Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know about time to build or negotiate energy and land contracts, but assuming they all follow a similar blueprint, then like you said, they could contract it out once they scout locations and do many at once. 10 at once might be pushing it this early, and if they take about a month or two from beginning to end, then i suppose you could see that in under 2 years.

@ckessel I don't think many of us here have been wowed by an event in a long time. Comes with being so obsessed I guess.

I'm trying to figure out what would be so visually awesome that it's going to look good on a live stream and event. Technically cool somehow, I could see, though I'm jaded by fore knowledge. Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy it's being announced, but I'm trying to figure out what they'll show on a stream that's not dull.

"Here's a car under a big solar powered canopy! Here's a plug! And you, uh, well, you plug it in and wait 30 minutes."

"Ok, that's it, good night folks!"
How about this?
An S pulls into a spotless service bay. A robot system slides under the car while a car hop on roller skates hands the driver a beverage through the window. The driver enjoys his drink, the battery is exchanged, and the car pulls back out 5 minutes later.
I'd be impressed.

How about this?
An S pulls into a spotless service bay. A robot system slides under the car while a car hop on roller skates hands the driver a beverage through the window. The driver enjoys his drink, the battery is exchanged, and the car pulls back out 5 minutes later.
I'd be impressed.

And a pedicure option. Don't forget the pedicure option :).

And a pedicure option. Don't forget the pedicure option :).

Sorry, the battery exchange is too fast.
You'll have to use the 30 minute quick charge, and don't forget to hit the PED button on the display when you make the Supercharger reservation.

That's only true if they use a human to perform the pedicure. The Tesla Spa-Tastic9000™ offers a full body massage, mineral wash and pedicure in under 4 minutes . . . Along with other "enhancements"

Z-Susanna-Thompson-Borg-Queen-Star-Trek-Raumschiff-Voyager.jpg

So what I have gathered is that the Left coast gets theirs first, followed by the right side of the country, then fill in the gaps. I really only need one mid way between Houston and Dallas and I will be happy as a clam. However, it is my understanding that the installation of such a unit will not occur until all the others. Which is kinda odd, since the 2011 city size population rankings has Dallas and Houston as #9 and #4 respectively. Compare that to - say - LA and SanFran (#2 and #14) or NY and DC (#1 and #25) ... Okay, NY and Philly would net you #1 and #5 ...

... but throw San Antonio into the mix, and you are looking at #4, #7, and #9 all within the same state and all needing (I say NEEDING) a supercharger in between them.

But - I guess in 24 hours - we will all have our answer (s) ....

Would not shock me if there was a live feed tomorrow night from Harris Ranch as part of the show. By the way, you holding out on more pics, out of respect for Elon? Notably absent is a pic from further away, giving a little more context - size and shape. Thanks much for the preview though. Looks simple more than alien...

Last edited:
So what I have gathered is that the Left coast gets theirs first, followed by the right side of the country, then fill in the gaps. I really only need one mid way between Houston and Dallas and I will be happy as a clam. However, it is my understanding that the installation of such a unit will not occur until all the others. Which is kinda odd, since the 2011 city size population rankings has Dallas and Houston as #9 and #4 respectively. Compare that to - say - LA and SanFran (#2 and #14) or NY and DC (#1 and #25) ... Okay, NY and Philly would net you #1 and #5 ...

... but throw San Antonio into the mix, and you are looking at #4, #7, and #9 all within the same state and all needing (I say NEEDING) a supercharger in between them.
I'm sure Tesla is planning the initial roll-out based on where their customers are. The coasts have the highest densities of reservation holders so that's where they're going first.