Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still no news on the five missing superchargers that are supposed to come online in the southern half of New Mexico in 2016. Not encouraging.

Don't worry. In 2015 Tesla said the route from Sydney to Melbourne (6 sites) would be done by the end of the year. By the middle of the year, only the two end "nodes" had been done. By November, they had completed the route.

Of course some areas do get bumped. But they are going up at a speedy rate at the moment. Perhaps they are focusing on the colder climate regions now, where construction will be difficult over winter?

tgtoOMG.jpg

At the Roseville SC, the spot to the left was open, literally the next spot over and beyond were open yet this mother****** had to block a station

Nothing pisses me off more than people who do this

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: tinm and SW2Fiddler
Look closely at the parking signs: he's parked in one of the slots that allows general parking. (You can see the start of the word "general", and the adjacent spot allows 60 minute general parking.)

I mean, he's being a jerk, of course. But impounding or booting would unfortunately not be appropriate.

Reactions: David99
it appears that you've never visited a SpC, the cords are very short, no more than 3-4 ft long.
I wouldn't advise anyone to anything that would provoke any sort of confrontation.

Look at the pic, you could get your port in range if you parked just right. Would also have the nice effect of blocking him in.

Perhaps I'm a tad biased, however, as Prius drivers here are the ones in the HOV lane doing 5 under the speed limit.

it appears that you've never visited a SpC, the cords are very short, no more than 3-4 ft long.
I have, but it was still under construction, plus it was the back-in layout.

I wouldn't advise anyone to anything that would provoke any sort of confrontation.
In that instance I wouldn't as there's an open spot behind the black Model S; however, if it was the only supercharger not being used I would. I would also stay close by.

Look closely at the parking signs: he's parked in one of the slots that allows general parking. (You can see the start of the word "general", and the adjacent spot allows 60 minute general parking.)

I mean, he's being a jerk, of course. But impounding or booting would unfortunately not be appropriate.
Good point. Many of the Supercharger Stations I have visited have about half the spaces with time-limited general parking and the other half are for Tesla use only. Perhaps it is done to help in negotiating space with landowners.

Purchasing a new S. My sales consultant told me that a Supercharger is currently under construction in Charleston WVA. I see from reviewing threads that this has been promised for years! Does anyone know if one is under construction or not?
do you believe everything a car salesman tells you?
tesla has been saying a service center is coming to jacksonville fl for years, in fact a location for it was on their maps, it still hasn't happened.
if that SpC is what pushes you over the edge to make the purchase and if you are depending on that particular SpC to use, I'd put a bit more thought into your purchase. I am not saying that a SpC isn't on the books but it's installation may not be imminent.

Purchasing a new S. My sales consultant told me that a Supercharger is currently under construction in Charleston WVA. I see from reviewing threads that this has been promised for years! Does anyone know if one is under construction or not?
Welcome to the forum Rmsosu.
supercharge.info is where you want to look for the latest on supercharger construction. As kort said I see nothing in West Virginia at this time. :(

Welcome to the forum Rmsosu.
supercharge.info is where you want to look for the latest on supercharger construction. As kort said I see nothing in West Virginia at this time. :(
I don't disagree with KORT677 on statements made by sales folks but supercharge.info is a collection of information from the TMC forums ( and a very valuable tool!) We have on occaision missed permitting and even construction of sites and been surprised. It is possible that if there are not avid supercharger sleuths in the Charleston area that the construction of a site might have been missed.

Reactions: emupilot and KJD

It's not shown on supercharge.info so it isn't likely to happen in the next few months. It might be months or longer before they start on it.