Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA is behaving no different than last 13 years. short term sp unpredictable but long term is extremely bright, in my personal opinion.
even if sp drops to $100 it would still be within range of expectancy and sp could potentially be $2000+ within a few years
i have zero concerns and absolutely no desire to panic sell at bottom
happy that TSLA remains range bound between $100 to $200 which is a great buying opportunity for long term shareholders
thrilled to be a shareholder of this astoundingly innovative company. there is no better investment in the entire market in my opinion
not financial advice

Waiting for the bottom to hit. I'm not selling, mind you, but I've lost enough money on this slide over the last month to hit pause.

How many shares did you sell? 🤔 That is the only way you could have lost money, isn't it? 🤷‍♂️

If you didn't sell, then, you didn't lose anything at all. You own TSLA shares, not dollars. :cool:

Remember the wisdom of Warren Buffett:
"Be Fearful when others are greedy,
and Greedy when others are fearful"​

Next, think about how many shares you would like to own the next time there is a split.

HODL

Last edited:
How many shares did you sell? 🤔 That is the only way you could have lost money, isn't it? 🤷‍♂️

If you didn't sell, then, you didn't lose anything at all. You own TSLA shares, not dollars. :cool:

HODL
Buffett might not be the best one to quote when convincing someone to hold TSLA shares. :)

I guess the regular posters are still sleeping so: (elon tweet)

"At some point, we should probably do advertising as art/communication/entertainment & to support high quality media"

Anyway, regarding S Korea being too small, I am currently on holiday there, having just come from Japan. Japan has a few Teslas, South Korea.... I think I've seen one. There is a huge opportunity here for Tesla to sell well. Its not like Koreans don't like cars, or don't spend on nice ones, and its not like they don't like high tech stuff either.
Very very apartment-block based though. Destination charging a must. But I look forward to Tesla doing way better in this market in future, even if it does not get a dedicated factory.

Since 2020 the search has been on for high quality media to support. /s

No luck so far... 😁

I can’t tell for sure if either of you are joking. In case you aren’t….LEAPs are usually far more volatile and I had assumed @Surfer of Life was being sarcastic….?
That wasn't sarcasm:
Quick fix: buy LEAPS instead. Those shares will suddenly seem just lovely!

Not advice.
Shares that are down X% look a lot better than leaps that are down multiples of that (or expire worthless).

Also:

Next, think about how many shares you would like to own the next time there is a split.

HODL
So then wouldn't you rather own more shares than less? Given a fixed income, that requires buying shares at a lower price.
If you don't mind buying at a higher price than you could have, we should talk... 😉

Grow some b…..lls ! Are u only in for the good times ?
These are worrying times if you're heavily into TSLA. The company continues to excel but the macro environment is horrible, and the relentless FUD has essentially worked in holding down the SP through the good times until the bad macro environment can finish the job.

Where is the end to this? If the FED stops increasing rates then it'll help, but most people will still be poorer and less able to afford discretionary goods like high-end cars until such time as wages catch up with inflation, if they ever do. High energy costs manifesting as huge increases in electricity prices (now abating thankfully, but still subject to macro volatility) are really not helping EV adoption.

On the upside: Hopefully the worst will be over within 6-12 months and Tesla will have weathered the storm better than most, but it's not guaranteed, even on a level playing field, something that Tesla has never been allowed to play on.

Lots of people are canceling their car orders in Norway.

The Bilia dealerships who sell cars from BMW, Volvo, Toyota, Lexus, Mini, Jaguar, Land Rover, Morgan and Xpeng said last year this time they had 8460 orders in - this year it's 4007.

Inflation and rising interest rates is cited as some of the issues customers face. Along with increased EV taxes and weakening valuta in Norway.

The Tesla price cuts have also made people cancel car orders, mr. Hebnes says.

And there is a clear connection between the launch of the Toyota bZ4X - who were too outside of what is acceptable in range tests - and the number of cancellations.

Møller who imports everything VAG including VW and Audi says they are not surprised by the cancellations given the delays in deliveries.

Bertel O. Steen who imports Mercedes don't see the same trend and have no more cancellations than usual.

Billia says used car sales have increased 20% and that higher EV taxes and energy prices have increased the demand for fossils and hybrids.

Source: Forhandlergigant: Rekordmange avbestilte elbilen

Last edited:
Interesting... too much demand in other RHD markets (UK..)? Or just a glitch..

Billia says used car sales have increased 20% and that higher EV taxes and energy prices have increased the demand for fossils and hybrids.
I do not actually believe them on this, the article does not mention reduction in orders for Tesla (although that is the car they picture), I rather suspect them to have increased - rather than fossils and hybrids having done so.

But we will see (except, we will have forgotten this particular claim by then…)

Edit: I do believe that used cars increase probably have happened, but not generally the latter «increased the demand for fossils and hybrids» part.

Last edited:
Hmmmm. OUR Teslas are green and blue. Why do they sell (especially for rentals) white Teslas in Iceland? Our rental today:
IMG_0112.jpeg

I do not actually believe them on this, the article does not mention reduction in orders for Tesla (although that is the car they picture), I rather suspect them to have increased - rather than fossils and hybrids having done so.

But we will see (except, we will have forgotten this particular claim by then…)

Edit: I do believe that used cars increase probably have happened, but not generally the latter «increased the demand for fossils and hybrids» part.

Well, supply constraints are lifting, and the used market and prices are softening, so I can absolutely believe that there'd be an increase in new and used vehicle sales. But also, new ICEV sales will be banned from 2025, and some manufacturers have been moving ahead of that, so it makes sense that there'd have been a number of people who had deferred ICEV purchases to get one at more reasonable pricing, closer to the deadline.

• Helpful
Reactions: JoRoMo
This whole word of mouth thing was fine when demand exceeded production. Now, production exceeds demand. Tesla needs to get to the next set of users that are not tech savvy people. Let’s say there is a limited tax credit (as was the case until April 18), why not advertise the heck out of it saying you can get a Tesla Model 3 RWD for 35K? Not many people follow what’s happening to tax credits or incentives at the federal level or state level. People don’t even know how much a Tesla costs.
Elon just said on the quarterly call that demand >production.

Do you think he's lying?

Time in the market >>>>> Timing the market. 🤔
It's a nice sound bite, but getting in as soon as one can should not be the only factor evaluated. Regarding TSLA, there is only a one and a half month window in the past 29 months where one would be up currently (benefit of hindsight, of course). What happens going forward, who can say...

Stock price now = stock price Jan 26, 2023 = stock price Dec 16, 2022 = stock price Nov 16, 2020 = stock price Aug 26, 2020.

Yahoo:
SmartSelect_20230427_083047_Firefox.jpg