Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It could be that each time the software has attempted to download you’ve not been near wifi, or depart the wifi part way through. I’ve done the latter a couple of times and it needed tesla intervention to get the download going again.

Thanks. But, I’m afraid that’s not it. The files are downloading and installing ok - they just seem to be weeks out of date...

Thanks. But, I’m afraid that’s not it. The files are downloading and installing ok - they just seem to be weeks out of date...
They are not out of date. They are what Tesla wants you to have atm. Loads of others are getting that 2020 build now as well.
Teslafi software tracker shows that Tesla has been updating three times as many S&X with 2020.48.37.1 as compared to 2021.4.6 in last two days. Seems they have tapered off pushing the 2021.4.6 build for some reason.

Just wondering... as I enter my fifth week of ignoring the pending update for 2020.48.35.5, will Slartibartfast stay in suspended animation and not download any subsequent updates until I install that one? My wife suggested scheduling the install to happen in 1 year’s time to get rid of the nag, but I’m pretty sure you can’t schedule installs more than 24 hours into the future.

With iOS updates, for example, you can keep ignoring them, but a pending update will be replaced by newer pending updates as they come along. Although Apple seems to have got sick of people doing that and now auto-installs pending updates whether you like it or not if they have been sitting there too long.

Just wondering... as I enter my fifth week of ignoring the pending update for 2020.48.35.5, will Slartibartfast stay in suspended animation and not download any subsequent updates until I install that one?
I don't know the answer to that. Teslafi software tracker reports numerous cars update while skipping multiple interim builds. For example updating directly from 2020.12.5 to 2021.4.6 (a 44 week build gap) and 2020.48.37 to 2021.4.10.1 for the latest build. It also reports cars with pending installs as far back as 2020.16.2.1. So presumably that car will install an ancient build when allowed too. Or it could just be dead car? There are a relatively large number of pending install for 2020.48.35.5 holdouts like yourself ;-)

Just installed 2021.4.10. Has else anyone noticed that it can now interpret an 'END 40 AREA' sign as a generic derestriction sign?
Derestriction.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: ICUDoc
Just wondering... as I enter my fifth week of ignoring the pending update for 2020.48.35.5, will Slartibartfast stay in suspended animation and not download any subsequent updates until I install that one? My wife suggested scheduling the install to happen in 1 year’s time to get rid of the nag, but I’m pretty sure you can’t schedule installs more than 24 hours into the future.

With iOS updates, for example, you can keep ignoring them, but a pending update will be replaced by newer pending updates as they come along. Although Apple seems to have got sick of people doing that and now auto-installs pending updates whether you like it or not if they have been sitting there too long.
Just install the update so you can play “guess what we broke with this update” like the rest of us

They are not out of date. They are what Tesla wants you to have atm. Loads of others are getting that 2020 build now as well.
Teslafi software tracker shows that Tesla has been updating three times as many S&X with 2020.48.37.1 as compared to 2021.4.6 in last two days. Seems they have tapered off pushing the 2021.4.6 build for some reason.

Thanks I have since figured that out. In fact yesterday I had the MCU2 installed and it has the same (2020) update. Strange.

Just install the update so you can play “guess what we broke with this update” like the rest of us
I don’t need to do that when others have already helped out me by posting about the tribulations here :D:D

The main thing I’m avoiding is the ‘updated’ GUI. I think the version I am on is the final one with the old GUI.

If they wanted to ‘improve’ the GUI, they could have added a glovebox icon to the bottom row to make opening it a one-touch process. That would be an actual improvement, as opposed to a Silicon Valley fart-mode type ‘improvement’.

I don't know the answer to that. Teslafi software tracker reports numerous cars update while skipping multiple interim builds. For example updating directly from 2020.12.5 to 2021.4.6 (a 44 week build gap) and 2020.48.37 to 2021.4.10.1 for the latest build. It also reports cars with pending installs as far back as 2020.16.2.1. So presumably that car will install an ancient build when allowed too. Or it could just be dead car? There are a relatively large number of pending install for 2020.48.35.5 holdouts like yourself ;-)

Interesting to note, and it really sounds like there's some randomness to update notification. Again, my M3 LR non-FSD is still waiting on an 2021.x update, and as I've always been an early adopter for most tech, I find this very frustrating.

A means of manually downloading each firmware, say, to USB with advice on any constraints, would in my case be desirable and appreciated. But I imagine that wouldn't be desirable for Tesla, as it may open the door to hacking or to down-grading - a concern of DJI with my drone.

I guess that will all depend on life, the universe and everything

Yep. Definitely been a very slow rollout of the 2021 versions.

TeslaFi still only shows about 50% of cars on any of the multiple 2021.4.x versions.
At a guess TeslaFi is probably used more by tech focused owners who are more likely to have FSD, so I'd guess the actual number is a bit lower.

Hopefully this means there is some big work being done behind the scenes on a full v11 update.

..TeslaFi still only shows about 50% of cars on any of the multiple 2021.4.x versions.
While technically correct, you will find virtually all Model Ys, or around 98% of them are on 2021.4.x builds. That suggests to me the changes in 2021.4.x builds so far, were primarily targeting the Y. Or as the release notes said, "Select 2021 models - Displaying an increased battery range to more accurately reflect battery capacity." So more recent builds of other models as well.
I figure there is nothing in the 2021.4.x builds so far of benefit my 2020 3LR, so I missed nothing. I have averaged 16 days between my 24 software updates ,with with my previous longest wait being 39 days. Currently it is 36 days since my last update so I am looking to overtake that record.

Hopefully this means there is some big work being done behind the scenes on a full v11 update.
Yes I too hope there will some big changes afoot. I will be very happy if my next update provides an option to choose between the old layout and the new one. Don't like my chances though.