Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good job whoever put cones with Tesla Charging only stickers at JFK SC! It was an ICEing target with all those limos.

d5b048987bf7ecf6c987c3054408c0c1.jpg

Sam, I spend a lot more time here than the TM forum but this is one of the best threads over there...exploits of a 'vigilante' that places cones in SC parking spots to limit ICIng

http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/deice-man-cometh

Whenever there is an ice day in Dallas, the majority of vehicles I see in the ditch are four wheel drive vehicles. I believe this is because they don't stop any better than two wheel drive vehicles.

This. The reality is that the Model S traction control is so good, that I would drive anywhere with it (with snow tires) that I would drive a 4 wheel drive vehicle. The problem is that 95% of the population doesn't believe this and they believe that 4WD is a must for snow and ice. So IMHO, 4WD is a marketing necessity, but not a real need. Which is probably also why Tesla hasn't been prioritizing a 4WD model S, since they tend not to prioritize purely marketing features. They prefer instead to tackle real problems.

I mean, with all these forums and people running to the forums everyone their car burps, how many times have you read that their Model S got stuck in the snow?

Sam, I spend a lot more time here than the TM forum but this is one of the best threads over there...exploits of a 'vigilante' that places cones in SC parking spots to limit ICIng

http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/deice-man-cometh

Great thread & the cones are working, here is a tid bit from "Code Orange" writing talents...
Code Orange
They were clamoring for more installments, for more escapades. The Code Orange phenomenon was sweeping the country. He could no longer delay the inevitable. He had to tell his wife.
He dreaded the moment. He knew that she viewed him as an odd, lonely sort, with interior monologues rattling around his head. His Code Orange identity could only confirm her worst fears.
He told her everything. The purchase of the cones ("You hid them in the frunk?"); the online order for stickers ("Seriously? You bought stickers?"); the fending off of the ICEr at the Greenwich SC station ("He could have run you over. You have a wife!! A child!!"); the placement of cones at JFK ("You drove to JFK? The airport??").
He limped away, humiliated. That night, he dreamed that he was shackled to a chair, and before him appeared his wife, mcclary and Elon Musk, all attired in Connecticut State Trooper uniforms. "What was the point?" they asked, and then they threw tiny flags at him, each one embossed with an orange cone decal. "You're flagged!" they yelled, then they joined hands and ran off into the gathering mist.
He woke up, rivers of flop sweat pouring down his face. He found his wife sitting at the foot of the bed.
"Edison, NJ," she said. "That location is always ICEd. We need to act. And soon."
He realized then what he had always realized. That he loved his wife. And that she could probably benefit from therapy

surprising to me that they are avoiding Belarus on the 2016 map. Ukraine is getting superchargers assuming instability in the region isn't an issue? Is Belarus more unstable than Ukraine?

Ahh... anything beyond the current map is subject to a lot of change. Even the "Coming Soon" map is, in some ways, aspirational. The 2016 map is merely putting a stake in the ground, providing a guideline to what Tesla is thinking the scope of the project should be in that timeframe. The realities of finding sites, finding appropriate electrical connections, doing permitting, finding contractors, dealing with that pesky profit problem, and most importantly, customer feedback changes the realities significantly. Most likely, the single biggest change comes from people buying cars and stating to Tesla where they want to drive. Tesla watches this closely, so if you want Superchargers, the best thing is to buy the car and get your friends to buy the car and tell Tesla where you'd like Superchargers to go.

Yes, but Vermaineshire (VM) only has a population of 3 million, with incomes lower in the north. Really, aside from people getting to the 200,000 vacation/seasonal rental homes and other tourism I can't see much use for Superchargers North of Boston.

There is a country North of Vermont with a decent number of Supercharger-ready vehicles.