Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after 28.2 disappeared on me yesterday, today I got 24.6.9. And it spent a very long time updating the autopilot. But I haven't noticed anything different yet. I also have a swerve intersection where it does funky stuff it shouldn't. We'll see if that's fixed - haven't driven through there yet.

Lots of nice improvements with 2020.24.6.9.
upload_2020-7-19_18-8-55.png

Time stamp, up to date as of x time.

upload_2020-7-19_18-10-48.png

Have yet to try the backup camera changes. Dashcam viewer time stamps are great and it is retrospective.

upload_2020-7-19_18-11-45.png

upload_2020-7-19_18-13-13.png

Although currently my car is at home and it is still locking with Exclude active. I am guessing because it has been in the garage unused for 24 hours. hmmm. To date it has driven me nuts having to activate walk away lock when away from home and deactivate it so it does not continually lock in my garage.

upload_2020-7-19_18-12-27.png

upload_2020-7-19_18-19-36.png

I have the aero cap kit so even the app matches my car now.

Pretty well all of these changes are things I will be using so I am happy to get his update.

I know I keep banging on about the way updates are promoted differently on different models, but for critical systems like FSD it is potentially dangerous.

For example, non-critical, the latest update with the rear view thumbnails is definitely an improvement - but on the S (at least, MY S) you don't swipe to get them. There's an icon bottom left on the rear view which is an amalgamation of a cone icon and a wifi symbol which you tap to get the side views.

There seem to be more and more of these differences appearing which seems to show the code is getting a bit less controlled between models. I'm sure there are different teams working on the various countries' routines but.....

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Now is as good a time as any to ask this question... why do they call the left and right cameras “left repeater” and “right repeater” and not just “left” and “right”?
There are two cameras on each side. The repeater cameras are behind the side blinkers and face backwards and see more of the side of the car - good for reversing. The cameras on the b-pillars face forward. I think that is the reason for making the distinction

• Informative
Reactions: Vostok
Side turn signals In most countries, cars must be equipped with side-mounted turn signal repeaters to make the turn indication visible laterally (i.e. to the sides of the vehicle) rather than just to the front and rear of the vehicle. These are permitted, but not required in the United States. source Wikipedia

Lots of nice improvements with 2020.24.6.9.
View attachment 566182
Time stamp, up to date as of x time.

View attachment 566183
Have yet to try the backup camera changes. Dashcam viewer time stamps are great and it is retrospective.

View attachment 566184

View attachment 566186

Although currently my car is at home and it is still locking with Exclude active. I am guessing because it has been in the garage unused for 24 hours. hmmm. To date it has driven me nuts having to activate walk away lock when away from home and deactivate it so it does not continually lock in my garage.

View attachment 566185

View attachment 566188
I have the aero cap kit so even the app matches my car now.

Pretty well all of these changes are things I will be using so I am happy to get his update.
These features were all in the last update (model s). Cant remember the number though, but 24.6.9 is therefore nothing new for me, other than presumably bug fixes.
Also my car stays unlocked at home, for days. You may need to check the home address you have entered is where your car thinks it is. Mine used to say it was in my neighbours garage, but doesnt seem to anymore.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
These features were all in the last update (model s). Cant remember the number though, but 24.6.9 is therefore nothing new for me, other than presumably bug fixes.
Also my car stays unlocked at home, for days. You may need to check the home address you have entered is where your car thinks it is. Mine used to say it was in my neighbours garage, but doesnt seem to anymore.
I think most of those updates came with .24.x.x so perhaps you had an earlier variant of it. My m3 went from 20.17 to 20.6.9 so they were all decent improvements for me. Remain Unlocked at home has come good for me now. I suspect it locking at home initially was because my car had been sitting idle in the garage for several days immediately prior to the update and had lost gps fix.

Jason, you've become a regular premature evaluator. Somehow all the new releases are coming to you first, but they're not very satisfying:)
Don't get me started! The excitement and adrenaline rush of hitting the update now button... waiting waiting for it to finish... only to be presented with the same old release notes! I think of it more as premature adulation!