that you have a better idea. Trying to predict if and when changes will be made is a fool's errand but since the battery day is coming up it may be worth seeing what they announce.

I guess that's one way of looking at it. Another way...if someone is buying a $50-70k automobile and feels like they need to sweat a variance one way or the other of low single digit thousands, I'd wonder if the purchaser might be more comfortable buying a car that fit more comfortably in their budget.

Best,

The car is easily in budget the point was prudence is why. Would have been nice to drop the Y price also and have had it built into it so they could do so. Smarter PR. But yes a price drop will always piss off some of the ones that missed the sale; however, I also would not be too concerned if I just purchased it and they drop it 2000. That said with so much less moving around lately patience is not hard to come by.

The car is easily in budget the point was prudence is why. Would have been nice to drop the Y price also and have had it built into it so they could do so. Smarter PR. But yes a price drop will always piss off some of the ones that missed the sale; however, I also would not be too concerned if I just purchased it and they drop it 2000. That said with so much less moving around lately patience is not hard to come by.

I'm thinking it's some of the stuff that's in the Y that will be added to the 3 and other cars. But who knows how long that could take. Or even if it's part of the reason or not.

The Y is also the HOT & NEW thing.