Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Somehow I have a feeling you will not see the 25K model until capacity caught up with demand for the S3XY + Cybertruck.
Really unrelated because of location. The phase 3 of GF3 is almost certainly for the lower priced model. They are building that now. They will not introduce it until they can build it, because in China it would hurt demand for the Model 3. But the moment they can build them, it will come out, and those excess Model 3 will be moved to other markets. Also, it probably won't be $25k (dollar equivalent in China). It will probably be $30k before incentives.

At that point, I personally think Tesla will drop the price of the Model 3 and export heavily to neighboring markets like Australia, Korea, Japan etc. They will still make plenty of money on it at the lower price.

Well I agree about the EU, lots of competition there. I don't regarding China. There is competition there too; foolish to discount firms because they are Chinese. I view China as a poor investment but that's another story. Selling MIC vehicles in the EU may make a service headache for the EU service team as parts fail and repairs need to happen. It is not a small decision, every part on that MY is sourced in China, then you have to hope it works with the platform part sourced in the EU and/or the USA. Ughh, glad I'm not in charge of that logistics situation.
Thus far Chinese exported cars have been much higher quality than most others. The Buick Envision has the lowest warranty claim rate among all Gm vehicles in the US. so I am told. Reports of MIC Tesla exports have been uniformly positive. It seems odd to suggest China quality might be lower since the truth is quite the opposite.

Last edited by a moderator:
JPMorgan Asia always seems much more bullish than JPMorgan USA:

We all know the only $TSLA analyst that matters.................

1625861544577.png

Boring Company Project?

Boring company have land at Pflugerville, Bastrop, probably Giga Texas

Tesla are doing houses at Easton Park

2 airports nearby (1 big?)

Such a route skirts most of the high density usage & Boring might have / be able to get rights to run tunnels. All in their own back yard, real showcase of sustainable energy use. Transport, housing (HVAC) - what a vision of the future!

1625862001561.png

All fine but do we know for sure that the Y LR imported into Europe is actually coming from China. I am not sure where did this conclusion come from.
Tesmanian thinks so.

Thus far Chinese exported cars have been much higher quality than most others. The Buick Encore has the lowest warranty claim rate among all Gm vehicles in the US. so I am told. Reports of MIC Tesla exports have been uniformly positive. It seems odd to suggest China quality might be lower since the truth is quite the opposite.
You might be thinking of the Buick Envision, which is exported from China to the US. The Encore is made in Korea.

Thus far Chinese exported cars have been much higher quality than most others. The Buick Encore has the lowest warranty claim rate among all Gm vehicles in the US. so I am told. Reports of MIC Tesla exports have been uniformly positive. It seems odd to suggest China quality might be lower since the truth is quite the opposite.
I expect the EU buyer acceptance of these China export models to work toward helping to mollify the irrational FUD that has been generated in China by dastardly interests. If they're good enough for Bavaria, they should be good enough for Beijing.

Forward Observer

Asking the question. What if the Tesla opponents in Germany use as a screen the political opposition most opportunistic to them; wolf in sheep clothing, to legally oppose Tesla GF Berlin.

Bottom line, who might be shifting money to fund opposition to GF Berlin to a group wanting to protect lizards or snakes. Can you read between the tea leaves? I am trying to be short and concise without naming names or pointing fingers.

Fossil fuel does not care about life, let alone jobs ~ be they German, Chinese or Other.

Tesla fought similar battles against independent car dealerships.

Opposition is always difficult ~ the losers here are jobs and alternative fuel sources. Having said that; the flip side is the loss of displaced fossil fuel workers.

Reactions: gillfoto
Irrelevant? We’re on a Tesla Investor Forum… why would we not spend our time over analyzing scenarios and thinking through possibilities? As long as we’re not spewing FUD (Which neither of us have IMO), it’s all just good conversation.

I disagree with your “more than once” comment. I don’t recall this ever happening before.

When has Tesla imported a vehicle variant ~3 months before a next-Gen version of that variant is scheduled to be delivered? Does it not raise an eyebrow that without notice - they are importing “older gen” vehicles form elsewhere in the world when the timing is so close?

Again - I am not trying to suggest there is a demand problem. I outlined 3 scenarios and mentioned my money is on the most bullish!
I explained why it’s irrelevant - it doesn’t change anything from an investment perspective. It’s just that simple.

Tesla makes hundreds of engineering changes week after week. Some more obvious than others. That’s right from the CEO’s mouth. So every shipment of vehicles IS an old version.

It’s been documented here what I need to see to raise a half eyebrow, let alone a full eyebrow.