Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ralph Nader is another guy that ate too many candy canes as a child. My guess is that Tesla will continue flying right through any major market correction. Other car manufactures will find sales wanting.

This is not advise ~ my gut speaking. Just had my am coco and looking out at the rain on the lake.
The fact that Nader isn't all in on Tesla is evidence that he is past his prime.

Current gen Teslas are the safest cars out there and FSD will make his safety campaign back in the day seem quaint.

The fact that Nader isn't all in on Tesla is evidence that he is past his prime.

Current gen Teslas are the safest cars out there and FSD will make his safety campaign back in the day seem quaint.
Would not surprise me if he is being paid to lobby on behalf of shorts, big auto, big oil, or some combination thereof. They may have hooked him in with their "unintended acceleration" BS.

I've opened a small weekly put position and used a covered call to pay for a September (when I can sell for long term cap gains) 570/380 put spread to protect half of my long term position. I've never felt better about the future of the company. But the short term is trending bearishly at the moment. Hoping for a quick fall so I can leverage up with options again! :)

With my luck and the strong tailwinds it probably wont happen though. GL all!

Apparently by conflating the words Nader and Tesla, the modern media believes it will gather clicks (eyeballs). We must wonder who alerted the media to Nader's recent tweets?

In the cases of Tesla and the stock market in general, Nader is far outside his area of expertise. His related tweets make obvious his ignorance in this sphere. Why is he commenting on such matters? Needs attention? Sells short? :rolleyes:

I was tuning into CNBC squawk box just earlier and they had the CEO of Nebia on to promote his new fancy shower head. He likened it to the Tesla Model 3 in terms of its improvement over the original. I’m sure those CNBC hosts are sick and tired of talking Tesla so it was great to see it being stealthily mentioned in a positive way!
For the last decade Apple has been the Kleenex of design excellence, the brand associated with excellent design and well thought innovation. It seems like Tesla and Elon through his brands is taking on the mantle of brand identification for innovation and design excellence and leadership.

For Tesla to be broadly valued as a tech stock, without being called "overvalued" by half of the market, they'll have to demonstrate more FSD milestones I suspect.

The main feature that defines tech valuation is software, hardware or service licensing income, with low capital expenses. That is the feature that drives the profitability of Amazon or Apple: scaling up revenue doesn't increase capital costs nearly as much.

This is why 100x-200x earnings multiples can be realistic.

In car manufacturing every expansion of sales is capital intensive, and profits must be able to finance the next generation of factories.

So I believe the next big paradigm change for Tesla valuation will come either with FSD features that project a near term Tesla Network launch - or Dreadnought and Battery Tech Day capex projections that are either much lower or scale up much better than typical automotive capital costs.

FSD is certainly a huge part of it, but that’s not the only software service they have. They’re also currently selling the premium connectivity on a subscription basis. And with the increasing focus on entertainment features, it likely won’t be long before they start to sell some of those games/etc, rather than giving them away. Right now, that’s circa 500k users. Interesting things will happen when it’s more like 10+ million.

Interesting (paywall article):

Renault Is Downgraded to Sell. Citi Says the Car Maker Is Running Out of Cash.

Renault shares tumbled on Thursday as Citigroup downgraded the French car maker’s stock in a research note titled “Running out of cash, Nissan stake sale may be only option.”

The stock (ticker: FR:RNO) dropped 5.1% to €36.99 ($40.87)—around its lowest level since the end of 2012. The shares have fallen 12% already in 2020 and have plummeted 58% in the past two years.

Ugh I just want earnings to get here already. I don't really care what the stock does over the next 4 trading days

Btw...…...15 million shares traded so far today...….near zero change in stock price o_O
This is what bots trading with bots looks like I guess. 15 million traded and nothing happened so far.