Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The poll results are in, and it’s 100% in favour of me installing!

@Vostok has installed 2022.44.25 and I approve of this update.
  • Auto indicator cancellation works really well for me so far - very nice feature.
  • I love the new energy visualisations and additional data it gives you
  • Very glad to see the swipe cards back to see trip data and tyre pressures
  • Great that you can now adjust fan speed without cancelling Auto climate control
  • Chime when traffic light goes green is a useful feature, not that anyone should need it because our attention is always 100% on our driving, right?
  • I don’t use Apple Music but I can get why people have been aching for this feature
  • Like everyone, I have the 1 month free trial of EAP. I might try Summon once or twice to check it out 🤔
Now, if they just get rid of the phantom braking on TACC I will be a happy camper.

Merry Christmas everyone 🤩

@Vostok has installed 2022.44.25 and I approve of this update.
  • Auto indicator cancellation works really well for me so far - very nice feature.
  • I love the new energy visualisations and additional data it gives you
  • Very glad to see the swipe cards back to see trip data and tyre pressures
  • Great that you can now adjust fan speed without cancelling Auto climate control
  • Chime when traffic light goes green is a useful feature, not that anyone should need it because our attention is always 100% on our driving, right?
  • I don’t use Apple Music but I can get why people have been aching for this feature
  • Like everyone, I have the 1 month free trial of EAP. I might try Summon once or twice to check it out 🤔
Now, if they just get rid of the phantom braking on TACC I will be a happy camper.

Merry Christmas everyone 🤩
Green light chime is great if you have kids that constantly distract you 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: Vostok
Tried summon twice, nothing
Not sure if a trick to it. Auto park not yet, does anyone know if you meant to not touch steering wheel and it’s meant to attempt to park by itself?
With autopilot I am still uneasy about how jerky it is when it tries to auto steer
Any tips would be appreciated

I’ve had EAP for a while now, never thought I would use the auto park but use it quite often now, bit slow but seems to put you bang in the middle of the parking bay. It’s improved since I first used the feature. Used auto lane change often which has improved a lot in the last few updates especially auto lane change to the left. Never really been able to test out NoA, as it hasn’t been available on any of the highways near where I stay, pretty much runs out just north of Raymond Terrace, NSW

Tried summon twice, nothing
Not sure if a trick to it. Auto park not yet, does anyone know if you meant to not touch steering wheel and it’s meant to attempt to park by itself?
With autopilot I am still uneasy about how jerky it is when it tries to auto steer
Any tips would be appreciated
Summon is unreliable. It tends to work better if you place the key on the passenger windscreen wiper, and stay clear of the sensors but close enough that it will work. Its fantastic when it works, which is never when you are showing someon. You do not steer autopark, it does it itself. Use autosteer at your own risk.

Yeah, popped up for me too tonight. I still rarely trust the auto-steer and am always swearing at TACC for phantom breaking, hesitancy, slow acceleration, etc, so I am not sure how much I'll use these extra features. Like above, I might try the parking in an empty lot. :)
I'm the same with low trust level, it's the late braking of TACC and Phantom braking for me that make me wonder how Kia can get their variable cruise control so much better than a company focusing on this automation.

I'll try it all of course in empty lots and empty freeways. Can't miss this opportunity :)

Reactions: Maximillan
2022.44.25.3 installed a few days ago, and the car still thinks lane open/closed indicators on the harbour bridge and inside tunnels are traffic lights (and slows for them unless intervened), and 40 on buses is still often recognised as 40 speed limit.

Coming up on 2 years now these faulty behaviours remain unfixed. Meanwhile, the driver assist features of high end BMW, Mercedes, and Audi have caught up and do the same or better than our Teslas with "FSD" or "autopilot" do: traffic aware cruise control, and speed sign recognition that works, and all of that integrated in a way that is interactive with the driver and not by way of a clumsy stop-gap implementation because interactionless full self drive is claimed to be around the corner.

And the Lucid Sapphire is now the fastest accelerating production vehicle on the market, and it doesn't have the aesthetic production irregularities we have: uneven door gaps, screeching windows, wipers louder than a 1978 Troopy...

2022.44.25.3 installed a few days ago, and the car still thinks lane open/closed indicators on the harbour bridge and inside tunnels are traffic lights (and slows for them unless intervened), and 40 on buses is still often recognised as 40 speed limit.

Coming up on 2 years now these faulty behaviours remain unfixed. Meanwhile, the driver assist features of high end BMW, Mercedes, and Audi have caught up and do the same or better than our Teslas with "FSD" or "autopilot" do: traffic aware cruise control, and speed sign recognition that works, and all of that integrated in a way that is interactive with the driver and not by way of a clumsy stop-gap implementation because interactionless full self drive is claimed to be around the corner.

And the Lucid Sapphire is now the fastest accelerating production vehicle on the market, and it doesn't have the aesthetic production irregularities we have: uneven door gaps, screeching windows, wipers louder than a 1978 Troopy...
You forgot to mention that Lucid has range advantage also, but a price tag that will match those advantages compared to Tesla. Will be interesting to see if Lucid will be able to overcome their production hell and expand their sales to world wide market :)
I am hoping that some competition will force Tesla eventually to put more effort in making their cars more user friendly and software more reliable. I understand that they want to get to FSD, but there will, at least for my generation, be users who will prefer to take control and drive themselves so this part of the software needs to be developed also regardless.

LOL @OzBMR I've had enhanced AP for 3 years on my "FSD" model S and I use it all the time. It never ever did anything scary like what you're describing... and I very much doubt your narrative. Why? If any Tesla *ever* steered into oncoming traffic, there would be no Tesla. Period. It is however a well known fact that people unfamiliar with sitting in machinery operated by a non-human operator spook easily - especially if they know there is no human operator. So there's significant bias in your "experiment".

Give it another go. Make sure you are alone in the car, so nobody else is opining (or screaming) while you let the car do its thing. Learn to be ahead of the vehicle in your mind, give it the leeway you would give a learner driver, and most importantly, understand that *your* way of driving may not be as perfect as you think it is. Your lane keeping may be offset to one side and you don't even know it because you've never seen yourself drive from the outside. You may be leaving too much distance to other cars, or not enough. All factors you need to consider before you dismiss machinery that has worked flawlessy for millions of kilometres. When you feel the lane keeping is bad (and it's driving you into oncoming traffic) look in both of your rear-view mirrors and estimate the distance between your vehicle and the white lines. You'll likely discover that what you thought until now was in the middle of the lane, was actually offset towards the curb. That may be ok in some circumstances, but it's not ok if you think it is the middle...

I'd be the first to cry foul if the car ever did anything dangerous with me in it. The contrary is actually true, it's far too conservative and safe for my taste.

Reactions: OzVic and Hairyman