Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslogic — Mobile Instrument Cluster for Tesla Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been getting the following popping up sometimes when I engage autopilot. It stays for quite a while rather than timing out as the usual message would. The number is always "205 mph", as if the car could actually go that fast!

View attachment 865765

Also, the speed number above "Max" still doesn't act correctly. It shows some lower value until the car's speed actually approaches that limit, then it snaps to the correct value and "sticks".
What happens to autosteer at 206mph?

• Funny
Reactions: Stach
Just finished installing this in a 2019 Model 3 Performance.
Some comments on the process.
It would be a good idea to put the website address in text on the box. Teslogic.com is a blank screen. I had to come back here to find out the actual address was teslogic.co.
There is a QR code for installing the app, but I had already installed the app to see the demo mode, so I did not use it.
The youtube video makes it look FAR easier to access the various parts of the car than it actually is.
The kit does not come with a spudger. I had one, so this was not a problem.
It also does not come with a zip tie. I had one, so this was not a problem.
The only included instructions were the QR code printed on the box.
The instructions in the video are in the wrong order. The first thing it tells you to do is to turn off the car, then move the seat all the way forward. When you turn off the car, you can't move the seat. You must move the seat first.
If you close a door, the car will turn itself back on.
The instructions do not tell you to move the seat into the highest position possible. Older model 3's have full seat adjustments on both driver and passenger side. My seat was in the lowest possible position. It is impossible to get your hand where they need to be if the seat is as low as it can go.
The connector under the seat is the yellow one on the end nearest the passenger side door. I had to watch the video at least three times to be sure. (I worried about this because I suspect that yellow is used to mark cables for airbags, and I did not want to set one off).
I was reminded again why I hate working on cars. One must contort yourself into the most awkward positions, and you can't see what you are doing.
I did succeed in installing this. I have not yet taken it for a test drive.

Reactions: Terpman90
I went for a drive. The phone holder I'm using is this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074Z6GG6W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have it sitting up on the dashboard. This puts it further away, so I don't have to change focus so much when looking at it.
It is a smidgen too low, so the alerts to put my hands on the wheel are partially blocked by the wheel.
I did find that I had to kill the app to get it to re-connect after doing something outside the car.

A feature request: I'd like to see the tire pressures on the main screen. I currently have a screw in one tire, it has not started leaking yet, but the local America's Tire does not have the tires I want in stock, and if they can't repair the tire (screw is in at an angle), I'd be without my car for a few days until they get those tires in, so I'm delaying until they are in stock. I'd like to monitor tire pressure in any case, and the current setup in the software makes that tedious.

I went for a drive. The phone holder I'm using is this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074Z6GG6W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have it sitting up on the dashboard. This puts it further away, so I don't have to change focus so much when looking at it.
It is a smidgen too low, so the alerts to put my hands on the wheel are partially blocked by the wheel.
I did find that I had to kill the app to get it to re-connect after doing something outside the car.

A feature request: I'd like to see the tire pressures on the main screen. I currently have a screw in one tire, it has not started leaking yet, but the local America's Tire does not have the tires I want in stock, and if they can't repair the tire (screw is in at an angle), I'd be without my car for a few days until they get those tires in, so I'm delaying until they are in stock. I'd like to monitor tire pressure in any case, and the current setup in the software makes that tedious.
On the tyre pressure.
You could always use the phone app..the main screen or give the tyre side wall a bit of a push with your thumb.

I am a Taiwanese user

My car is Model Y LR 2023 produced in Giga Berlin,

I want to ask a few questions

1.Can the speed display be switched from MPH to KMH?

2.Can the Teslogic Dash app be displayed through Apple Carplay?

3.Can I change the language setting? Like Traditional Chinese?

I am a Taiwanese user

My car is Model Y LR 2023 produced in Giga Berlin,

I want to ask a few questions

1.Can the speed display be switched from MPH to KMH?

2.Can the Teslogic Dash app be displayed through Apple Carplay?

3.Can I change the language setting? Like Traditional Chinese?
Hi, and thanks for your questions.

1. You cannot change it, but you won't need to do it. Teslogic works in two systems of measurements – imperial and SI. The application switches to the system used in Tesla's main interface.

2. Teslogic is displayed on your phone screen, therefore you won't need CarPlay.

3. No, the language cannot be changed. So far, only English is available, but we will work on adding other languages.

The app logs intriguing, but can I make it work with a different OBD2 adaptor? I am more than happy to pay good money for such a version. I already have a CAN bus tap in the back of the car and would prefer to have a more standard adaptor like an OBDLink MX+ in order to make it work with apps that provide different functionality, or can be used in other cars too.

Today mine decided to go into "repair plz" mode, and asked me to repair 3 times in about a minute...

Will there be a firmware update or app update to address the connection stability issues? I can't suggest this to someone else given the connection issues that plague it.

The app logs intriguing, but can I make it work with a different OBD2 adaptor? I am more than happy to pay good money for such a version. I already have a CAN bus tap in the back of the car and would prefer to have a more standard adaptor like an OBDLink MX+ in order to make it work with apps that provide different functionality, or can be used in other cars too.
Other adapters cannot work with two CAN buses and are significantly slower than ours, so the app will not be fully functional even if we add support for third-party adapters.

Early Model 3 ('17-20) supports daisy-chaining, so you can connect adapters in series. Or, if you have a Model 3 21+ / Model Y, you can connect the second adapter to the rear console.

Reactions: scottf200 and idco
So far it's still connecting very very slowly, but I've not had to kill it to get it to connect.

(And also, highway/city range still swapped. Main range still a random different number than anything else)
Yep, had it fail to connect today for ~20 min until I reset Bluetooth. I'll note the radar detector app connects reliably to the radar detector via Bluetooth within a few seconds of starting.

I installed your product last year and have been having issues with my FSD on my 2022 Model Y recently. My IR was not working on my interior cabin camera. I took it to Tesla for service and they found your harness to be the cause of the malfunction. They said the harness disconnected the power source for the camera IR feature. This functionality is necessary to use autopilot and FasD now. I may have noticed earlier but I only just subscribed to FSD last month. Tesla removed your harness and charged me an hour of labor for diagnosis and removal of your harness. System functions properly now.

I installed your product last year and have been having issues with my FSD on my 2022 Model Y recently. My IR was not working on my interior cabin camera. I took it to Tesla for service and they found your harness to be the cause of the malfunction. They said the harness disconnected the power source for the camera IR feature. This functionality is necessary to use autopilot and FasD now. I may have noticed earlier but I only just subscribed to FSD last month. Tesla removed your harness and charged me an hour of labor for diagnosis and removal of your harness. System functions properly now.
Update on the situation: we refunded the cost of the product and sent a new wiring that supports full FSD (the old one did not support). If someone has a problem with FSD, please write to our email [email protected] and we'll send you an updated wiring for free.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200