Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All of the essential functions can be done with the knobs and buttons on the steering wheel, coupled with voice. (Model s and x). When I get in a hire car interstate.....which cant happen for a while now....the buttons and knobs feel clunky and awkward.
Regardless, without taking my hands off the wheel I can put the car in forward or reverse, I can indicate, turn music up or down and change tracks. Ok maybe I miss stretching across to the glovebox whilst driving to get another CD from a jumbled pile..I can also from my steering wheel change my aircon and make recieve calls. I can also steer the car and turn on the wipers. So just wondering, what knobs and buttons do you need to make your experience safer?
A few less knobs on the road would be nice

All of the essential functions can be done with the knobs and buttons on the steering wheel, coupled with voice. (Model s and x). When I get in a hire car interstate.....which cant happen for a while now....the buttons and knobs feel clunky and awkward.
Regardless, without taking my hands off the wheel I can put the car in forward or reverse, I can indicate, turn music up or down and change tracks. Ok maybe I miss stretching across to the glovebox whilst driving to get another CD from a jumbled pile..I can also from my steering wheel change my aircon and make recieve calls. I can also steer the car and turn on the wipers. So just wondering, what knobs and buttons do you need to make your experience safer?

Just because others would like them, doesn't mean you would HAVE to use them. You could do it the way you do now. Still plus one for programmable physical controls.

Climate can definitely be controlled by voice, along with music etc so not sure what you're referring to?
I was referring to the functions that need attention while driving that are separate from your profile. The climate control is a disaster and you're always fiddling with the entertainment. In general the voice commands still dont work, so it requires screen access.
I dont find it a problem, aside from the constant attention the climate control seems to need.

Reactions: corndog
Just finished 20.8.3 update and tried some voice controls. Well, I'm pleasantly surprised - some of them worked. Sometimes it tried to navigate somewhere instead, but most of the basic climate-related ones listed around the web worked. Need to find out how to turn rear vents on and off.

I haven't figured out how to start playing music from a folder on the USB drive, with voice controls only, yet.

Hopefully it still works even when I'm not sitting silently in my driveway.

Cheers, A.

As others had said, climate control, which I also feel the need to constantly adjusting to feel comfortable. It doesn’t seem to happen with other cars I had driven before.
You can adjust fan speed from your steering wheel button.
If you press the steering wheel button for voice and say “i’m hot”, it will firstly laugh at you for thinking your over attractive, before turning the aircon temp down for you. So I’ve adjusted my aircon temp and fan speed without taking my hands off the wheel or eyes off the road. You can use ‘i’m cold’ as well.
I presume that tesla have an objective that interaction with your car will become more voice and less touch. Bit like interaction with other people at the moment.

As others had said, climate control, which I also feel the need to constantly adjusting to feel comfortable. It doesn’t seem to happen with other cars I had driven before.
I think there is a bit of an issue with the Model 3 climate control. It does a poor job of maintaining set temperature and and as a result needs frequent adjustment to for comfort. This obvious when you look at Telsafi logs.

I downloaded 20.8.3 today while I was driving to my doctor's clinic (not the virus :) ). I installed the update while inside and then drove home on it. I decided to turn on Autopilot and as soon as it got to a sweeping corner with oncoming traffic it braked. Turned it off and sighed. No issues with bluetooth thus far, but it was only a short drive.

I think there is a bit of an issue with the Model 3 climate control. It does a poor job of maintaining set temperature and and as a result needs frequent adjustment to for comfort.

I'm so glad to hear others say this! It's been one of my main gripes with the car since day 1, and essentially the feedback I've gotten is "Tesla can never be wrong! You're wrong!". I gave up on auto climate months ago, and switched to manual control, but even that fluctuates temperature a lot. From reading the manual, even on manual mode it's still trying to control cabin temperature, not vent temperature. I've found that having a fairly strong fan speed reduces the fluctuations a little, but not much. I just have it blowing on the windscreen now, so i don't feel it as much.

I've noticed recently as well that it often blows hot air when i get back in the car after being parked for a short time (sometimes AC charging, sometimes not). At times i've had to set it to LO to cool it back down quickly before breaking into a sweat.

I'm so glad to hear others say this! It's been one of my main gripes with the car since day 1, and essentially the feedback I've gotten is "Tesla can never be wrong! You're wrong!". I gave up on auto climate months ago, and switched to manual control, but even that fluctuates temperature a lot. From reading the manual, even on manual mode it's still trying to control cabin temperature, not vent temperature. I've found that having a fairly strong fan speed reduces the fluctuations a little, but not much. I just have it blowing on the windscreen now, so i don't feel it as much.

I've noticed recently as well that it often blows hot air when i get back in the car after being parked for a short time (sometimes AC charging, sometimes not). At times i've had to set it to LO to cool it back down quickly before breaking into a sweat.

Get used to that... I am starting to see the true cult.

Reactions: corndog

You can leave your aircon on when not in the car. You then come back to a nice cool cabin. Model S experience, presume this is available for 3 as well.

On Thursday I received notification that 2020.8.3 was ready for my car. Installed yesterday.

I LOVE DAB+ !!!!!

It is soooooo much better than streaming Cräpify - much better sound quality and nowhere near the same delay in coming on.

So that means my car skipped 2020.8.1.1 and 2020.8.2. Went straight from 2020.4.1 to 2020.8.3. I’ll definitely leave my software update preference on “Standard”.