Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see why Tesla would have purposely taken it out of service mode when taking it for more service,

It was going to a non-Tesla site for the wrapping to be repaired. They have no idea about Tesla-specific things, and as such I wanted to be sure that battery did not fall to dangerous level. It was there a week, I have no log data, it was charged before being driven back to me but logging was not turned back on until after that ... by the guy (insurance company's delivery people)that drove it back.

he ability to turn off remote access is hardly a secret trick that only Tesla can do

Sure, although at the time I didn't know that. Eventually Tesla sent me the steps to do that in an email. But either way, it would have been much easier if Tesla had done that remotely rather than try to get the insurance company to get their middle-man agent to get the wrapping company to ... you get the idea. Instead Tesla just gave me the run-around.

Its come back from Service with none of the faults fixed, and now we have horrific wind noise at 40 MPH, let alone faster (from the insurance fix to the door which was the primary reason it went in), plus I cannot get my wrist down to adjust the seat controls. I can't remember what the clearance was before, but I don't remember it being really tight to get my hand in there (it isn't on the passenger side, which was not subject to repair), but equally I can't imagine why the door placement would be different to before.

They've also managed to muck up the saved driver settings. The car was supposed to be trailered to Tesla, between body shop and service, and to wrapping, and back to me. They only bothered with the first leg (and possibly Service to Wrapping as I have no logs for that).

New lesson learnt: change the Driver to some innocuous named-setting, so any accidental changes don't muck up your own settings. Its not a big problem, obviously, but various things, tuned over time, I now stumble over on each journey.

Love the car, despair at Tesla Back Office processes, and lack of any apparent improvement over the last 18 months.

Sorry, should have thought to add this earlier:

I also use Remote-S phone APP - that reported the car's location as charging at some Supercharger a couple of hours away. Now think that was the last place I had had that APP open. But it was reporting data as "now" and "xx minutes to go", so clearly wrong (once I realised and stopped believing that someone had taken the car there!)

However, the Tesla APP (which I don't use, so didn't try that at the time I made the original posts) showed "Car in service mode" or similar. If I'd tried that first ...

First I want to say what an awesome program this is. I have an issue that I believe I have tried everything so asking for guidance.

I have a Dec 2017 built Model S AP2.5 that will not go into sleep mode.

Software Version 2017.50.2 3bd9f6d

Here is a list of things I have tried.
Car settings are as follows: UMC plugged in, Energy Savings enabled, Always Connected Off, Cabin overheat disabled. Car is in a garage 55 degrees.

I have reset Tesla password and received a new API Token
Logged out of Tesla website and Apps on IOS phones

TeslaFi settings; Sleep Mode checked, Time to Try Sleeping 15, Idle Time before trying to Sleep 30. Also tried Try to Sleep requirement each different combo, no effect. Do not have Email/Text Sleep Alerts on, Verizon phone service.

Rebooted the car several different times, both displays.
Tesla KeyFobs well out of range
When car is locked iPhone Bluetooth disconnects from car

TeslaFi attempts to allow the car to go into Sleep mode for the standard 15 times and fails, giving the Vehicle Did not Fall Asleep note.

Looking at my Router logs Asus RT-AC68U and it's shows non stop traffic for the car (PARROT SA) mostly over the OpenVPN. Should there be traffic while the car is in a sleep state? Over the past 24 hours 83.71 MB downloaded through OpenVPN and 10.50 HTTP Protocol over TLS SSL. Uploads were 16.90 MB over OpenVPN and 8.20 MB over SSL/TLS.

Thanks in advance.

First I want to say what an awesome program this is. I have an issue that I believe I have tried everything so asking for guidance.

I have a Dec 2017 built Model S AP2.5 that will not go into sleep mode.

Software Version 2017.50.2 3bd9f6d

Here is a list of things I have tried.
Car settings are as follows: UMC plugged in, Energy Savings enabled, Always Connected Off, Cabin overheat disabled. Car is in a garage 55 degrees.

I have reset Tesla password and received a new API Token
Logged out of Tesla website and Apps on IOS phones

TeslaFi settings; Sleep Mode checked, Time to Try Sleeping 15, Idle Time before trying to Sleep 30. Also tried Try to Sleep requirement each different combo, no effect. Do not have Email/Text Sleep Alerts on, Verizon phone service.

Rebooted the car several different times, both displays.
Tesla KeyFobs well out of range
When car is locked iPhone Bluetooth disconnects from car

TeslaFi attempts to allow the car to go into Sleep mode for the standard 15 times and fails, giving the Vehicle Did not Fall Asleep note.

Looking at my Router logs Asus RT-AC68U and it's shows non stop traffic for the car (PARROT SA) mostly over the OpenVPN. Should there be traffic while the car is in a sleep state? Over the past 24 hours 83.71 MB downloaded through OpenVPN and 10.50 HTTP Protocol over TLS SSL. Uploads were 16.90 MB over OpenVPN and 8.20 MB over SSL/TLS.

Thanks in advance.
I'm not James but would like to give my 2 cents. When the car is downloading the firmware update it does not seem to sleep. At least that was my case. Once the new firmware is downloaded it started sleeping again.

I'm not James but would like to give my 2 cents. When the car is downloading the firmware update it does not seem to sleep. At least that was my case. Once the new firmware is downloaded it started sleeping again.
I think you might be correct. Even though I'm on the current Software Version 2017.50.2 3bd9f6d it's downloaded over 180 MB the past few days. This morning at 4am it just stopped downloading and went into Sleep Mode. I wonder if we'll see an Update in the next few days?

Reactions: hiroshiy
Odd, prior to this update my car had no issues sleeping. Today, TeslaFi is showing my car idling for the last 8+ hours. It also showed a strange value in the estimated completion of charging. Could it not be sleeping due to the cold weather? It's parked outside and the temp is around 5F. Is the charging estimator a clue as to why the car is not sleeping? All Apps have been closed out.

Thanks

Attachments

• teslafi.png
    teslafi.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 67
Scratch that, looks like it slept for an hour, then awoke, then fell back asleep. I do see several API Error - Data Request Timeout messages. I don't have the Tesla app open and I removed the Dashboard for Tesla app on my phone yesterday. Is there a setting or field I can add to the API output that can show me what is occurring? It's like it only slept for an hour at most down to the exact hour if you will.

Almost has me wondering if it's the same issue @scaesare mentioned https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/phantom-cabin-heater.104868/

Thanks for any help.

upload_2017-12-27_14-20-33.png

I don't have the Tesla app open and I removed the Dashboard for Tesla app on my phone yesterday

Bit of a pain, but might be worth changing the password and re-setting that on each APP in turn (starting with TeslaFi so you can see what's going on) to narrow it down.

As a family we are trying to be as Eco as possible, and anything that is "always on" on the off chance that I might need it annoys me. I don't have a solution though ... except that we have switches on everything that we can, such as TV, so that Off is Off

Maybe I should just focus on making enough of my own electricity that I don't have to worry about it .. bit tough at UK latitude, and Grey Weather!, in Winter

TeslaFi is showing the car "offline" while driving. Car came back from Service (the journey was logged) on 22-Dec, and recorded drives on 25-Dec, but nothing since. Haven't driven much, but noticed on short drive yesterday that the Network bar-graph ICON had a line through it - assumed that network was down in that (rural) area. But today's drive to work (40 miles, on highway, past large towns, normally logged) was not logged. Overnight charging has been logged, but the car is on Home WiFi then.

Latest software installed date is 20-Dec - so presumably not that.

Raw Data shows the car "offline" during drives (and online when at home, presumably via WiFi)

(FWIW TeslaLog has also not logged the same drives.)

I can't think that any settings (on dashboard) have changed. Didn't think to do a reboot, will try that later.

@WannabeOwner

So could you solve the API Error 405 by setting the remote access control back on ON.
I have this error since several days in the remarks column and TeslaFi isn't tracking any moves or charges although it still "pings" the car every minute.

IF so, what should be the setting, when you try to get the car to sleep.