Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spotted on the interwebs:

C0A9FF7F-BC5E-4D22-8435-7AAEE85F65DF.jpeg

That BS is so transparent I can see China through it!

The temperature of the globe is a function of the concentration of greenhouse gasses, not their rate of emission. And many of them persist for hundreds of years. Bringing greenhouse emissions to net zero does not reduce the concentration of previously emitted pollutants to zero. Therefore, warming will continue until the emitted pollutants are brought back into balance.

The fossil fuel industry is looking for any excuse to NOT take drastic action to solve our climate crisis.

I agree with you, but as the ocean is probably not saturated, I can imagine that if we get it to net zero, the CO2 concentration in the atmosphere will slowly get lower. (Of course, the ocean gets more acidic, which is not without consequences). Also, methane will be broken down slowly, which also helps.
But then, I’m not very optimistic. The slower we act, the more methane is released from parts where it is current locked up (tundras etc). Once, that ball gets rolling, the relative contribution by EVs, solar etc to solve the climate issue is diminished.

But if they can't ramp 4680 cell supply or work out the kinks of the structural battery pack for Giga Berlin, I'm not sure what that does to Berlin Model Y in 2022 -- maybe not close to 150K produced there.
That is why Tesla is asking Panasonic and presumably the other battery companies to start making cells in the 4680 size. That way they can align all their vehicles to the new size/structural pack. If things go well for in-house battery production then the high end models like plaid and tri-motor CT will get the Tesla cells, and the lower end models will get the legacy cells. Same size "pack", same number of cells potentially, just a big difference in capacity.

Or if things don't go well for the ramp they can do things like delay the tri-motor truck and instead just sell the lower trims until they can ramp. Obviously batteries are a concern but I think Tesla is doing an amazing job at managing that risk and building flexibility into their production plans.

We’ve been in this 720-740 channel for 10 hours of trading now. Usually that means another leg up shortly if the trend continues, but I don’t expect it to break through 750 very easily. I’d like to see it tickle the underbelly of 750 though.
Nah. If it weren't for macros, TSLA would have blown through $750 yesterday like it was nothing.

Let's get a couple of days past Georgia and see what happens.

Benzinga - half hour ago: 10 Consumer Discretionary Stocks Showing Unusual Options Activity In Today's Session

Excerpt:

Symbol PUT/CALL Trade Type Sentiment Exp. Date Strike Price Total Trade Price Open Interest Volume

TSLA PUT SWEEP BULLISH 01/08/21 $700.00 $108.0K 9.1K 18.8K

For TSLA (NASDAQ:TSLA), we notice a put option sweep that happens to be bullish, expiring in 3 day(s) on January 8, 2021. A trader bought 200 contract(s) at a $700.00 strike. This particular put needed to be split into 28 different trades to become filled. The trader or institution spent $108.0K on this trade with a price of $540.0 per contract. There were 9124 open contracts at this strike prior to today, and today 18819 contract(s) were bought and sold.
Somewhat bought 200 put contracts at a $700 strike expiring Friday... why is that bullish? What am I missing?

I agree with you, but as the ocean is probably not saturated, I can imagine that if we get it to net zero, the CO2 concentration in the atmosphere will slowly get lower. (Of course, the ocean gets more acidic, which is not without consequences). Also, methane will be broken down slowly, which also helps.
But then, I’m not very optimistic. The slower we act, the more methane is released from parts where it is current locked up (tundras etc). Once, that ball gets rolling, the relative contribution by EVs, solar etc to solve the climate issue is diminished.
Don't forget another tipping domino: As ice on the poles and glaciers melt, Earth's albedo (I think it means whiteness?) reduces and less heat is reflected, leading to ever more warming. Vicious circle.

This has very little to do with instant release of GHG but adds to the cumulative effect. Not easily reversed; certainly not on human life-term scales.

So stop dithering, peoples! (Greta has now come of age. Welcome!)

Edit: Oh carp. Failed to include two parent posts to the one I was replying to. Sorry. Can still be traced. :oops:

Tesmanian - today: Tesla Giga Shanghai Model Y Gets 'Bioweapon Defense Mode' with HEPA Filter

Excerpt:

The Tesla HEPA Filter and Bioweapon Defense Mode have repeatedly proven their usefulness, and even vital necessity. Until recently, only the Model S and Model X had an air-cleaning feature, but this has changed recently. The HEPA filter and thus the Bioweapon Defense Mode are now available in the China-made Model Y.

That would be swell, but I feel like TSLA has gained so much in the past year that it will take a few years to settle down and grow more conservatively now. Much of the future growth is already priced in as the market has finally woken up to what Tesla is doing. It will take new surprises and innovations to spur that kind of growth again in my opinion. Like the robotaxi fleet actively roving, or the Model 2 in production, etc.

Long term TSLA is going to explode into huge valuations, I just feel we are going to see a breathing period for a few years now. I'm expecting more like 0.5X - 1X per year for the stock for a few years now as things consolidate. Again, I do hope you are right and I am wrong of course!!!

Oh, Bob’s cousin.

Tesmanian - today: Tesla Giga Shanghai Model Y Gets 'Bioweapon Defense Mode' with HEPA Filter

Excerpt:

The Tesla HEPA Filter and Bioweapon Defense Mode have repeatedly proven their usefulness, and even vital necessity. Until recently, only the Model S and Model X had an air-cleaning feature, but this has changed recently. The HEPA filter and thus the Bioweapon Defense Mode are now available in the China-made Model Y.
Hope this is added to the US version before my order goes through.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Indeed, it appears that the anonymous Benzinga reporter mistakenly wrote either the word "bought" or the word "bullish".

And the pricing.. $540 implies a $5.40 option price and it never got that low in the last month (bottomed at ~$10 on the 29th)

Doh, its the put, not the call. Thanks for the correction @Curt Renz

Last edited:
Can you guys please quick come over to the iHub message board and destroy this clown called “Boston”. I’ve been posting on that forum for years and he shows up, somehow becomes a moderator and starts deleting my posts. Garbage.
Please help me destroy this clown. His estimates for Q4 was 50K shy of a record

• Disagree
Reactions: Stone_Watcher