Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This video from Dave seems right to me especially the comments on a VPP being a source of ongoing revenue, and this being related to Tesla energy Q1 results.

I am waiting to see what (if anything) Tesla does with Solar and Batteries in Australia.

My hunch is we may also see bundled solar and batteries, and Tesla stepping up efforts to sell more solar.

So I assume more inventory of Powerwalls will become available, just selling solar will not be necessary or profitable.,

I also think having a pool of future customers for VPPs is a big driver.

No No No

VPP (Virtual People Personality by the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation) is NOT a good idea.

Do you really want your Powerwall greeting you as you walk by? ;)

This is so true. It is as a smart man once said "game set and match"

1619096365682.png

I’m disheartened by the fact that people (general) are content to simply jump to conclusions in the first place. Nobody (general majority) ever wants to wait until all FACTS are presented before forming an opinion. Worse yet, everybody (general majority) wants to spout off at the top of their lungs that uninformed opinion. I’ll skip the why people do that. And then, when it’s been shown that their opinion was garbage, pretend it didn’t happen and go look for another opportunity to rinse and repeat because there’s no motivation to learn and better themselves.

*crawling back into bed as the broken world seems a bit too daunting to take on before caffeine alcohol*

Don’t I know it......

Lucky for the group my RotoThump BabyShreikers™ have been installed on the motherboard and it totally fits on the H-Axis!

Gordo better pop those suspenders because this thing is going to be running full blast.
Basicly the machine will run until either there is no more flesh or the paddles completely brake loose from the axle. It’s not going to be pretty either way.
I recommend you this youtuber, he has a number of improved designs for slapping machine.

Jumping in quickly to reply without first reading any previous responses (sorry, MOD, in a hurry to vax)

A number of members have dire copyright warnings etc in their signature.

THAT IS USELESS
since sigs are only visible to members who are signed-in. And it's a fair bet malevolents are not signed-in.
So they never see the exhortations of privacy (as if they would care even so ... )

They're useless because since 1989 you ALREADY have copyright on anything that can by copyrighted without an explicit notice.

(though the folks posting those notices on some social media sites are even MORE hilarious, since the terms of service already state you are granted the site rights to use anything you post there even if you have IP rights to that content)

Red days, green days, up days, down days.
Don't forget that Gordon is a clown days.

Elon is pushing back against FUD on twitter. He seems annoyed. I wonder if this will translate into any action at the Mothership.
They're useless because since 1989 you ALREADY have copyright on anything that can by copyrighted without an explicit notice.

(though the folks posting those notices on some social media sites are even MORE hilarious, since the terms of service already state you are granted the site rights to use anything you post there even if you have IP rights to that content)
For sure on something like FB. On TMC I think it's less clear. I don't expect it to really do anything, but if someone screens one of my posts I want it to include something saying that I don't consent. Mostly a joke, but I want them to know that I know.

Reactions: Hytra
That, actually, would probably improve efficiency. It would be eliminating one AC to DC to AC round trip, by charging the powerwalls directly with DC current.
Which is exactly why the first thing I did was change my Powerwalls to something other than "self powered". The technician installing them didn't know that there is a 10% loss round trip. FPL doesn't have TOU, so it makes no sense to me to be cycling my batteries every night and also losing 10% extra.
I know Tesla has a huge shortage of batteries for Powerwalls, but I find this very concerning. There are thousands of people like me that already have solar and want to add backup power, and Tesla is/was the best choice out there. With Tesla out of the game, I have been looking at alternatives for a friend, but they are either a lot more expensive (Sunpower), or you have to use their inverters (Generac). I hope someone else steps in to fill the void they are leaving.

Which is exactly why the first thing I did was change my Powerwalls to something other than "self powered". The technician installing them didn't know that there is a 10% loss round trip. FPL doesn't have TOU, so it makes no sense to me to be cycling my batteries every night and also losing 10% extra.
I know Tesla has a huge shortage of batteries for Powerwalls, but I find this very concerning. There are thousands of people like me that already have solar and want to add backup power, and Tesla is/was the best choice out there. With Tesla out of the game, I have been looking at alternatives for a friend, but they are either a lot more expensive (Sunpower), or you have to use their inverters (Generac). I hope someone else steps in to fill the void they are leaving.

I run self-powered, but for different reasons: to be as close to 100% self-sufficient as possible. At night, even here, the grid power is still mostly dirty power coming from gas plants, etc.. I work from home, so excess solar can be put into the cars to charge during the day. I understand most people don't have this option, as they have a commute, but for us, we chose a pattern that we hope results in lower emissions, instead of absolute peak efficiency.