Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The south one is V3 16 stalls at a Bucees that just opened in late 2022. Like the superchargers just went live in Feb 2023. I probably don't need to tell anyone what Bucees has.
Kudos to Bucees for seeing the value of EV charging and get ahead of it! Go Vols!

It'll be a very very long time before these to locations are needing expansion
But it will be half as long before they need expansion with slow (50 kW) charging EVs. It takes more than twice as many chargers to handle 50 KW EVs as it does 120 KW ones if you assume they all drive the same number of miles.
I'm sorry if you don't like that (I don't either) but its basic arithmetic.

• Funny
Reactions: dhanson865
Kudos to Bucees for seeing the value of EV charging and get ahead of it! Go Vols!

But it will be half as long before they need expansion with slow (50 kW) charging EVs. It takes more than twice as many chargers to handle 50 KW EVs as it does 120 KW ones if you assume they all drive the same number of miles.
I'm sorry if you don't like that (I don't either) but its basic arithmetic.
A couple of assumptions there. Just as Tesla no longer makes slow charging models, such as mine, faster charging EVs are becoming the norm from other car companies. Also, it is likely that the existing slow charging models will not be used as much for road trips as faster charging ones.

Supercharger Stations that already face lines seem unlikely to offer CCS compatibility, unless they are expanded with CCS designed sections (different parking layout, longer cables). Or Tesla switches to CCS in all its cars, as they did in Europe.

Supercharger Stations that already face lines seem unlikely to offer CCS compatibility, unless they are expanded with CCS designed sections (different parking layout, longer cables). Or Tesla switches to CCS in all its cars, as they did in Europe.
Even if Tesla switched to CCS in NA, they still wouldn't open all of the busy Superchargers. (Just like they haven't in Europe.)

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
A couple of assumptions there. Just as Tesla no longer makes slow charging models, such as mine, faster charging EVs are becoming the norm from other car companies. Also, it is likely that the existing slow charging models will not be used as much for road trips as faster charging ones.

. . . or Tesla could just charge slower charging cars proportionally more, thus raising the same revenue per car so they would have more money left to build out more charging stations and continue to support the electrification of our personal transportation.
Its called sustainability

unless my eyes tricked me it thought I saw in supercharge.info 120KW designation on the 8 stall SpC. But today I checked that site it shows 250kw for both.

Either my eyes tricked me or the guys managing that website are simply too fast.

unless my eyes tricked me it thought I saw in supercharge.info 120KW designation on the 8 stall SpC. But today I checked that site it shows 250kw for both.

Either my eyes tricked me or the guys managing that website are simply too fast.
We’re usually pretty quick, but this time it’s your eyes. I checked the edit history for both sites and they’ve always been 250 kW. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Electroman
. . . or Tesla could just charge slower charging cars proportionally more, thus raising the same revenue per car so they would have more money left to build out more charging stations and continue to support the electrification of our personal transportation.
Its called sustainability

In some states Tesla can't charge per KWH and needs to charge based on time used. In those states the slower charging cars are going to definitely be penalized.

Reactions: israndy
Someone needs to make a calculator that shows you what your are paying per kWh at those per Min. chargers so as the arrow starts to point to the sky you know it's time to unplug and come back later when you can charge quicker. Especially useful at the multi-tier locations so you can see it's time to move on even during the first tier. You can waste a lot of dollars before that second tier finally kicks in.

Perhaps Tesla could add that to its display, unless the plan is to go /kWh even in states that don't let you do that.

I know that some V4 chargers are set up to take non Teslas. Unfortunately there are none in the NW. NONE and who know how long it will be before we get some. Does Tesla sell an adaptor for non Tesla folks to connect like the ChadeMo adaptor? Was there any indication on expected roll out rate for V4’s and do all V4 adaptors have the magic dock adaptor?

I know that some V4 chargers are set up to take non Teslas. Unfortunately there are none in the NW. NONE and who know how long it will be before we get some.
There are no V4 chargers in the US. In fact, I don't think there are any anywhere. (There is one site in Europe that has the V4 posts, but they are hooked to V3 chargers, so maybe that site is a V3.5?)

Does Tesla sell an adaptor for non Tesla folks to connect like the ChadeMo adaptor?
No, and they likely won't. They want to control which sites are open to non-Teslas.

Was there any indication on expected roll out rate for V4’s and do all V4 adaptors have the magic dock adaptor?
Only that there will be ~3,500 stalls open by the end of next year.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
This Electrek article has a picture of the V4 pedestals:

First look at Tesla's first V4 Supercharger Station

They look like tall urban Superchargers to accommodate the longer cable and are centrally located in the parking space to reach charge ports on either side of the car.

Since the European Superchargers use CCS2 plugs, I would guess that the North American ones would have space for a Magic dock on the side. I don't see Tesla switching to CCS1 in North America anytime soon, unless forced to by legislation.

• Informative
Reactions: KJD and XHabjab
Maybe Walmart should just partner up with Tesla on DC Fast Charge instead of building it own network.

I'm actually happy to see another fast charging network with retail experience (albeit aggressive) that isn't a sentence for crimes committed. They may be motivated to actually do a good job and make it work.