Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaTracks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@bschippers718 Can two phones be paired to the same vehicle and submit trip data (one iOS, one Android)? Is trip data stored locally, or centrally? So will the view be aggregated across both sources? Asking in case trying it screws things up!

Yes and no. Two phone can be paired with one vehicle, but they will be treated as separate vehicles by the server. It won't screw anything up. Ben and his wife are my test case here, and we are able to tell which phone is on the car and keep the data and whatnot separate. This obviously breaks down if they are in the car together, since I can't tell who is driving. (Though come to think of it Ben does drive slower than his wife...)

However, the data will not be aggregated otherwise, and the system will track the cars as if they are seperate.

Yes and no. .... However, the data will not be aggregated otherwise, and the system will track the cars as if they are seperate.
Given you have the VIN, seems to me you should easily be able to aggregate this info. Same goes for tracking a trip - which ever phone gets registered as 'on the move' first owns that trip. Second phone just verifies that trip is still in progress according to the other phone.

I'd think there's a decent number of potential users where more than one person uses the car, and given that (as a user) you really want a consolidated view of the vehicles use.

Perhaps add a 'driver' (based on Phone ID) to each trip, so spouses can fight it out for who drives most efficiently, etc - but you want a complete view of the vehicle too - that's it, you want views based on Vehicle and Driver 1, Driver 2, etc.

I still have not been able to use the app. I dont have a facebook account and the Android version doesnt support twitter login. Would it be possible to create a login on your website to edit the user profile?
I also tried creating a "anonymous" facebbok account for login but that didnt work either, does the facebook account need to have the same email as i registered for Tesla Tracks with?

I still have not been able to use the app. I dont have a facebook account and the Android version doesnt support twitter login. Would it be possible to create a login on your website to edit the user profile?
I also tried creating a "anonymous" facebbok account for login but that didnt work either, does the facebook account need to have the same email as i registered for Tesla Tracks with?
We will look into what's going on. If you have a facebook it should work, should not be an email issue. What happens when you lick on Facebook?

Thanks!

Here's a sneak peek at a very new feature about to be rolled out. Sign up here if you haven't - Welcome | Teslab

Code:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It&#39;s going to be amazing to watch the <a href="#tesla hashtag on Twitter">#tesla</a> community use these features.  Sign up here for beta - <a href="Welcome | Teslab">Welcome | Teslab</a> <a href="#bettertesla hashtag on Twitter">#bettertesla</a> <a href="TeslabApp on Twitter">TeslabApp on Twitter</a></p>&mdash; Ben Schippers (@bschippers) <a href="Ben Schippers on Twitter">January 5, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mayor Card 2x.png

Here's a sneak peek at a few amazing features coming very soon. Sign up here if you haven't already for the beta - Welcome | Teslab

Given you have the VIN, seems to me you should easily be able to aggregate this info. Same goes for tracking a trip - which ever phone gets registered as 'on the move' first owns that trip. Second phone just verifies that trip is still in progress according to the other phone.

I'd think there's a decent number of potential users where more than one person uses the car, and given that (as a user) you really want a consolidated view of the vehicles use.

Perhaps add a 'driver' (based on Phone ID) to each trip, so spouses can fight it out for who drives most efficiently, etc - but you want a complete view of the vehicle too - that's it, you want views based on Vehicle and Driver 1, Driver 2, etc.

That's definitely an option. The other thing we are thinking about is how to support multiple cars, which the data collection engine on the back should be able to but it will require a change in the UI to fully support.

But there's a lot already on the dev back log... We will keep you posted as things develop!

The issue went away today. It's not tracking any data though.

I changed MyTesla password after using it on your app, does it have to be the same? I am not really comfortable with that.

If you charge your password on Tesla. Com all existing tokens will be invalidated. We lose access to the car and so you won't be able to track anything.

Tesla has sort of half implemented oauth. We use your user name and password to get a token, and then access the API with that token. It would be awesome if they'd implement the front end/UI part of the flow, so you could grant access to specific applications without sharing your password, and maybe granting only read only access for certain apps. Then you would not be able to use the controls of course.

You shouldn't need to use the same email address. Can you message me your email addresses and I can take a look.

The reason there is no Twitter login on Android is because there's a bug in the react native implementation of the Twitter SDK. Once that's fixed we should be it in

You shouldn't need to use the same email address. Can you message me your email addresses and I can take a look.

The reason there is no Twitter login on Android is because there's a bug in the react native implementation of the Twitter SDK. Once that's fixed we should be it in
It just displayed a gray screen. If I rebooted the phone and started the app it just displayed the need to get to know you and Facebook login screen again

A couple of possible bugs I have noticed:

1) the app isn't picking up all of my driving or charging. I did one trip of around 400 miles last week, including 2 SuperCharger stops. Some legs of the trip didn't register and nor did the first SpC stop. I can see these okay in TeslaFi, so it's no an issue with the data from my car.

2) I'm in the habit topping up my car charge in the morning before I leave in an attempt to warm the battery (not sure that works, but never mind). The scheduled charge usually finishes about 30-60 minutes before I do the manual top up. I think the app is getting confused about the stats for the top up. For example, this morning is says:

Charged 176 miles in 6hr 13 min << TRUE
Charged 187 miles in 31 min << FALSE!

It looks like the mileage from the first charge is being added into the second one?

A comment, rather than a bug:

The 'gas money saved' doesn't really work well if you're not in the US, in my opinion. I'm guessing you want a level playing field as you are gamifying this, but it's just odd to see a '$100 in gas money saved' badge when I know that I've probably saved 3 times this given the relative cost of petrol to electricity for me. I'd prefer to be able to either opt out of things that I'm not interested in, or be able to set more realistic values to calculate this, so I see a message that's meaningful to me.