Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea, the update releases lately have been a bit strange. Start of the year was slow. Got 2021.4, then 2021.12, 2021.24 and 2021.32 with rather slow release. Then 2021.36 came and in last 4 weeks I have got 2021.36.5.1, 2021.36.5.5, 2021.36.5.6 and 2021.36.5.8 with none of them making any so far visible difference.

I've no idea what "Tidal" is! I seem to have something called Spotify on my car which seems to play radio and internet music - and which annoyingly hogs the screen every time I get in the car!
Under the Music menu you can remove sources that you don’t want to appear on the screen or to accidentally select. For some reason you can’t leave fewer than four sources. But I got rid of Spotify that way. I got sick of accidentally streaming ABC Radio instead of listening to it via DAB+.

PoS TACC did it again today! :mad:

Driving along the M7 with TACC set to 105. Speed limit on display says 100. TACC Max speed limit says 105. I drive PAST an exit and the TACC Max speed limit drops to 80! The speed limit on the display still says 100! I had to hold the lever down to get TACC max speed to 105.

Note: this is not the same as phantom braking where the TACC max speed does not change but the car brakes for some phantom obstacle. You don't have to set TACC max speed again. It is also different behaviour to actually taking an exit where the speed limit on the display also changes.

PoS TACC did it again today! :mad:

Driving along the M7 with TACC set to 105. Speed limit on display says 100. TACC Max speed limit says 105. I drive PAST an exit and the TACC Max speed limit drops to 80! The speed limit on the display still says 100! I had to hold the lever down to get TACC max speed to 105.

Note: this is not the same as phantom braking where the TACC max speed does not change but the car brakes for some phantom obstacle. You don't have to set TACC max speed again. It is also different behaviour to actually taking an exit where the speed limit on the display also changes.
Im with you on this one, since the last update or possibly the one before that also as I only had that for a week, my TACC and Autosteer beta have been much worse. I have daily on M1 where the speed limit stays 100 but the set speed drops to either 60, 70 or 80. I have started to remember the places, so I hold accelerator down a bit so it does not actually slow the car and just tap that 100 limit sign on screen to get the set speed back to normal, but this is annoying. Also I have had a few strange sudden jerking movements from the Autosteer that I have never got before. Its like it expects the car in the next lane to ram it and it compensates and then resumes back to normal. I hope next version that fixes those issues or reverts whatever they changed back to the better version will come soon.

Looks like 2021.40 is beginning to roll in small numbers.

Australian Model 3 notes for 2021.40.6 include
- Add Stop - Waypoints (Yay)
- Cold weather improvements
- Tidal
- TACC Chime
- New language (think this includes GB English)

Notably absent is Remote View Sentry, so seemingly Australia isn't one of the selected countries.

2021.40.6 installed today and took it for a quick drive. Multiple stops can be added - but once added, not re-arrangeable, at least not in any to me obvious way. Also, looks like final destination has to be added first, then additional en-route destinations. in order of stops.

TACC chime is useful and different from AP chime.

Since installation this morning however, despite MCU reboot, it still says 2021.40.6 update available and waiting for download... says so both on the app, in the software update screen, and via MFD green download arrow at the top of the screen...