Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took a trip to LA from Sacramento, stopped to charge at Manteca, Harris Ranch, buttonwillow. All charged at no more than 170+ amps, coming back it was late at night, same thing, did not charge at more than 170+ amps
Then to add salt to the wounds, there was a line of 6 cars at Burbank, which had 2 stalls out of order, waited over an hour and a half to get a stall, then another hour+ to get enough range to get to buttonwillow
I only had 26 miles of range and was unable to go to Culver City

That is painful. What is also painful is that someone gave you a dislike. I hope it was a "dislike" that this occured, but maybe not. Now your profile has a dislike on it! :(

Reactions: AMPd
I just posted an interesting sighting I had on Sunday in Kayenta, AZ -- see here: Supercharger - Kayenta, AZ

Figured I'd post in this thread also. The sighting was an RV with the Tesla logo on one side (possibly both sides) that was parked at a Burger King. Kayenta has been on the Tesla Map for 2016 since the update in late 2015 -- and there is a Supercharger at a Burger King in Holbrook AZ, which is ~170 miles away (considered "close" in Northern AZ…), so it could be the same franchisee...

I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this RV. Could it be a mobile Tesla team that is working to secure Supercharger sites? Could this indicate the Kayenta Supercharge could be getting close to construction.

Here's a still from my dashcam where you can see the RV…
Kayenta Supercharger 2.jpeg

Pulled into the Grand Junction CO Supercharger on my way back from Salt Lake City and was alone as usual. By the time I had enough charge to get home I wasn't alone anymore:

29193905566_b7eeeae73c_z.jpg

Monday evening, 6:30 PM. Four of the six Superchargers in use is pretty unusual out here in the boondocks IME. Had a chance to explain pairing to two new Tesla owners on their first long road trips, both from California (each had picked a paired Supercharger and one had done the same with me in Green River UT). Since GJ is one of the older Supercharger Stations in the system, being part of the first intercontinental route, I think it is limited to a fairly slow 90kW. Not that my S60 charges anywhere near that fast most of the time.

Not exactly California crowds and waiting in line, but things are filling up even here.

Since GJ is one of the older Supercharger Stations in the system, being part of the first intercontinental route, I think it is limited to a fairly slow 90kW. Not that my S60 charges anywhere near that fast most of the time.
No, Grand Junction was installed long after supercharger power was increased to 120 kW. Anyway I think most if not all of the original 90 kW units were upgraded to 120 kW if not 135 kW.

• Informative
Reactions: dgpcolorado
I just posted an interesting sighting I had on Sunday in Kayenta, AZ -- see here: Supercharger - Kayenta, AZ

Figured I'd post in this thread also. The sighting was an RV with the Tesla logo on one side (possibly both sides) that was parked at a Burger King. Kayenta has been on the Tesla Map for 2016 since the update in late 2015 -- and there is a Supercharger at a Burger King in Holbrook AZ, which is ~170 miles away (considered "close" in Northern AZ…), so it could be the same franchisee...

I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this RV. Could it be a mobile Tesla team that is working to secure Supercharger sites? Could this indicate the Kayenta Supercharge could be getting close to construction.

Here's a still from my dashcam where you can see the RV…
View attachment 189569

Might the RV be entite to Tesla Weekend Socials?

No, Grand Junction was installed long after supercharger power was increased to 120 kW. Anyway I think most if not all of the original 90 kW units were upgraded to 120 kW if not 135 kW.

Given a lot of the early ones were in California I'd think it would be to everyone's benefit to upgrade those ones as soon as possible to get cars through faster, and keep queues down.

I believe Tesla introduced 120kW Superchargers in 4th quarter 2013, which is when the GJ installation occurred, so at the leading edge of the change. (They didn't go live until January 2014) The cabinets currently suggest they are still the 120 kW units, however as seen in @dpgcolorado's picture, the site does sport early (legacy?) stall design. :)
GJ SC sticker.jpg

I've been seeing more and more use of the GJ supercharger, but the only X I've ever seen is the one in dpg's post above. :cool:

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
I believe Tesla introduced 120kW Superchargers in 4th quarter 2013, which is when the GJ installation occurred, so at the leading edge of the change. (They didn't go live until January 2014) The cabinets currently suggest they are still the 120 kW units, however as seen in @dpgcolorado's picture, the site does sport early (legacy?) stall design. :)
View attachment 191806

I've been seeing more and more use of the GJ supercharger, but the only X I've ever seen is the one in dpg's post above. :cool:
My MX and I were there in June.

Does it seem like forward progress on new Superchargers in the US has completely stalled or is that just my perception. It doesn't help that the only change on the Tesla map has been a few grey to red transitions with nothing past 2016.

Does it seem like forward progress on new Superchargers in the US has completely stalled or is that just my perception. It doesn't help that the only change on the Tesla map has been a few grey to red transitions with nothing past 2016.

Tesla doesn't update their map all that often, check supercharge.info for the most current info -- including charts on progress.

• Informative
Reactions: EVie'sDad