Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hawthorne expanding, they have added one of those mobile charge units just to the left of the existing area, hooked up & ready be online shortly
IMG_0671.JPG
IMG_0684.JPG

Last edited:
Hawthorne expanding, they have added one of those mobile charge units just to the left of the excising area, hooked up & ready to any day.

That's wonderful!

See Capacity of Superchargers Using an Erlang-B Model. Because of the increase in queuing or Erlang efficiency, going from 6 Stalls to 8 Stalls gives you an average throughput rate increase from 2.25 to 3.60; 3.6/2.25 is 1.6 or a 60% increase in throughput with a 2% chance of producing a queue. That 60% improvement is far better than the 8/6 or 33% increase in the number of Stalls!

You are correct. Usually there are two charging stations (stalls) per cabinet, but sometimes site issues limit the number of charging stations to an odd number. This mean that one cabinet is connected to a single charging station.

• Harris Ranch has 7 Stations
  • San Marcos has 5 Stations
  • Ellensburg has 5 Stations
  • Madison has 3 Stations
  • Cranberry has 3 Stations
  • Roseville has 7 Stations

Space(s), the Final Frontier!

San Juan Capistrano (not open yet) has 7 stalls as well.

Unless they have 3 stalls sharing a charger... Do we know for sure?

As far as I know and looking at the connections inside of a Supercharger Cabinet, I don't think that it is physically possible to connect 3 Stalls to 1 Cabinet with currently produced Supercharger Cabinets. The maximum number of Stalls per Cabinet is 2.

The picture below shows the connection area of a Supercharger Cabinet. The black tubes with the hose clamps are the cooling fluid loops with solenoid valves in the center area. The 2 conduits in the lower right go to the 2 Pedestals next to the Charging Stalls. As you can see, there are only enough electrical connections for two Stalls. Behind the cardboard on the lower left is the conduit going to the Distribution Center carrying the 160-Amp, 480-Volt, 3-Phase power into the Cabinet.

Moab Supercharger Wiring-1.JPG

As far as I know and looking at the connections inside of a Supercharger Cabinet, I don't think that it is physically possible to connect 3 Stalls to 1 Cabinet with currently produced Supercharger Cabinets. The maximum number of Stalls per Cabinet is 2.

The picture below shows the connection area of a Supercharger Cabinet. The black tubes with the hose clamps are the cooling fluid loops with solenoid valves in the center area. The 2 conduits in the lower right go to the 2 Pedestals next to the Charging Stalls. As you can see, there are only enough electrical connections for two Stalls. Behind the cardboard on the lower left is the conduit going to the Distribution Center carrying the 160-Amp, 480-Volt, 3-Phase power into the Cabinet.
I love the amount of information we have assembled here. Thanks for posting this! So yes, that means for the odd numbered locations there is indeed a special one. Or should I say precious?

A member of the Atlanta FB group emailed Tesla about Macon, GA. Their response is below.

"Thank you for your note. I was excited to see the pictures attached! Macon is just the first stop along I-75 south of Atlanta and due to open this week. If all goes according to plan, we will have sites all the way down to Fort Myers before the end of June. A site in Tifton is just a few weeks behind, but should be opening by the end of this month."

I wonder where that first location in FL is.

Hey guys, I was at the Lehigh Valley Mall on Saturday and didn't see any construction going on. That said, I wasn't the driver, so I didn't get to drive around the entire mall looking. I only saw maybe 30% of the parking lot. I'll be back in the area in 3 weeks with a car, so I'll try to carve out time to scope it out more thoroughly.

A member of the Atlanta FB group emailed Tesla about Macon, GA. Their response is below.

"Thank you for your note. I was excited to see the pictures attached! Macon is just the first stop along I-75 south of Atlanta and due to open this week. If all goes according to plan, we will have sites all the way down to Fort Myers before the end of June. A site in Tifton is just a few weeks behind, but should be opening by the end of this month."

I wonder where that first location in FL is.

See my post at Florida superchargers on 75 and Atlanta, GA to Fort Myers, FL - Google Maps.

I predict Gainesville, FL.

That's what I was thinking too. Should have some people in that area to scout it out. I know Gators fans will like the destination charge.

Gainesville is a good spot for a SC I agree. I wonder about somewhere closer to the turnpike to allow travel to I-95, and the obvious double location of Lake city (I-10 and I-75)

And as for Gator fans ... :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator: