Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And when you want to turn on high beam, sometimes the stalk doesn’t work. Just refuses. Presume the stupid algorithm is overriding my input because at that time it doesn’t want high beam, which is not how ANY other inputs are dealt with. Driver always overrides brakes, throttle, wiper setting. But not half of the moronic high beams.

According to Elon, all user input is Error. Just putting it into practice 🤔

According to Elon, all user input is Error. Just putting it into practice 🤔
That would be the case when the AI finally gets to be smarter that the human doing the input, however we are currently still far from that.
Also to add my 2c to the AP vision based vs radar mix, my car was in a rather solid and good state about 2 years ago on the radar mix AP (about 5-6 phantom brakings across the whole year then), that continued with sometimes better sometimes worse with phantom braking updates and some updates were terrible, but overall I learned to anticipate when it would try to brake and I countered it with a little tap on accelerator just before and that negated the breaking. Now when the vision AP dropped it was way worse than previous AP, Over the last few updates it has improved considerably, however it still does have random phantom braking, but not at same times as previous AP, so not as easy to anticipate for me also it has those strange random lift off the accelerator slow downs that make no sense to me. The vision based wipers are even worse in the dark or low visibility and often trigger for me in pitch darkness when there is no cloud or rain in sight. During daytime with low to medium rain the wipers seem rater ok and even good. The auto high-beam even on the latest version for me is not reliable or good by any measure and still tries to blind the car its following way too often and stills puts on the high beams on motorway when there is a separation strip between oncoming traffic but not enough separation so blinding the cars going the other way. To counter this I have already developed a muscle memory when I engage AP, I push the left stalk away from me to disable the auto high-beams and that seems the best way to avoid angering other road users. I am hopeful that at some point they crack the phantom breaking slowdowns and vision based wipers and high-beams, but from my current experience, they are not there yet, so user input is very needed and critical for safe use of those features.

Reactions: johnchidgey
I heard whispers about an update causing the drivers window to not go back up after being lowered. It's been mostly hearsay so I'm not sure how widespread it is. I've been too worried to risk putting mine down, just in case! (This is on 2022.40.4.1)
I had this happen on my 2022 RWD after the 2022.4.1 update.
The passenger side windows were fine. The driver side windows would go down OK. The rear window lost its automatic operation and would only go up if you held the button.
The driver's window, however, would go up if you held the button, but would only stay up if it was held right to the top. If the button was released at any lower point, the window would fully open again.
A two-button reset with brake pedal did not fix it and it was still was not working even after an overnight sleep. However, it came good after doing another reset then.

I've seen this reported all over the place as well, but it sounds like the calibration function fixes it.

I wonder if this is related to the recall for finger-pinching windows and Tesla have reduced the object-detection trigger point fleet wide.
I didn't know about the recalibration function, so did not try it. But, I'll remember for "next time". Although, in my case, the window did not "stall" as described, it would immediately fully retract.
OTOH, this is the first update I've had in 8 months that has screwed up the driver operation, other than the Tesla Vision/auto high beam changes.

I'd love to be able to manually adjust the headlights to check their positioning as I'm concerned the default settings are not appropriate for RHD models. However, finding a level surface with a 10m clear space to a vertical wall is rather difficult around my place :-}.

Last edited:
Based on these reports, @Vostok is not installing 2022.40.4.1 !
I'm on it, it's better than 2022.36. I tried the auto high beam last night along the Comenarra Parkway, and got similar results to the Bjorn video. It's much better at not blinding oncoming cars but too slow to fire back on. I'll stick to controlling it myself.

I'm still chasing new updates in the hope that TACC improves to what it was pre Tesla vision.

I'm on it, it's better than 2022.36. I tried the auto high beam last night along the Comenarra Parkway, and got similar results to the Bjorn video. It's much better at not blinding oncoming cars but too slow to fire back on. I'll stick to controlling it myself.

I'm still chasing new updates in the hope that TACC improves to what it was pre Tesla vision.
I’m still awaiting TACC to return to what it was pre tesla’s own version, ie the mobileye version 4 years ago

I’m still awaiting TACC to return to what it was pre tesla’s own version, ie the mobileye version 4 years ago
sometimes 3rd parties do find better solutions. I suspect that if Elon eventually hits the wall with the vision only approach he will abandon it as he did with radar and ultrasonics and jump onto the next idea. Unfortunately, he is just too impetuous as can be seen in various aspects of the recent Twutter acquisition etc.

I suspect that if Elon eventually hits the wall with the vision only approach he will abandon it as he did with radar and ultrasonics and jump onto the next idea. Unfortunately, he is just too impetuous as can be seen in various aspects of the recent Twutter acquisition etc.
I think I remember seeing a reference that said ultrasonics are coming BACK in the next S!
Let me see if I can find it...

• Funny
Reactions: STUtoday
This is new, was driving around today and noticed a small message appear below the car visualisation (same area/style as the sentry mode events notification). I couldn't take a photo at the time but opened the notification afterwards: 'Vehicle configuration update pending'
PXL_20221122_025135215~2.jpg

I had no choice. It just did the download unannounced and unrequested.
And interestingly for the first my app tells me “Update done. Vehicle is rebooting.” 🤔
Tesla can do whatever they want without any holders' of their product consent.. if they deem an update absolutely critical then they will push it out .. pretty sure that's how MS have operated with their windows OS..since it became internet connected

I had no choice. It just did the download unannounced and unrequested.
And interestingly for the first my app tells me “Update done. Vehicle is rebooting.” 🤔

That’s odd. Updates download automatically (if your car is connected to WiFi) but they won’t and, as far as I know, can’t install themselves. I have the nag screen on my car every time I get in to install 2022.40.4.1, which disappears as soon as I put the car into D. Until I tell it to install, it will remain inert.

I think my record for new updates downloaded but not installed is six (a new update will replace an older uninstalled update).