Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm definitely in the #bringbackradar camp. Tesla Vision doesn't have an algorithm behind it which can be smart enough for all scenarios, so a radar input would at least provide a good fail-safe.
I'm reminded of the fault which grounded the Boeing 737 Max for a couple of years - a poorly designed MCAS which relied on a single sensor and didn't utilise redundancy should that sensor fail. The result? Multiple crashes killing many people until the model was grounded pending investigation and resolution (getting dual sensors to confirm data between them). While clearly the risk profile is different, Tesla nevertheless appear to have learnt no lessons from that outcome.

And while I'm at it, I'll put my hand up for an Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance option which stays OFF when set, and which doesn't reset to ON after each drive. I'm tired of the car steering me into pot holes in the road when I veer to avoid them.

And while I'm at it, I'll put my hand up for an Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance option which stays OFF when set, and which doesn't reset to ON after each drive. I'm tired of the car steering me into pot holes in the road when I veer to avoid them
100% with you on this one! Brush a white line and getting the screaming banshee wail when I forget to turn the darn thing off. It even screams at me on our dirt road when it thinks a tyre mark in the dirt is the centre line!

Here is something I did not know. You cannot set the charge limit to <50% in either the App or in the car. I had travelled Sydney to Canberra and had 24% left. Wanted to restrict charge to 42% overnight to avoid draining daughter's solar battery to 0 and to allow some tripping around the following day then to Goulburn for a bigger charge. So I had to wake up in the middle of the night to terminate the charge at 42%. Not a big deal but new knowledge (for me).

Here is something I did not know. You cannot set the charge limit to <50% in either the App or in the car.

That’s always been the case for as long as I know. Even through the Tesla API, if you tell it to set the charge limit to something under 50%, it sets it to 50%.

If you are below 50%, want to charge, but not charge above 50%, you have to manually terminate the charge - through the App, through a piece of code that talks to the Tesla API, or through some third party means like a non-Tesla EVSE that you can set up to stop charging at a certain time.

Reactions: paulp and doggy1
Here is something I did not know. You cannot set the charge limit to <50% in either the App or in the car. I had travelled Sydney to Canberra and had 24% left. Wanted to restrict charge to 42% overnight to avoid draining daughter's solar battery to 0 and to allow some tripping around the following day then to Goulburn for a bigger charge. So I had to wake up in the middle of the night to terminate the charge at 42%. Not a big deal but new knowledge (for me).
Always been that way… but if you had an MG ZS your choice would be removed. It lets you set at either 50% or 100%. The slide bar stops at any 10% you want but always jumps to one of those two values.

Always been that way… but if you had an MG ZS your choice would be removed. It lets you set at either 50% or 100%. The slide bar stops at any 10% you want but always jumps to one of those two values.

The Gen 1 Nissan LEAF is even worse… you can set the charge level to either 80% or 100%, but only inside the car as part of a timer setting, and there is no App. Without a timer set, it charges to 100%.

The holiday update (2022.44.25.1) has arrived for some here in Aus (not me I'm on the naughty list)
Keen to see what legacy owners miss out on. ;)

[update] Attached app release notes from an AU S75D

Attachments

• Fj5oM5LacAEj8TJ.jpeg
    Fj5oM5LacAEj8TJ.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Fj5oM5LaUAAOpgS.jpeg
    Fj5oM5LaUAAOpgS.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Fj5oM5NaAAYb7wS.jpeg
    Fj5oM5NaAAYb7wS.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 39
  • Fj5oM5NakAAYrws.jpeg
    Fj5oM5NakAAYrws.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
You had me at Apple Music. FINALLLLYYYY!!!!

Edit:
Now we wait for the update :(
I've just got 2022.44.25.1 on my 2020 Model 3. It has Apple Music, Dog mode improvements, scheduled light show, climate control fan speed, auto turn signals, Mahjong, Confirm Phone Call Transfer, Contact Lookup, Media controls improvements, Fart mode via mobile app, and Always Rainbows. No Zoom for me yet.

Not super happy with the location of the media controls. Previously, they were great for the passenger as well and the driver could use the steering wheel toggles. Now the passenger needs to reach all the way over. Maybe at some point we get to move them around like the blind spot cameras

Reactions: technerdx6000
Not super happy with the location of the media controls.

I went for a drive yesterday and didn't think much of the update. Today I went for a drive and went to change the audio and I was like... damn, Tesla's done it again. It shows they don't really do user testing with RHD vehicles cause with english language being left to right, the track changes are on the far right which gets semi hidden behind the wheel in RHD markets. Not really a issue in LHD. I'm guessing they'll be a future update where you can move the media controls.

I went for a drive yesterday and didn't think much of the update. Today I went for a drive and went to change the audio and I was like... damn, Tesla's done it again. It shows they don't really do user testing with RHD vehicles cause with english language being left to right, the track changes are on the far right which gets semi hidden behind the wheel in RHD markets. Not really a issue in LHD. I'm guessing they'll be a future update where you can move the media controls.
Did you give autopilot a crack? Any phantom braking incidents?