Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My expectation is that the majority of production for the next few weeks are going focused on sending MY's via train to the east coast/eastern middle for June delivery since it takes two to three weeks to get them from the factory, shipped across the country, and into buyers hands. The last time I looked at the spreadsheet it listed one VIN # total assigned in the last five days so it seems like this process has already started. Then they will move to processing orders that don't need to be sent via train but do need to be trucked (e.g., western/western middle part of the country). Finally, they will move to the west coast with the area right around the Fremont factory being filled the last two weeks of June. I ordered the end of March. There are cars being delivered in my area in the next week but my combo was not built in time. I am expecting a VIN # sometime around the 3rd week of May with delivery in the first half of June. While my shipping estimates have moved around they have slowly migrated from the end of April - May, May - May, May - June, to now solidly in June. The good news is that it allows me to stop obsessing about the @#@#$ VIN #.

Yes, about 24 days on average to receive a VIN. Varies by order selection, but not by too much. By this average for my selected trim options, I should receive my VIN on a week from today.

EXCEL_9nUAoYwH2v.png

Last edited:
My expectation is that the majority of production for the next few weeks are going focused on sending MY's via train to the east coast/eastern middle for June delivery since it takes two to three weeks to get them from the factory, shipped across the country, and into buyers hands. The last time I looked at the spreadsheet it listed one VIN # total assigned in the last five days so it seems like this process has already started. Then they will move to processing orders that don't need to be sent via train but do need to be trucked (e.g., western/western middle part of the country). Finally, they will move to the west coast with the area right around the Fremont factory being filled the last two weeks of June. I ordered the end of March. There are cars being delivered in my area in the next week but my combo was not built in time. I am expecting a VIN # sometime around the 3rd week of May with delivery in the first half of June. While my shipping estimates have moved around they have slowly migrated from the end of April - May, May - May, May - June, to now solidly in June. The good news is that it allows me to stop obsessing about the @#@#$ VIN #.

I have the same expectation for my basic config 5 seater, white, MY LR shipped to New York. But I ordered on 4/23. My estimate was the same May-June originally, but now has solidly been in June.

Jeez-ordered on 2/18 and picked up MY7 RED/White/Tow/19"/FSD today. Rear left door is misaligned. Not really happy about having to come back for it-pretty arogant on Tesla's part. Other than that car looks great but I must say if it wasn't for the joy-kill of waiting and arrogance on Tesla's part-it would be a great experience.
Additionally-found 2 plastic covers popped off the rear seat rails-I put them back but seriously. How much time and how can I send any quality issues to Tesla. We were sort of rushed out of the dealership and told: oh well it is what you see so if you have only one issue-thats what is being reported.

Attachments

• IMG_6248.jpeg
    IMG_6248.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 62
We’ve had our Model Y since February and still check up here often to see latest updates. Hang in there everyone antsy for their Tesla and dealing with delivery delays! All I can say is it’s 1000% cooler than you were expecting so the wait is worth it. I highly recommend the roof rack and plasti-dipping Gemini covers and Tesla logo for anyone researching those. Enjoy!
F74E3CDE-5B25-461F-86F2-6D9B6415EDB4.jpeg

69B5EE0B-D213-4058-9042-740E2626C229.jpeg

We’ve had our Model Y since February and still check up here often to see latest updates. Hang in there everyone antsy for their Tesla and dealing with delivery delays! All I can say is it’s 1000% cooler than you were expecting so the wait is worth it. I highly recommend the roof rack and plasti-dipping Gemini covers and Tesla logo for anyone researching those. Enjoy!
View attachment 659334
View attachment 659335
Glad you posted this. I ordered the MY back on March 28th and immediately ordered the roof rack bars and charger. Both of those showed up along with a few other goodies, and still don't have a delivery date. :( I know it will be awesome once it gets here, but still tough waiting!

View attachment 659334
View attachment 659335
I was considering getting the roof racks, but was concerned about the aerodynamics and wondered if you've noticed any decrease in the mileage?

My original estimate was
Delivery Start Date April 29, 2021
Delivery End Date May 28, 2021

This date kept moving until it reached June 1 to June 21...
Then the date was replaced with the generic 5 - 9 weeks from order date (which translates to May 18 to June 15)
Tonight, my estimate is back to a date range and it is now June 9 to June 29.. Holy smokes... That would be 8 to 12 weeks from order date..

My original estimate was
Delivery Start Date April 29, 2021
Delivery End Date May 28, 2021

This date kept moving until it reached June 1 to June 21...
Then the date was replaced with the generic 5 - 9 weeks from order date (which translates to May 18 to June 15)
Tonight, my estimate is back to a date range and it is now June 9 to June 29.. Holy smokes... That would be 8 to 12 weeks from order date..
Ouch, that hurts... Mine is back to a date range as well, but it's May 29 - June 18, MYLR silver/black/tow hitch ordered 4/21