Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, and you can't drive from Chicago or Pittsburgh to NYC without detouring south to practically Baltimore.

I took the Canada route back to CT from Detroit to (rather than the Baltimore detour on the way there). Every time I passed a rest area on the NY Thruway I was irritated that there were no superchargers on the route. On the other hand, I did have a 4 hour charge on Lake Onondaga outside Syracuse and went for a lovely bike ride.

Unfortunately, very few of those were in North America, so Texas is still and island.

Yes, but progress with 2 permits confirmed. http://supercharge.info/
Capture.PNG

Jerry - I'm with you on that point (while it is not an island, Michigan only has one Super Charger). The more I think about it, the more it appears Tesla will complete the 2015 North America map "Late 2016 / Early 2017."

And the "meta state" of MA, VT, NH, and ME still has exactly zero SCs. In fairness, MA has two under construction.

And the "meta state" of MA, VT, NH, and ME still has exactly zero SCs. In fairness, MA has two under construction.

Yes, but Vermaineshire (VM) only has a population of 3 million, with incomes lower in the north. Really, aside from people getting to the 200,000 vacation/seasonal rental homes and other tourism I can't see much use for Superchargers North of Boston.

Yes, but Vermaineshire (VM) only has a population of 3 million, with incomes lower in the north. Really, aside from people getting to the 200,000 vacation/seasonal rental homes and other tourism I can't see much use for Superchargers North of Boston.

While I agree that the NEast does not have to be saturated with SCs. Minimally it would be good for long distance travel to have Hocksett, NH: Portland, Maine and your choice in Vermont.

Those homeowners and tourists are a prime Tesla target - if only there were two or three Superchargers north of Boston...

I took the Canada route back to CT from Detroit to (rather than the Baltimore detour on the way there). Every time I passed a rest area on the NY Thruway I was irritated that there were no superchargers on the route. On the other hand, I did have a 4 hour charge on Lake Onondaga outside Syracuse and went for a lovely bike ride.

FYI, there is a 90A charger at the Best Western on Carrier Circle in Syracuse.

Yes, but progress with 2 permits confirmed. http://supercharge.info/
View attachment 60150
While it might seem that Europe got a lot of chargers lately Tesla seems to have trouble bridging Scandinavia (Sweden+Denmark+Norway) to Germany as the distance from the last Sc in Denmark and the first Sc in Germany is too far. With ca 5500 model S sold in Norway this is just not good enough. Many of us want to roam South.

There IS a Sc in Hamburg at approx halfway but that is only 2 stands and during Opening hrs only.

And Yes, there are plenty of 22kw chargers around but most require some form of membership card etc, often very tricky to get hold of for someone not from say Germany.

So: get the coverage for northern Germany in place ASAP!

Those homeowners and tourists are a prime Tesla target - if only there were two or three Superchargers north of Boston...
Yes, I forgot the virtual sarcasm tag.

Vermaineshire's (especially Vermaine) high percentage of vacation/seasonal homes and tourism gives it a very high "people who want to take their Tesla there" :"people there who would buy a Tesla" ratio.

Yes, I forgot the virtual sarcasm tag.

Vermaineshire's (especially Vermaine) high percentage of vacation/seasonal homes and tourism gives it a very high "people who want to take their Tesla there" :"people there who would buy a Tesla" ratio.

Missed the sarcasm last night - on reread "Doh!" Quick trigger finger because I'm very tired of waiting for superchargers promised last winter.

And because whenever I talk to likely Tesla buyers around here, that and lack of AWD are most often cited as reasons not to buy. Fortunately destination charging in ski country is improving thanks to efforts by owners, and with Hakka tires on my S I don't feel any less confident in the snow than with my old A4 Quattro. But this is a major purchase and real superchargers on the map, the Model X and a rumored Model S AWD would make a huge difference getting people over that risk hurdle.

Whenever there is an ice day in Dallas, the majority of vehicles I see in the ditch are four wheel drive vehicles. I believe this is because they don't stop any better than two wheel drive vehicles. This is one of those items where if you get stuck with two wheel drive it's because you don't have four wheel drive, but if you get stuck with four wheel drive it's in spite of having four wheel drive. Now certainly there are some places where four wheel drive will get you through and two wheel drive won't--assuming a competent driver--but those are not the majority of winter driving situations for most people (there are always some exceptions).

I just now looked at the thread title. Wow! are we ever way off topic here.

Missed the sarcasm last night - on reread "Doh!" Quick trigger finger because I'm very tired of waiting for superchargers promised last winter.

It's OK. I should change my location to "Maine via UK" so people are more likely to expect sarcasm/irony. My wife still can't always tell when I'm joking and she has plenty of practice.
And because whenever I talk to likely Tesla buyers around here, that and lack of AWD are most often cited as reasons not to buy. Fortunately destination charging in ski country is improving thanks to efforts by owners, and with Hakka tires on my S I don't feel any less confident in the snow than with my old A4 Quattro. But this is a major purchase and real superchargers on the map, the Model X and a rumored Model S AWD would make a huge difference getting people over that risk hurdle.

I have no doubt that And will help sales and I think that the Model X is going to sell better than the Model S in many locations. At the South Portland DEW event 2 of the showing 3 Model S owners had X reservations and 1 only had his S because they took so long with the X. Well, actually, I didn't ask the other S owner if he was looking into an X, nor the 2 other S owners who stopped by.