Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried looking for the GPS meta-data in the picture but all I found was that it was a Samsung SPH-L900 that took the picture on December 24, 2013 at 11L51:08 AM

I did the exact same thing!

- - - Updated - - -

I saw the same clues you listed. The rail cars, hoppers, looked well worn... so when I went looking for the railroads of Toledo I was looking for non-main line stuff. My other hobby is trains, so it wasn't too hard. Once I found that virtual gold mine, a stone quarry with a small yard of hoppers, I saw the black awnings and it was all over. Just a matter of capturing the screens shots and google maps link.

Nicely done. Good detective work!

Quick Trekin' yesterday.. Full warp Gilbert AZ to Quartzsite AZ, then into interstellar{no superchargers} space.. I just couldn't get it to WARP Speed in La Vern, CA. {it's a slow 18mph level two--but Free!} On to Tejon Ranch CA, Harris Ranch and Gilroy CA to home plate. Only needed fifteen minutes at Tejon Ranch CA, Harris Ranch CA and Gilroy CA using the "arrive with as little mileage as possible philosophy" It really works great.. arrive with 5-15 miles remaining, and then Supercharge enough to get to the next supercharger with a lil cushion. Otherwise I would have spent all my time waiting and wasting time packing in those last few trons. Once Cabazon CA Supercharger is started/finished I'll feel better making the Phoenix-Bay Area journey! Remember everyone, if you are unfamiliar with supercharging.. fill up to what you need with a tolerable cushion and your travels will be a breeze!

I thought that looked like the Kohl's in La Verne! I've charged there as well in that exact spot. I initially thought it looked familiar, but then saw you live in Phoenix and figured it was just another Kohl's that looked similar. Unfortunately I was there for like an hour, but I at least got visited by an attractive young lady and her mother who were very friendly and curious about the car, so I showed them around a bit. Too funny. :)

I think there are only a few remaining locations that haven't been located that will be leveraged for the west coast / east coast road trip.

http://www.teslawiki.net/supercharger/

Holbrook, AZ - Identified
Maumee, OH - Identified
Cranberry, PA - Location Unknown

Are there any others that I missed?

There is yet one more needed somewhere between Cabazon, CA and Indio, CA to make the route completely comfortable. Quartzsite to Hawthorne is just too far, and Kingman to Vegas is a long way around just to have to range charge to make it to Barstow.

Oh, I'm thinking backwards, but that will be my first, really-long trip in the MS from Colorado to California, back tracking Elon's route. :biggrin:

Albert Lee MN

IMG_5099.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5100.jpg
    IMG_5100.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 653
AMEN to that.
With the rest of the country basically connected from Boston to San Diego and Seattle/Vancouver connected to Miami, Texas STILL is a virtual island.
We'll just have to rely on RV and State parks for a bit longer to do any serious inter-state Supercharger-powered traveling...

How much do you think it has to do with the chilly reception TX has given TM and how much is it that there aint much around.

OK, at least connect Houston to New Orleans.

AMEN to that.
With the rest of the country basically connected from Boston to San Diego and Seattle/Vancouver connected to Miami, Texas STILL is a virtual island.
We'll just have to rely on RV and State parks for a bit longer to do any serious inter-state Supercharger-powered traveling...

I have to imagine the next priorities are connecting Texas to the Southwest and Southeast and connecting the Northwest to the Midwest. All are relatively small gaps to cover considering what we had just a couple months ago.

How much do you think it has to do with the chilly reception TX has given TM and how much is it that there aint much around.

I doubt any. It's more likely the lack of owners (and population in general) in NM, OK, KS, NE IA, MO, AK, etc. that's the problem. Although going through North Dakota rather than Kansas seems to be a very odd decision as it adds many miles to a cross country trip.

I doubt any. It's more likely the lack of owners (and population in general) in NM, OK, KS, NE IA, MO, AK, etc. that's the problem. Although going through North Dakota rather than Kansas seems to be a very odd decision as it adds many miles to a cross country trip.

South Dakota. He can visit Mt Rushmore.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, at least connect Houston to New Orleans.

Nothing. It's just a matter of priorities. West Coast, Elon's Road Trip, East Coast, More Cross Country, Parts of Canada, More Cross Country, Fill In Gaps.

South Dakota.

Nothing. It's just a matter of priorities. West Coast, Elon's Road Trip, East Coast, More Cross Country, Parts of Canada, More Cross Country, Fill In Gaps.

Agreed.
Part of the consequences of being an early adopter is things today are not as convenient (at least) initially, as they will be in another 6 - 8 - 12 months.
Many of us in Texas would love to be able to go to PHX, ALB, DEN, OKC, KC, STL, LR, MEM, ATL (again for me) and NO, just using Superchargers. Oh, and having a viable SprCh route to return home too.
Tesla Motors has made traveling intrastate in parts of Texas viable, and I am truly grateful for that.

Having a fully (or even a majority) SprCh route is just as important as having a desired destination.
Lots of great places to travel to, getting the infrastructure in-place to support the technology is just a piece of the bigger puzzle.

Having additional SrvC is another key piece of the adventure known as Tesla Motors. Arranging test drives, delivering the cars and providing outstanding service to keep the cars running properly and on the road helps raise public consciousness.

And the other key piece is having Galleries scattered throughout the country helps to create a visible brand the general public can relate to. Go the visit the local Gallery while out shopping for new shoes or ipad.

Like a three-legged stool, each piece is critical to the overall success and acceptance of Tesla as a viable Option for everyday transportation, be it short or LONG distance.

This is the information I got from Tesla yesterday - "Our Gallup site construction is complete, however we are still waiting on final inspections to energize the site. Please continue to monitor our website for updates." I imagine it'll be live next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Brunswick, GA? This is the first that I've heard of that location. Do you have any additional information to share about this possible location? Address or permit? Thanks.

No just an educated guess on my part based on the maps. One is needed between Savannah and St Augustine and that is about half way in between.

- - - Updated - - -

Map location looks to be around Dale City, Woodbridge or Lorton.

Placed just south of DC area. Plenty of shopping, strip malls and an outlet mall.

I personally think that is too far south and it will be closer to the Springfield area. That is where I-495, I-395 and I-95 meet. But I think your location is a good guess too. Maybe Potomac Mills Mall.

No just an educated guess on my part based on the maps. One is needed between Savannah and St Augustine and that is about half way in between.

Here is a nice high-res map someone put together leveraging the Tesla Map. Download the image or right click and open in a new tab so you can zoom in.

Untitled_Panorama4_09.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

They really need to un-island Texas as their next step.

Although I'm somewhat biased, I think they need to connect Atlanta next. I do live in Atlanta, but I do not own a Model S nor do I think I'll be getting a Tesla for a few more years.

Almost every large city in the United States will have access to the Supercharger Network after this next push in Jan/Feb expect for a few (Atlanta, New Orleans, Kansas City, St Louis). - http://www.teslawiki.net/supercharger/ (turn on the radius to 150-200 and see what major cities aren't covered.

The Atlanta metro area has 450+ Model Ss and ranks 5th in the country in electric cars - http://cleantechnica.com/2013/08/19/top-electric-car-cities-us/ (which indicates there is potential a large market in Atlanta once it becomes more viable to owners).

Again yes I'm biased because I live there but I think the facts provide all the needed facts. I know we're not too far away from this becoming a reality but I know the Atlanta owners would love to feel appreciated and not forgotten about.

I personally think that is too far south and it will be closer to the Springfield area. That is where I-495, I-395 and I-95 meet. But I think your location is a good guess too. Maybe Potomac Mills Mall.

I've thought Springfield makes the most sense too. It's much closer to the half-way point between The Glen Allen (Richmond) and Newark, DE locations. In addition to the proximity to the highways you mention... it's also nearby to those coming across either 66 or 50 and circling the 495 beltway to continue East on 50 out towards the Annapolis area.

I do remember one Supercharger location getting nixed somewhere (and I think it was in Texas) due to a local city council rejecting it on ideological grounds. But I hope instances like that are few and far between. Regardless, the most they can do is delay the rollout - there is always another neighboring town that will work. Tesla isn't being deterred.

Now to the extent that lack of dealership status is hurting Model S sales in Texas, that could hamper the timing of more Texas Supercharger locations, as Tesla will prioritize locations based on population density of Tesla owners.