Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else concerned about forward guidance on the earnings call? The delivery estimates for several models is now out to August or later…. Indicating a combination of high demand, but also supply chain pain.
Production seems fine based on videos. But the high demand is causing Tesla to sneakily upcharge by pulling higher margin trims forward and lower margin trim a year out. Many people are buying performance or LR models because they can get it within a reasonable time frame. Tesla obviously doesn't want you to order the poverty spec cars. If there was a huge supply chain disruption then all variants will be delayed, especially the LRs as they need more batteries per car and a 2nd motor.

So for supply chain issues, look at LRs being delayed more than SR(because Tesla can produce more SRs than LRs at any given time as it uses less materials and chips).

For demand increase, look for Sr being an after thought while all the expensive models are pulled forward.

Lol, anybody else remember 38 months ago when VW had the chance to BUY Tesla for $40B and they said no?

Well, that's now the worst investment decision in history. VW missed out on 20x ROI on a $40B investment in just over 3 years.

Now, they're hiring Elon as a Management Consultant. Wonder who does their taxes?

Cheers!
Rare disagree here Dodger.
If Vw bought Tesla 3 years ago...they would have set about "fixing" it.

In that process multiple bad things would have happened to slow down the company.

I can't think of a better team to charge full steam ahead better than the one we have.

In other words Tesla would not have grown nearly as much with different owners.

In that process multiple bad things would have happened to slow down the company.

I can't think of a better team to charge full steam ahead better than the one we have.

I don’t think Dodger meant to say buy the whole company. It was rumored Diess advised the VW board to buy TSLA shares.

Lol, anybody else remember 38 months ago when VW had the chance to BUY Tesla for $40B and they said no?

Well, that's now the worst investment decision in history. VW missed out on 20x ROI on a $40B investment in just over 3 years.

Now, they're hiring Elon as a Management Consultant. Wonder who does their taxes?

Cheers!

Perhaps, Tesla could (in 2-3 years) buy VW ?

They would have killed it out of fiduciary responsibility, for the rest of VW.

I need anti FUD help guys.

There is that financial independance group with a long standing member spreading constantly FUD about Tesla. He has been doing that over more than 3-4 years. He has shifted the view on Tesla for many Canadian MDs in the group over the years and has been bashing Tesla in the group of 10,000+ MDs. He has been praised as one the best investor over the years and the majority have been listening to his investment advices. He is deeply invested in oil and has just moved all his assets offshore because of the upcoming raise in capital gains from. Canadian government.

I have been enduring his anti-Tesla posts for couple years know but now it has reached a point of non sense that needs to be adresses. What approach would you recommend to counter his FUD? https://m.facebook.com/comment/repl...mention&notif_id=1634257519434959&ref=m_notif

He keeps linking CNN articles and his main arguments is that Chinese EV manufacturers bill beat Tesla price and quality and that nobody wants to own specifically a Tesla, that people want to own EVs and that’s what people are missing. He expects TSLA to reach a peak and collapse, he sold 75% of his position in 2020.
Sounds like another smart guy jealous of Musk ... MD are notoriously bad at investing so it does not surprise me ... yourself not included ;)

Reactions: LST
I think it may also just be GM's typical mindset. Lets make them modular and make our money on parts and service. The gobbledygook is just trying to convince the customers, which unfortunately often works.
OT
true that
2005 Prius, 258,000+ not plug-in, just hybrid
~1.2kw battery
replaced battery once around 150,000 as 1 module dead, Toyota wanted $3,500. - $5,000, 3rd party $1,600
(entire instrument panel died so speed was judged by mile marker signs)
replaced again around 215,000 miles (bought warranty so ~free + labor
died again 3rd time at around 258,000 in 2021, sold vehicle and parted out
parts and service

I don’t think Dodger meant to say buy the whole company. It was rumored Diess advised the VW board to buy TSLA shares.

@Unpilot

Yeah, the whole 420 thing was just a way to fend off a Saudi take-over of Tesla. MbS would truly have put the kibosh on Tesla's future (and ours).

Does anybody remember this chart from the day? Do you recall what time news broke that the Saudis had already taken a $2B stake in TSLA shares? Do you know what time Elon sent the "420" tweet?

capture_001_07082018_105446.png

Yeah. Causality and evidence: Two things that the Shortseller Enrichment Commission isn't concerned about. They're more like an "Omission". Well they can S*** Elon's C*** (and that's a quote from Elon).

Cheers!