Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back to earnings for a minute, what was it that caused the reduced ASP? Is it FX related? Sorry, I missed that part of the discussion.
My guess is greater supply of LFP batteries and therefore relatively more standard range 3/Y production vs LR/S/X. I think if they had the nickel cells available, we wouldn’t see longer wait times for LR models in China because they’d prioritize the higher trims.

You need to read her entire statement on Twitter, this is just a portion. As most of us know, Karen Rei has followed Elon and all things Tesla for a long time, but IMHO she does not know him as well as she thinks she does. With the mind he has, I doubt anyone (or very few people) do.

Elon himself has directly debunked the idea of calling it a 2, multiple times.

Not sure why a few in here keep insisting on using the name despite clear evidence it's not the name

How about "We're number one, but we still try harder!"

Reactions: FSDtester#1
How about S3XY BST? Model B for the little guy, S for Semi, and cyberTruck. 😂
Why are people trying so hard to break/change the joke Elon is working so hard on:

1666367954213.png

S3XY CARS

They just need to get the ATV design finished and released. (Really, I'm surprised that they don't have the ATV there with a link to the Cyberquad for kids.)

There is nothing reasoned or balanced about WallStreet’s pov. He’s telling a fictional story on behalf of crooks. That makes him an accomplice or the village idiot (should he actually believe the bs he tweets). You’re saying it’s the former because of his mild bullish stance and admittance of Tesla’s future. Yeah, that shouldn’t bother anyone, huh?
Yea, these analyst are complicit in the machinations of the giant machines they work for.

Back to earnings for a minute, what was it that caused the reduced ASP? Is it FX related? Sorry, I missed that part of the discussion.
Agree with the response above stating that ASP hit is mostly mix driven (from China portion) but FX was independently a significant headwind as well. The slide deck calls out 250 million or about 8c per share.

Need to figure if this will continue this quarter as well. @The Accountant estimated a smaller impact if I recollect correctly. Not sure if he was able to reconcile.

Edit: We probably need the 10Q for that.

Last edited:
As I've mentally gone through the alphabet and a few numbers, I find myself leaning towards the Model i. Gotta be lower case. Then a listing of the non truck vehicles could be iS3XY or S3XYi...
Kinda fits, whaddya think?
I am betting on "U"

U S3XY!

---

Mod: okay, everyone had their fun with naming Tesla's new model. Time to move on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Damn, my red Model 3 is very jealous!

And yes, IMO this is on topic since the wait list went to 7 months overnight for this color. Amazing demand lever.
Herein is the difference b/w tesla and legacy auto. Intro new paint color which looks stunning in internet low res photos. Not EV related, not space related, not FSD related, just plain old manufacturing. Way to go Giga Berlin!

Damn, my red Model 3 is very jealous!

And yes, IMO this is on topic since the wait list went to 7 months overnight for this color. Amazing demand lever.
Damn, I really wish they had these colors in China. To see the whole demand decline thesis destroyed by the introduction of two color variations would have been priceless. :cool: